[Ext] SessionSaver .2d: new (rewrite)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
beermatt

Post by beermatt »

insomniac81 wrote:if you haven't found it already, the built in session saving function in 2.0 is available under the the startup settings pulldown labeled "when firefox starts" if you go to Options->Main
That covers the functionality of restoring the set of tabs that were open when FF was closed, also there is now the History -> Recently Closed Tabs menu (replaces Tools -> - Snapback Tab of SessionSaver). However hodges also said
hodges wrote:And the latter is touted to have "session saving" functionality, _but_ I don't see any menu items for "save this window" or "restore this window", which is functionality the "session saver" add-on has and on which I depend.

which is also the point of my post - I fairly regularly save a Session to review later, then close all the tabs/windows down until I need to review it (though perhaps the Bookmarks -> Bookmark All Tabs goes some way towards covering this). However at the minute I have the situation where I have several saved sessions which I can see in the SessionSaver menu but I am unable to access..

PS I am now using the official FF2 release - not sure how much difference there is from RC3 but my SessionSaver problem is certainly still there..
halcy

Post by halcy »

I had trouble making FF 2.0 internal session saving work 100% reliably for me, untill I followed the instructions here:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.sessionstore.enabled

user_pref("browser.sessionstore.enabled", true);
user_pref("browser.sessionstore.resume_from_crash", true);
user_pref("browser.startup.page", 3);

Now all windows (including positions), tabs, inputs and histories are saved and restored properly. Regardless of whether I crash (simulated) or quit normally.
Vivie

Post by Vivie »

I installed Firefox 2.0 it's great..

but I used SessionSaver regularly...

I just want to have access to my already saved sessions..is that possible?
wli

Post by wli »

is there an update of sessionsaver for FF2? Really need it.
pichoscosama

Post by pichoscosama »

I recode SessionSaver for FF2. WHERE CAN I UPLOAD IT?
beermatt

Post by beermatt »

Vivie wrote:I installed Firefox 2.0 it's great..

but I used SessionSaver regularly...

I just want to have access to my already saved sessions..is that possible?
I've done a quick tweak to get it working for me , you can download from here if you fancy trying it..
robmeer

Post by robmeer »

halcy wrote:I had trouble making FF 2.0 internal session saving work 100% reliably for me, untill I followed the instructions here:

http://kb.mozillazine.org/Browser.sessionstore.enabled

user_pref("browser.sessionstore.enabled", true);
user_pref("browser.sessionstore.resume_from_crash", true);
user_pref("browser.startup.page", 3);

Now all windows (including positions), tabs, inputs and histories are saved and restored properly. Regardless of whether I crash (simulated) or quit normally.

Thanks halcy, that did the trick.
craigsharrow

How to delete Unwanted Tab Configurations in SessionSaver?

Post by craigsharrow »

Just started playing with the FF.2.0 version of SS and naturally I screwed up a few times doing saves. I now have about 8 saved window/tab configurations, a number of which have the same name (since I said "Replace" new config with same old name). I'd like to get rid of these items, but don't see any options for doing same.

Do I edit some config, ini, or js file to delete these? Or will I have to live with them and my newbie shame for all eternity.

Please provide complete step-by-step instructions, rather than "experts-should-know-this" shortcuts and abbreviations.

Thanks very much.
CobraA1

Post by CobraA1 »

Hmm, I can't seem to load sessions anymore, I click on it and it wants to delete it :(
beermatt

Post by beermatt »

CobraA1 wrote:Hmm, I can't seem to load sessions anymore, I click on it and it wants to delete it :(
Same problem I had - I tweaked it (forcing it to assume left-clicks), now works for me.. Download here if you want to try the tweak..
prenty

Post by prenty »

Sorry for being completely obtuse, but what do I do with that file once I've downloaded it, beermatt? My computer doesn't seem to know how to run it (keeps asking me what program I want to open it with. Hmph).
beermatt

Post by beermatt »

prenty wrote:Sorry for being completely obtuse, but what do I do with that file once I've downloaded it, beermatt? My computer doesn't seem to know how to run it (keeps asking me what program I want to open it with. Hmph).
It needs to be opened with Firefox, when it asks what program to use choose Select the program from a list, then choose Firefox from the list (if it's not in the list you may need to browse to C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe (assuming you installed to the default location)).
Apologies for not making that clear previously (I forgot that the xpi file extension isn't automatically associated with Firefox).
prenty

Post by prenty »

Ah-hah! Thank you so much! I was afraid I'd never get my Sessions back, but there they are! Thanks a heap!
ninodelsol

Post by ninodelsol »

beermatt wrote:
CobraA1 wrote:Hmm, I can't seem to load sessions anymore, I click on it and it wants to delete it :(
Same problem I had - I tweaked it (forcing it to assume left-clicks), now works for me.. Download here if you want to try the tweak..
BeerMatt, thanks for the tweak!

The one thing I can't figure out is how to delete sessions from the SessionSaver menu. I think in pre-FF 2.0 I was able to right click on a session to be deleted (then maybe left click? can't remember), and then a dialogue box would pop up.

I tried that sequence with your tweaked version but it didn't work. Am I missing something?

Thanks.
Foosh9

Session Saver

Post by Foosh9 »

One of the best extensions for Firefox 1.6 seems to cause 2.0 to freeze when used. Has anyone found a way to save all open sessions with 2.0? I'm on Mac OS 10.4.8 and can't open beermatt's tweak. Without it, I am trying to go back to 1.6 but 2.0 overwrote it.