[Ext] SessionSaver .2d: new (rewrite)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
murphyrulez

Post by murphyrulez »

I second that motion. I listen to Sirius streaming radio alot, and if I forget to close the javascript radio window first, I am screwed. If it gets closed last, the next time I open FF, I get a small window with no menus, no tabs. I have no idea how to get that stuff back, so I have had to just remove my FF install, and re-install everything.

Is there an easier way?
d_g

Post by d_g »

Perhaps SessionSaver can maintain 2 or 3 backups of tab sessions on exit? This way, if the last session gets corrupted, we can always go to the one before that.

Now THAT's a good idea!
rue

Post by rue »

You can already achieve an isolated backup via "Save session-copy on shutdown".
Even better: how about a "scheduling" option, which auto-records to a saved set (which you determine), every n-minutes? That avoids determinance of what constitutes 'corruption' and how to counter-activate. The scheduled-set would have a key-shortcut, in case of startup corruption.
Huh. In fact, a shortcut to re-activate a window's chrome would be pretty easy, too. Unnecessary, after the next release; but still easy.

[ oh, i see- you want rolling backups from n-shutdowns back. yea, we can do that, too. ]
cooldyood

Post by cooldyood »

where can i fond sessionsaver extension for 1.0 PR ?
Vadi

Post by Vadi »

yegor

Post by yegor »

For some reason SessionSaver does not restore the last session automatically when I start Firefox. I have "Restore every startup" option checked. The problem holds out since probably FF0.8 (don't remember exactly it was the time when SS didn't work with new release of FF).
So I have to restore session manually. It also usually does not save session automaticaly on shutdown though "save session-copy on shutdown" is checked.
yegor

Post by yegor »

Addition to the previous post:
It seems that I've fixed auto-save on shutdown by removing all sessionsaver entries from pref.js But it still does not restore session on startup.
PeinOmbre

Post by PeinOmbre »

I have installed the Session Saver Extension to use with Firefox 1.0PR and encountered one very annoying bug which I had never seen before. It turns out that everytime I'll shutdown Firefox with multiple tabs opened, when I restart Firefox I get all tabs back except for the last one which appears as an empty tab now. Anyone has encountered that before, or does anyone know how I can fix that?
rue

Post by rue »

wildman:
Don't forget, I did say dev. would resume. I write this stuff, like most here, in spare time. There are no "future plans" -- just the act of setting aside a block of time and writing. ..And yes, once I'm satisfied with its status, I'll give SS its own page.
--
davidc04:
Rig a test-case with the scenario you described, then check the next reply.
---
yegor:
After startup, pop the script-console and post any errors you see: Tools > JavaScript Console.
--
PeinOmbre:
After focusing the empty tab, check the Go-menu -- are the proper history-entries present? Can you activate the desired one?
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

rue wrote:wildman:
Don't forget, I did say dev. would resume. I write this stuff, like most here, in spare time. There are no "future plans" -- just the act of setting aside a block of time and writing. ..And yes, once I'm satisfied with its status, I'll give SS its own page.

Right click on the extension and go to "Visit Home Page" and it comes up with this:

http://adblock.mozdev.org/sessionsaver/
yegor

Post by yegor »

rue wrote:yegor:
After startup, pop the script-console and post any errors you see: Tools > JavaScript Console.

After startup there is no message on the console window BUT after I restore the session manually a message appears:

Error: [Exception... "'Component does not have requested interface' when calling method: [nsIInterfaceRequestor::getInterface]" nsresult: "0x80004002 (NS_NOINTERFACE)" location: "<unknown>" data: no]
KilliK

Post by KilliK »

i have done a stupid thing
i had saved a tab session in the last 9x firefox version and yesterday i installed the 1.0pr version over the older one
the new ff didnt restore my saved session and ofcourse the ss plugin is incompatible.
is there a way to open the saved session manually or at least to see which urls were saved?its very important
and the h**p://www.extensionsmirror.nl link for the 1.0pr compatible plugin doesnt work :(
wong888

Post by wong888 »

open your prefs.js file with notepad, the sessions are saved at the bottom part.
cant afford a sig.
KilliK

Post by KilliK »

wong888 wrote:open your prefs.js file with notepad, the sessions are saved at the bottom part.

thanx very much it worked ;)
Klavs

Post by Klavs »

Session saver simply won't work for me - it never has :(

I have used TBE since firefox 0.7 - and it worked fine.
Since I upgraded from 0.8 to 0.9 it didn't automatically restore sessions - but atleast I could save tabstate and restore them.
Only problem with TBE is that it makes my firefox sooo slow - it litereally takes me 10 seconds to switch between tabs and the cpu usage goes to max - when I've got more than a tab or two open :( - it also made firefox prone to crash - on www.bt.dk especially - but only with TBE installed.

So I uninstalled TBE - and now tried Session saver on v1.0pre - but it does not work - I tried the version from extensionsmirror.nl - last nightly build 23.

I also tried to find my last session in my prefs.js - and delete that - but it does not save a new one in there - and something! restores only my last active tab :(

In prefs.js there's these two, that I think does this - and perhaps they are disallowing sessionsaver to work?

user_pref("browser.tabs.extensions.reload_restored_session", true);
user_pref("browser.tabs.extensions.restore_last_visited_tabs", true);
user_pref("browser.tabs.extensions.session.save_blank_tab", false);