[Ext] SessionSaver .2d: new (rewrite)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Here's a copy of my message from this thread http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... 166#685166

sasquatch wrote:I am now wondering how to get rid of an old session as well. It keeps opening like 15 tabs every time I start up. PLUS, it won't let me uninstall. All I can do is disable it.

HELP!

P.S. The web page from the extension is still broken as per my message above.

Another link with same problem: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic ... sion+saver
komencanto

Post by komencanto »

Why hasn't this great extension been added to the new extension database?
tgiangreco

Sessionsaver. Where'd it go???

Post by tgiangreco »

I just downloaded sessionsaver form foxfire yeaterday and now it's gone from the site. I want to install it on my other machines. Can anyone help?
TommyG
ieremiou

Post by ieremiou »

Go to http://extensionsmirror.nl/ many extensions have come to reside there. Including Sessionsaver which has now been made compatible with 0.9 due to sboulema's efforts.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20050922 Firefox/1.6a1 - Build ID: 2005092210
crashinPC

session saver: delete old saved sessions

Post by crashinPC »

i think/expect it's been asked, but i don't know if anyone's answered the question in this forum about how to delete past saved sessions (there are 30 pages here, &i'm not going to read thru all of them to find out! :p ) ..anyway, if you still want to know how, please see my answer here (as 'ghost_13' ):

http://extensionroom.mozdev.org/more-in ... nsaver#c52
firepower

Post by firepower »

Does this extension play well with TBE? Or is it meant to be part of the instead-of-TBE extension group?

thanks
rue

Post by rue »

firepower:
Authored with no consideration for TBE. In fact, it was purely coincidental that TBE added session-saving around the same time.
Since TBE attempts to rewrite / rewire major portions of the browser front-end, 'conflicts' is the safer bet.
ieremiou

Post by ieremiou »

From what I've learned TBE takes control of so much of what the browser does that it slows down the loading of the pages.
But using the Alternative Extensions to TBE, I have gotten what you could say is the same power of TBE but without the degrade in speed. Even if it is a dozen extensions instead of one.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20050922 Firefox/1.6a1 - Build ID: 2005092210
BenBasson

Post by BenBasson »

If you use TBE and Session Saver, disable TBE's session-saving abilities. On the other hand, you could check out TBP, Single Window and WindowsQ, TBE's competition.
Proneax

Post by Proneax »

you can edit old sessions out in prefs.js

Seems like it would be an easy feature to add to the extension, i'm sure it will come in time.
gbage

FireFox opens 200px wider than it should (and quick fix)

Post by gbage »

I'm not sure if this was already discused before.. but dealing with 30+ pages for this thread seems a little overwhelming to review in a row. If so, i do apologize.

I've noticed a small problem with this excellent extension.

If Rue's extension is enabled, the browser *always* open 200px wider than it should. Disabling the extension always brought back the exact sizing.

So i opened the sessionsaver.jar file looking for the bug, and i had to admit that the code was perfectly well written. No bugs inside.

But that bad-resizing behaviour was still there (in all my six Firefox browsers from several machines), so... i changed the line 444 in content/sessionsaver/sessionsaver.js

Code: Select all

content.outerWidth  = prefArray[1];

to

Code: Select all

content.outerWidth  = prefArray[1] - 200;

zipped back the sessionsaver.jar, restarted, and... tada! my problem was solved.

As i've said before i dunno if this is a common behaviour, or just an extension side-effect, but this nasty hack worked for me in all my FireFox installations.
--
Use the source, Luke
Wizard of OS

Post by Wizard of OS »

I met some annoying bug rigth now, maybe someone can confirm this.

open some sized popup, barless, close all FFX windows, leave the popup and close the popup at last.

restart firefox.
you get a maximized FX window with the popup content but it is barless and there is almost nothing you can do to restore the bars.
only trigger some external link resolves this issue.
XoloX

Sessionsaver doesn't work on Mozilla (1.7.20040.14766)

Post by XoloX »

First of all: Hi! And thanks, Rue, for your excellent work on AdBlock and Sessionsaver! Now for the problem :). If this is a common thing in Mozilla, and mentioned in this thread, I apoligize, but it's quite time-consuming to work through this whole thread.... (Maybe a small forum, for example next to adblock, would be better, IMHO...)

I recently switched back from Firefox to Mozilla (Please, don't try and convince to go back, I have my reasons). And I'm still working on collecting all my favorite extensions, functioning one's that is, in Mozilla. I need only three extra functions: adblocking, an extra tab close button on each tab, and a sessionsaver. I already found out that AdBlock and Tab X support Mozilla out of the box. And I recall (:D) getting Sessionsaver to work on Mozilla, but when I try, it gives me this error:

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
Please post this error to the SessionSaver thread:

browser.startup.homepage

[Exception..."Component returned failure code: 0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED)
[nsIPrefBranch.getComplexValue]" nsresult: "0x8000ffff (NS_ERROR_UNEXPECTED)" location:
"JS frame :: chrome://sessionsaver/content/sessionsaver.js :: anonymous :: line 91" data: no]
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

What am I doing wrong? I'm using Mozilla on Win32, version 1.7.20040.14766. I installed Sessionsaver on a clean profile. And I know that MultiZilla exists, but it's got way to much funtionality for me, and I don't like some of it's features. And I know that Recall exists, but it doesn't work at all...

So I tried just dropping sessionsaver.jar in my (clean profile again..) chrome-dir. What a mistake! Most of Mozilla's menu's are missing?! Well, actually, the menu's are still there but they don't have content.

Could someone please shed some light on this? I'd really appreciate it!

I really want to get SessionSaver working on Mozilla, it's my favorite extension...

Thanks in advance,

XoloX
rue

Post by rue »

XoloX:
By all accounts, SessionSaver simply doesn't work with moz1.7+. I haven't resumed dev. yet, so I can't tell you why this is.
If you set your homepage to blank or something "different", it should get around that error. But, be advised it will probably fail in other ways.
XoloX

Re: Sessionsaver doesn't work on Mozilla (1.7.20040.14766)

Post by XoloX »

Thanks for your quick reply! I already had my homepage set to about:blank, so that won't help... However, I ran into something else... I just knew I got it running in the past... But I didn't recall where I got the sessionsaver.xpi from, or what version it was. I found it, it was @ www.extensionsmirror.nl. It appears to be offline at the moment, so I can't post a link to the page... The sessionsaver-preferences page says "v0.2 d1 Nightly * build 23". And it doesn't give me any errors. It actually worked OK... Yesterday...... So now I'm back to where I started: I've got the extension, but it doesn't work...

But according to your reaction, I assume I might aswell give up on getting SessionSaver to work on Mozilla 1.7....?

Would anyone know of a different extension I could use for Mozilla?

"And I know that MultiZilla exists, but it's got way to much funtionality for me, and I don't like some of it's features. And I know that Recall exists, but it doesn't work at all... " So are there any other options :D ?