[Ext] SessionSaver .2d: new (rewrite)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

Prognathous wrote:Does SessionSaver have a bug tracker where I can report this?

It did (not save for work), but since its original author was last seen in January 2006, you might have better luck asking beermatt to organize an alternative (in case he doesn't prefer this mega-thread).
beermatt

Post by beermatt »

zeniko wrote:
Prognathous wrote:Does SessionSaver have a bug tracker where I can report this?

It did (not save for work), but since its original author was last seen in January 2006, you might have better luck asking beermatt to organize an alternative (in case he doesn't prefer this mega-thread).
Nobody is actively maintaining SessionSaver any more. As above, rue hasn't been seen in some time, and no-one has offered to maintain this, apart from the patch offered by myself and KofolaMaster's patch (functionally equivalent).

It may be worth checking one of the patched versions as wormey had a similar problem with SM1.1, and confirmed the patch worked. If not you may be waiting some time for someone to look into it i.e. don't hold your breath ;)

Personally I've now switched to Session Manager as this is being actively maintained & updated. Don't worry about the warnings about conflicts with SessionSaver, it's possible to have both installed (just a tiresome job to restore each session from SessionSaver and then resave using Session Manager - only needs to be done once though).

Good luck..
tennisknight

session saver won't work anymore

Post by tennisknight »

Anyone know how to get my session saver working again? I always have to start a new session and it's getting very annoying.

Thanks!
craigsharrow

Re: [Ext] SessionSaver .2d: new (rewrite)

Post by craigsharrow »

I'm totally addicted to SessionSaver -- but it doesn't work with Firefox3. Does anyone know if the "override all compatibility" button in Firefox Add-ons:Extensions will make it work ....... OR....... is there going to be a version compatible with FF3?
hydreux

Re: [Ext] SessionSaver .2d: new (rewrite)

Post by hydreux »

is there a way export/extract the sessions saved in the prefs.js so that i can use them with other FF3 compatible addons?