[ext] NoScript 1.1.4.5 - faster and neater

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
mwat

Post by mwat »

Brausepaul wrote:Can one encounter Flash etc. on a FTP server?

As far as a server is concerned, everything's just data - no matter what protocol you use to access it.
It's up to the client (e.g. your browser etc.) to add some kind of meaning to the data received. And that in turn may involve the user's OS as well (for example WinDOS uses a socalled filename "extension" to determine the "type" of data).
So the answer is twofold: Of course a FTP server may distribute Flash files, but how the remote client reacts on such a file depends on the client's local setup.
--
Matthias
Alfred Neuman

Post by Alfred Neuman »

How about an option to remove that warning each time I want to allow scripts globally?
It gets to be annoying after a while. I can remember what the consequences are.
Trust me.

How about on/off with a center click on the icon?
Last edited by Alfred Neuman on December 20th, 2006, 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Do you often feel that you must be from another planet, or wish you were?
Phasmus

Post by Phasmus »

Greetings,
NoScript prevents Skype's Firefox extension from working. Skype's plugin converts phone numbers in web pages to clickable skype-links and is installed when Skype is installed. The Skype control button shows up in the Firefox interface but phone numbers aren't Skype-ified. Deactivating NoScript's script blocking doesn't enable the Skype plugin's functionality, but disabling NoScript entirely does. I'm using the latest versions of everything.

I'll be bringing this to the Skype folks' attention too. Hopefully one side or the other (or both working in harmony) can fix this, as I enjoy both of these plugins greatly. If not, well, security comes first.

Thanks.
AlekWO

Post by AlekWO »

Hi,

I'd like to do a Feature Request for ignoring port numbers while matching hostnames rules.

As I'm often conecting to developement servers I need to use urls like http://xxx.com:9060/, http://xxx.com:9080/, http://xxx.com:8001/ etc. I'd like allowing scripts form xxx.com allow them from all ports as well.

It might be an option if not everybody likes the idea, I'd find it very useful.

Regards. AlekWO.
OzmMind

Suggestion: View scripts

Post by OzmMind »

It will be cool if you add new feature: view (blocked) scripts. I think there are a lot of people who know something about JS. So, I can view script and decide allow or disallow it.

...and JS syntax highlighting :) :)
mwat

Re: Suggestion: View scripts

Post by mwat »

OzmMind wrote:So, I can view script and decide allow or disallow it.

Have a look at the "Web Developer" extension
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/60/
which (besides many other features) provides what you requested.
--
Matthias
OzmMind

Re: Suggestion: View scripts

Post by OzmMind »

mwat wrote:
OzmMind wrote:So, I can view script and decide allow or disallow it.

Have a look at the "Web Developer" extension
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/60/
which (besides many other features) provides what you requested.

Ok. Thank you. I will install it.

But about NoScript: I want to see what I allow to do and what I disable! For example, I want to allow button "Post" script when I want to post message to forum :)

I am not a guru in JavaScript, but I know that
a = new ActiveXObject("Trojan.Horse");
a.FormatDriveC();
isn't very good code. So, I will disable it :) :) :)
hatipop37

can't update noscript

Post by hatipop37 »

I've tried all the suggestions and I can't update from 1.1.4.4 to the latest.
I'm running Firefox 1.5.0.9 and all update does is cause the old version to stop working completely.
The message in tools/extensions says noscript will be updated when Firefox is restarted, but it never happens and now I have no noscrpt at all.
I've allowed it in options/extensions, checked about:config; xpinstall enabled :true
what's going on please?
Giorgio Maone

Re: can't update noscript

Post by Giorgio Maone »

hatipop37 wrote:The message in tools/extensions says noscript will be updated when Firefox is restarted, but it never happens

Please read <a href="http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_:_Issues_:_Can't_Install_Themes_or_Extensions">this</a>, and particularly <a href="http://kb.mozillazine.org/Firefox_:_Issues_:_Can't_Install_Themes_or_Extensions#Extensions..2A_files">this</a>.
Good luck!
hatipop37

Post by hatipop37 »

The second "this" did the trick, thank you very much Giorgio and happy holidays!
angussf

Option to DISABLE "allow globally"

Post by angussf »

I'm a network admin and I have USERs (remember, "user" is 4-letter word) who keep turning on "allow scripts globally". I need to prevent this from happening. Is there any way to prevent this from being turned on?

Alternate solutions would be a timeout setting -- "allow scripts globally for 5/10/15/30 minutes" -- for those rare times when it really is needed OR a password on this particular option.

Thanks for any ideas on how I can keep these l-USERs from running scripts on my networks.
Wizard of OS

Post by Wizard of OS »

I'd like to do a Feature Request

looking for a features which does the following:

"allow" JS from original:
1. 2nd base
2. full domain
3. full address

bacially it would automatically temporary allow JS for the original domain if not set otherwise

this is a feature I badly need. NoScript blocks perfectly useless code but some "good" site still require JS

thx,

hope to see this in the next version!
kygin

Post by kygin »

Running:
Firefox 2.0.0.1
NoScript 1.1.4.5.061221

I've been using Google Docs and Spreadsheets via Firefox and NoScript with no problem, but when I tried to open a document on the siter today, I was able to open it, but it was empty. At that point, no matter what I clicked, nothing happened. I couldn't even close the document. Using IE 7, I was able to acess and edit the document. If I disabled NoScript, exited Firefox and reloaded, then I was able to access and edit the documents with no trouble. Any idea what is causing the problem?
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

kygin wrote:I've been using Google Docs and Spreadsheets via Firefox and NoScript with no problem, but when I tried to open a document on the siter today, I was able to open it, but it was empty. Any idea what is causing the problem?

Google Toolbar?
kygin

Post by kygin »

I dunno what's going on. I'm running

Adblock
Filterset G Updater
Google Notebook
Google Toolbar
IE View
Site Advisor
NoScript

I disabled everything except NoScript, restarted Firefox and accessed Google Docs and Spreadsheets. Opened an existing document. It was still blank and none of the editing or control commands would work, even "Save and close." At that point and with the document still open, I opted to accept scripts globally. Voila! The document reloaded, text was visible and the commands worked. With the document still open, I went back and disallowed global scripts. It reloaded...and the text was still there and editable. I exited the site, went back, opened the same document and the text was there and everything still worked like it was supposed to. Opened a different document and it still works. Went back and re-enabled all the add-ons and docs and spreadsheets still works. Beats me. (BTW, love NoScript. I wouldn't run Firefox without it. Thank you.)