[ext] NoScript 1.1.4.5 - faster and neater

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Giorgio Maone

Re: reading for pleasure

Post by Giorgio Maone »

yankeedam wrote:Hi, Giorgio -- My first post here, thanks for saving my life many times that I don't even know about.

..........In my web work, I click on PDF files about 10% of the time. NoScript hates them all, and makes me click the icon and then click "allow" before I can go on with my reading. Please, can you eliminate this annoyance?

Try unchecking NoScript Options|Advanced|Forbid Other Plugins.
Hope it helps :)
reevuur

Post by reevuur »

Giorgio Maone wrote:
reevuur wrote:I've sent you the maonoscript.sites by PM.
Have you found something?

No, it looks like a fair ordinary whitelist. Also, installing it on a clean profile didn't cause any unexpected behaviour :-k
reevuur wrote:Almost all my sites gives the indication "Scripts Partially Allowed" when I have clicked on enable "name_of_site".

What does it say if you click again on the button?
Many pages use JavaScript to load other scripts, so you can't see some forbidden domains until the main is allowed. This actually means sometime you can see "script partially allowed" after you allowed the only one domain you can see, because other script origins could be detected only afterwards.

I don't understand what you try to say with click on the button.
Which button do you mean?
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

reevuur wrote:I don't understand what you try to say with click on the button.

On the "Options" button on the NoScript yellow bar, if it's displayed, or on the NoScript icon itself displayed on the status bar.
reevuur

Post by reevuur »

Yes I believe I found it.

It is google-analytics what's blocking the javascripts.
yankeedam

PDF blocking

Post by yankeedam »

DUHHHH. Thanks for replying, Giorgio. Have a good day.
mwat

Detect whether NoScript is installed

Post by mwat »

Hi,

I'd like to recommend the plugin from web-pages I'm creating. I wonder whether there is a (JavaScript) way to detect whether NoScript is already installed or not. If such a detection would return FALSE I could place some note on the page suggesting to install it.

Any ideas?
--
Matthias
scunizi

NoScript & Dual Monitors

Post by scunizi »

Hi, I'm running Ubuntu Dapper LTS with dual monitors (crt on left and DVI on right). When I have FF open on the DVI and am notified of a blocked script, I can't open the noScript menu to allow or temp allow anything. If I move FF to the CRT (drag across) the noScript menu will open correctly when clicked. Is there a solution to this? The only other extensions I have loaded are... Gmail notifier, Google Notebook and English Language Pack. Version of noScript is 1.1.4.5.061206 but it also did it on the previous version.

Thanks for the help.
zKon

Can no script work in 'reverse polish'?

Post by zKon »

I love what noscript does but I have just one problem. Being an optimist, I generally assume that the world is a good place and that where I visit on the web will be by default a nice place to go (I generally avoid bad places). Hence I trust that most web site's use of JS is reasonable and fair to get the UI to behave as they like.

Thus I'd like to have NoScript setup so that by default all web sites I visit are allowed to use JS and to only EXCLUDE those that I nominate as bad citizens. Lets face it there are more good guys out there than bad guys :)

Thus when I go somewhere I only need to load the page once if its a good guy (most of the time) or if its a baddie I can click on the noScript button and have the site's JS turned off etc

Can NoScript do this?
Wizard of OS

Feature Request

Post by Wizard of OS »

I'd like to do a Feature Request

looking for a features which does the following:

"allow" JS from original:
1. 2nd base
2. full domain
3. full address

bacially it would automatically temporary allow JS for the original domain if not set otherwise

this is a feature I badly need. NoScript blocks perfectly useless code but some "good" site still require JS

thx,

hope to see this in the next version!
wwfc_barmy_army

Post by wwfc_barmy_army »

Hello.

Is there any way to make it so you can allow all but block certain sites?

At the moment it seems you either block globally and add each site into the allow list of allow all but can't block certain sites.

So yeah, can i allow all but block certain sites?

Thanks.
mwat

Re: Can no script work in 'reverse polish'?

Post by mwat »

zKon wrote: Hence I trust that most web site's use of JS is reasonable and fair to get the UI to behave as they like.

Just keep the JavaScript-Console open while surfing the web: You'll notice that there's barely a site that doesn't give you JS problems of one kind or another. Your optimistic view shouldn't blind you for reality (which is quite bad actually).
--
Matthias
Foxfire Inferno

OS Reinstallation & NoScript Malfunction

Post by Foxfire Inferno »

Hello, I'm having a bit of a problem with my NoScript Plugin.
Firstly, let me just say that I love this plug-in. Ever since I discovered it last year, I don't browse without it.
Recently however I experienced a severe computer issue that forced me to format my C drive and reinstall windows. (I couldn't get the C drive to boot my OS anymore due to a heat issue.) Since then, I reinstalled Firefox and downloaded the latest version of NoScript.
My problem is that this new version for me is barely working like it used to (or rather like the much older version that I was using in the past.)
If I go to a site that has a slot of different sites running scrips from their pages, it shows them automatically even though NoScript doesn't have them as allowed.
(No, I don't have the button checked to globally allow scripts.)
These are my checked settings just to get that out of the way:
(General Tab:)
Automatically reload affected pages
(Appearance:)
Status Bar Icon
Contextual Menu
Base 2nd Level Domains
Show message about blocked scrips
Place message at the bottom
(Advance:)
Show placeholder icon
Ask for confirmation before temporarily unblocking an object
Truncate Document Titles
Attempt to fix Javascript links
Forbid <a>

I dunno what the problem could be and I've tried different things but nothing seems to fix it. The only thing that I could think of atm is trying to find older version of NoScript to install but I haven't been able to find one yet.
Brausepaul

Post by Brausepaul »

Could a friendly soul explain the difference between

www.noscript.net

and

http://www.noscript.net ?

For me it's the same (meaningwise).
mwat

Post by mwat »

Brausepaul wrote:Could a friendly soul explain the difference between
www.noscript.net
and
http://www.noscript.net ?

The first one is just a host name (w/o access protocol) i.e. it could be accessed with e.g. "http", "https", "ftp", "gopher", "telnet" (whatever protocols are supported by your browser and the remote host).
The second one is a protocol specifier AND a hostname. This means the host has to be accessed by HTTP e.g. "https://www.noscript.net" wouldn't match it.

Personally I'd recommend to use the most specific pattern if in doubt.
--
Matthias
Brausepaul

Post by Brausepaul »

Mmh, okay, so the first option blocks Java and Flash (for example) not only for HTTP but for FTP as well. Can one encounter Flash etc. on a FTP server?