Download Manager Tweak (now, and the future)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Soothsayer

Post by Soothsayer »

Those particular buttons have not worked for me for a few months now. This is no big deal for me, as I usually right click anyway and the options work fine from there.

I have tried several of the 0.7.2 versions, but these buttons do not work in any of the ones I have tried. Do you know of any 0.7.2 version where these buttons work in the latest nightlies? If so, I can apply the same change to that version.

If I get a chance, I will try to look at the code to see what is happening differently between right clicking and clicking on the buttons, but as I do not know how to code in Javascript it may take some time to debug as I usually work out what is going on by following the code logic (if it has any) rather than worrying about the syntax.
MvD

Post by MvD »

Anyone know the difference between chob's and Soothsayer's hacked version of DMT?

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=448305

You guys should contact each other, maybe you could all work together. :)
If God is the answer, it must have been a very stupid question. - Someone on the net
CPU-Z Info|Firefox Info
Schrade

Post by Schrade »

MvD:

This version of Download Manager Tweak adds a "Downloads" tab to the Tools -> Options window.
Chob's version completely removes any additions to the Tools -> Options window.

Also, this version has some problems with themes (launch button in Downloads Manager) as does Chob's version.
"Linux is for those who hate Windows, BSD is for those who love Unix." -Some Guy
Try my themes: QuBranch and QuTrunk
Fix Firefox's Resized image scrolling speed: <b>Bug 163975</b>
bmix

Bugs fixed ?

Post by bmix »

Any "Download Manager Tweak", that works "clean" ? I mean, without bugs and nasty hacks ?
It took great time to set up two independant Firefox profiles that run pretty stable, so I would not like to hose those. ;-)

Is there any chance, that the 2.0 capable revisions get hosted on ADO incl. auto-updates ?

What happened to the original author ?

Thanks. And thanks for making your version public.
Andreas
BlueFyre

Post by BlueFyre »

Can anyone get this to work on the latest Trunk builds?

Currently using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9a1) Gecko/20061201 Minefield/3.0a1 (BlueFyre) and it creates a major right click problem (displays a lot of junk, even when its not appropriate)
If you notice this notice you may notice that this notice is not worth noticing.
Soothsayer

Post by Soothsayer »

@BlueFyre
Try my hacked build linked to in my post near the bottom of page one of this thread.

@Everyone.
I have tried looking at the code behind the buttons on the download window, but I can not see anything obvious as to why these no longer work, although the right click equivalents do.

It needs someone with JavaScript knowledge to look at this and debug it.
BlueFyre

Post by BlueFyre »

Soothsayer
That does not look at all similar to the problem I have and the problem you are trying to resolve...
They are two completely different issues, because I am using 3.0a1

Also the version has not been bumped to 'be compatible'.
Anyhow, maybe someone who actually has the knowledge to fix the extension can help :O

Thanks.
If you notice this notice you may notice that this notice is not worth noticing.
echoes

Post by echoes »

<del>none</del> of the toolbar buttons work for me... just thought i'd mention it.

EDIT: sorry, its just the "Open folder" and "Launch" buttons that don't work.

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.8.1) Gecko/20060601 Firefox/2.0 (Ubuntu-edgy) - Build ID: 0000000000

^ thats the official k/ubuntu release btw in case anyone didn't know...
emm_is

Post by emm_is »

disturbedite - Do you know if the 'Open Folder' and 'Launch' buttons work with the Linux Firefox 1.5/Download Manager Tweak 1.7.1 combination? Could you test the Linux version served from www.mozilla.org? Thanks.
rlm22b

Post by rlm22b »

I don't have a icon on my launch button. It was irking me and I tried to fool with the code to get one to work, but I couldn't. Any ideas?
Windows XP Professional
Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.3
Mozilla Thunderbird 2.0
Gaim 2.0 Beta 6
f8s125

Download Manager Tweak 0.7.2 - Auto clear

Post by f8s125 »

Version 0.7.2 (Thanks for it, I love this extension) does an automatic download history clear right after the download has been completed.
How can I tweak it so that I can check the history of my downloads and clear one by one by myself.
What am I doing wrong?
Until version 0.7.1 I had control of the time when I would like to have one or all entries removed from the download history.
Thanks,
Edson.
:x-mas:

I found the solution:
Open a new FF window
Type "about:config" [w/o the quotes]
Press Enter
Change "browser.download.manager.retention" to
0: Clear upon completion (default in FF 2.0?)
1: Clear when FF exits
2: Manually clear

Thanks to
http://www.xbitlabs.com/forum/viewtopic ... 8b40df1b58
Yaa

Post by Yaa »

I love this extension and am very happy I found it updated.
Nevertheless there is just one thing that annoys me a little bit. The german translation has some of the strings untranslated.

On Addons-window:
A modification of the Firefox Download manager that changes its appereance and allows it to be opened in a seperate window, a new tab, or the side bar.
Should be:
Eine Erweiterung des Firefox Download Managers, die dessen Aussehen verändert und es ermöglicht diesen in einem separaten Fenster, einem neuen Tab oder dem Sidebar zu öffnen.

From the xpi-file:
queueLinkCmd.label "Zur Download Warteschlange hinzufügen..."
queueLinkCmd.accesskey "W"
pref.queue.label "Download Warteschlange"
pref.maxConcurrentDownloads "Höchste Anzahl an gleichzeitigen Downloads der Warteschlange:"
pending.label "Warte..."

I hope you can include it into your next version.
iralaser

Re: Download Manager Tweak (now, and the future)

Post by iralaser »

emm_is wrote:I have updated the Download Manager Tweak to work with firefox 2.0. This fix (should) offer a complete duplication of the features in the original..

I tried to install it twice, and each time I got a "hash" error and the installation did not take place.
ernstblaauw

Re: Download Manager Tweak (now, and the future)

Post by ernstblaauw »

iralaser wrote:
emm_is wrote:I have updated the Download Manager Tweak to work with firefox 2.0. This fix (should) offer a complete duplication of the features in the original..

I tried to install it twice, and each time I got a "hash" error and the installation did not take place.

Me too. Has someone a solution?
emm_is

'hash' error

Post by emm_is »

This error seems to be fixed by some version of reinstallation.

'iralaser' mailed me and said that he uninstalled the download manager tweak and then installed the new one; that worked for him.