Download Manager Tweak (now, and the future)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
imagr8m8

putting properties info in DLM Window

Post by imagr8m8 »

I see that the properties info is only displayed when using DLManager (with Tweak 0.7.2) in a tab, but not when DLMngr is in a separate download window (at least, not on my FF2.0.0.4, Win2K system). It would very handy if properties info could be displayed in the DLMngr Window, as well...maybe 2 lines under the progress meter. Also, maybe "started" and "Finished" could be displayed on the last line next to "Status"....that way all download info (including the properties window info) can be seen at a glance for each entry in the DLMngr. Since I often have MANY (20-30) tabs opened at once, its handy to have all my downloads (often 5-6 going at a time) in the separate window so I can see their progress in the task bar.

To make this even more elegant...buttons could be after the "From" and "To" fields or the fields could be actual links that open the locations...especially handy if you need to get back to the site where the DL was initiated.
DMCrimson

Post by DMCrimson »

Any possibility on creatin an UI-only of this extension? Of course, some features would need to be removed, and that's something I am not able to do... Hints?
BadSeppel

Post by BadSeppel »

I use DMT 0.7.2 and FireFox 2.0.0.8 (german).
When I download a file (w/o DMT installed) and look for the timestamp when the file started and finished to download (Ctrl-J and then right mouse click and then Properties) it shows the correct timestamps. After installing DMT the timestamps are +2 hours. Uninstalling DMT, the timestamps remain +2 hours. It's not a big problem because from time to time I delete the entries.
mahi

Post by mahi »

I just updated to Firefox 2.0.0.9 coming from 1.5.0.12. To be on the safe side, I made a backup of the Mozilla folder in Application Data and then removed it. This way Firefox 2.0.0.9 could start from a clean profile.

All extensions I've used with 1.5 seemed to have been updated to 2.0 and they all installed fine. So did Download Manager Tweak 0.7.2. After Firefox restarted, I could set the options for Download Manager Tweak. Everything seemed normal at first sight.

However, after only a few minutes surfing, I noticed my downloads didn't appear in a tab (as I set in the DMT options), but in the default popup window. When looking in the Add-Ons window the DMT extension was greyed out: "not compatible"... I could also no longer set its options.

Anyone knows a fix or has an updated version that will work with 2.0.0.9?

* Windows XP
* Firefox 2.0.0.9
- AdBlock Plus
- All-in-One Gestures
- MediaPlayerConnectivity
- Tab Mix Plus
(all latest versions as appeared on https://addons.mozilla.org/)
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops... On my desk I have a workstation.
trparky

Post by trparky »

In an effort to find out just why my FireFox browser was eating memory like a pig, I installed an extension called "Leak Monitor".

I've noticed that whenever I close a popup window, Leak Monitor detects a memory leak in your extension.

Leaks in window 0x3e074c0:
[+] [leaked object] (3fb23a8) = [Object]
[+] observe (3fb23a0, chrome://downloadmgr/content/browser.js, 221-260) = [Function]
[ ] prototype (373c990) = [Object]
Tom
Darkscribes, Home of Anime and SciFi Fanfiction and Original works of Fiction.
LangtonBen

Post by LangtonBen »

This extension seems to be completely non-functional in 2.0.0.11. It is a very useful extension. A fix would be very much appreciated. Thank you!
ygoe

Firefox 3 support

Post by ygoe »

Hello,

are there plans to support the upcoming Firefox 3.0? Is any work done already? Can I test something?
MacLingo

Post by MacLingo »

"Cleanup" doesn't work for me.

Running Firefox 2.0.0.13 and just downloaded "Download Manager Tweak".

Mac
Mac Lingo
Berkeley, CA
jsallo

Add option

Post by jsallo »

Assuming that this extension will continue in FF3.0, please add an option to:

Automatically Clear Completed Downloads

Thank you for all of your great work and efforts.
MacLingo

Re: Add option

Post by MacLingo »

"Assuming that this extension will continue in FF3.0, please add an option to:
Automatically Clear Completed Downloads"

How do I add an option, or do you mean turn it on someplace (which I haven't found either)?
watervole02

Re: Add option

Post by watervole02 »

jsallo wrote:Assuming that this extension will continue in FF3.0, please add an option to:

Automatically Clear Completed Downloads

Thank you for all of your great work and efforts.

The option exists in firefox. Uncheck "Remember what I've downloaded" in the privacy options.
MacLingo

Post by MacLingo »

I've unchecked "remember...". But still clicking on "Clear Downloads" nothing happens.
Mac
Mac Lingo
Berkeley, CA
watervole02

Post by watervole02 »

MacLingo wrote:I've unchecked "remember...". But still clicking on "Clear Downloads" nothing happens.
Mac

I was responding to jsallo, who I think was making a feature request separate from the problem you were having. However, unchecking the option does make the "clean up" button obsolete, which kind of solves your problem. It's a drastic measure though.

For anyone who's having compatibility issues with the extension on ff2, try redownloading it.
Endor

Post by Endor »

I hope to see soon a Version for Firefox 3 and up.
I Love Download Manager Tweak add-on.

And i miss it every day.

Please [-o<

Endor
Last edited by Endor on November 2nd, 2008, 4:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:54.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/54.0
jooliaan

Post by jooliaan »

No news yet about a version compatible with Firefox 3.0pre?

@emm_is: please update your extension soon, we're missing it!

TIA!