[Theme] Red Cats (green flavor) 5.6.3 [2014-03-01]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
KasilofLeif

Re: [Theme] Red Cats (green flavor) 5.5.0 [2011-03-24]

Post by KasilofLeif »

Yes, several times, including a long shut-down overnight.
Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

Post by Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat »

Hmm. Weird. Okay, something might have gone wrong during the install so uninstall the theme and install it again. If still no luck, test it with a new profile.
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well. -- Missy Dizick

My Firefox themes: Red Cats (blue & green flavor), Curacao
KasilofLeif

Post by KasilofLeif »

Well, tried, no joy. :"Removed" red cats, downloaded fresh, installed, same results - only "cat" is the '"back/fwd". Oddly enough, if i click on the "Tools" menu, then "options", the resulting dialog box does have all the tabs represented by cats - but not the main page of Firefox. Been through ever option and setting i can think of, so i still have no clue as to why "Red Cats" isn't taking.
My browser and OpSys (XP, SP3) claim they are up-to-date. Firefox 4.0. When i go to Firefox's Help menu and click on "about Firefox, it checks and assures me "firefox is up-to-dat".
My system is newly reinstalled from scratch, on a formatted HD, CNETtracker says all is up-to-date, AVG is up-to-date, and System Mechanic says system health is very good.
Sure like your theme - hope you have some idea.
KasilofLeif
Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

Did you by any chance forget to customize your toolbars? Right-click on any toolbar -> Customize, do you see the rest of the cats?
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well. -- Missy Dizick

KasilofLeif

Post by KasilofLeif »

Dear Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat: That's got it! I knew i had overlooked something obvious and simple. All the cats were at "Customize" drop-and-drag. Duh! Many thanks for your patience!
KasilofLeif
MJKelleher

Post by MJKelleher »

Hi Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat - Been using your theme, and just updated both Firefox and RedCat (Green). I seem to have lost the New Tab button! It's not with the other buttons in Customize. It's one I use often, and miss it sorely, where might it have gone?

MJ Kelleher
Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

@MJKelleher: This is not a Red Cats bug. In Fx 3.6, there were two "new tab" buttons: one in the toolbar (the cat sitting on a tab) and another in the tabbar (the plus sign attached to the last tab). In Fx 4, though, these two buttons were merged into one and you're supposed to have either the cat-on-a-tab or the + sign but NOT the two at the same time.

Apparently, it's the cat-on-a-tab you're missing. Well, getting him back is easy: switch to the Customize mode, drag the + sign from the tabbar to a toolbar of choice and see it magically transform into a red kitty.

Oh and by the way, you can add a new tab by hitting Ctrl + T or double-clicking the empty space in the tabbar.

MJKelleher

Post by MJKelleher »

Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat, thank you! I had the +, moved it up so I got the cat (which is better to look at than a plain +). I knew about the Ctl+T, not about the double click. I always appreciate knowing new ways to do things.

Regards,

MJ Kelleher
CalliecoKat

Post by CalliecoKat »

Nevermind. Whatever was up with my missing arrows is gone now.
Valeriejs

Post by Valeriejs »

I have so enjoyed the red cats (green flavor)

When the newest firefox update did not keep my cats, I went hunting for them. I found them, downloaded them and tried three times! each time I click to install--I get an "invalid or corrupt jarfile" error message.

running firefox 6.01

I am missing my cats! Please help!

Valeriejs
Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

A Firefox theme cannot be installed by double-clicking on the downloaded JAR file - you need to drag the file to the Add-ons Manager window (Tools - Add-Ons).

Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

Re: [Theme] Red Cats (green flavor) 5.5.2 [2012-03-24]

Released version 5.5.2 of Red Cats for Firefox 4.0 - 14.0a1. Changelog:

[+] Dropped support for Firefox 3.6
[+] New 16x16 catless icon set for buttons in the Add-Ons bar, Tabs Toolbar, menu bar and the like
[+] (Add-Ons Manager) New icons for the "Get Add-Ons" and "Extensions" panes
[+] New Stylish icons
[+] New about:memory page themed

[Improved] Better identity icons

[Fixed] [Critical] (Firefox 8+ and Mac OS Lion) Toolbar buttons are missing
[Fixed] (Add-Ons Manager) Install Updates button icon is garbled

Minor bug fixes and improvements

reikithreshold

Re: [Theme] Red Cats (green flavor) 5.5.2 [2012-03-23]

Post by reikithreshold »

I've been using Red Cats Green for several years (how old is it?) - most recently on Windows XP. I always reload it with new Firefox updates. But I just got a computer with Windows 7. And for some reason, the Bookmarks cat doesn't show. It does show on the toolbar when I hit customize, but then it disappears when I click on Done. I use this Cat quite a bit - I know I can just use Ctrl B but I do enjoy the Cats.

Thanks for any help.
reikithreshold

Post by reikithreshold »

I've just observed that if I turn the Menu Bar off, the little Bookmarks Heart shows up on the far right of the Bookmarks Toolbar. Interesting. By the way, I am using Firefox 12.0

Also, I received a message saying there was a reply to my first post, but I don't see it when I come to the forum.

Rick
Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

@reikithreshold:
There are TWO Bookmarks buttons in Firefox: the good old Bookmarks button that opens the Bookmarks sidebar (the one you're after) and Bookmarks menu button that shows the content of your Bookmarks toolbar in a dropdown (the elusive Bookmarks Heart you're referring to). And yes, you have to hide the menu bar for the Bookmarks menu button to show up.

So apparently, you're trying to use the wrong button. All you have to do is open the Customize window and drag the non-menu button (the one that doesn't have a little arrow next to it) to where it belongs.

And by the way, the Red Cats theme is 8 years old. It was first released in 2004.