[Theme] Red Cats (green flavor) 5.6.3 [2014-03-01]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

Re: [Theme] Red Cats (green flavor) 4.2.3.2 [2009-02-03]

Post by Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat »

Version 4.2.3.2 is out, see the first post for changelog.

@steviex: Both flavors of Red Cats now support the Undo Closed Tab Button extension. ;)
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well. -- Missy Dizick

My Firefox themes: Red Cats (blue & green flavor), Curacao
GNTMN

Post by GNTMN »

[New] Editable menulists should act like textfields and change background and border color when focused
My questions regards the above
1.How are these menulists accessed?
2.Once accssesed can the background color of the preferences menu & bookmarks menu be changed to the color i have set?
I dearly love the Blue Cats theme! Unfortunately the only problem I have with it is that doesn't retain my user set background color.
Life is a journey, live the journey, because every
destination is the door to another.
Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

GNTMN wrote:[New] Editable menulists should act like textfields and change background and border color when focused
My questions regards the above
1.How are these menulists accessed?

Oh never mind, those are pretty rare. Say, if you're using the ScrapBook extension, right-click on any folder -> Properties and look at the Title field - here is your editable menulist:

The idea was to provide a clear visual confirmation that the text is editable.

GNTMN wrote:2.Once accssesed can the background color of the preferences menu & bookmarks menu be changed to the color i have set?
I dearly love the Blue Cats theme! Unfortunately the only problem I have with it is that doesn't retain my user set background color.

Well Red Cats is a fully skinned theme so it's never been designed to allow user set colors/backgrounds in the first place. But I need to see the code you're trying to use to tell you whether or not it can be adapted to work with the Red Cats theme. Post the code here or contact me by email, whatever suits you best.
Some people say that cats are sneaky, evil, and cruel. True, and they have many other fine qualities as well. -- Missy Dizick

GNTMN

Post by GNTMN »

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately I'm one of those computer illiterate end users and wouldn't know where,nor what to look for to post. However as stated I do love the Red Cat themes to have just that one problem , hey nothing in this world is absolutely to one's specs! My cats have taught me that at best one is going to get 99.9% and Red Cats is that.
It is my hope that you enjoy making and maintaining these themes as much as those of us that have this theme enjoy it. =D>
Life is a journey, live the journey, because every
destination is the door to another.
emilymargrit

Post by emilymargrit »

OK, this makes me incredibly sad: this skin is messing up my bookmarking and history. I've done everything to fix it, and what finally does the trick is uninstalling your skin and deleting the places.sqlite files in my profile folder and restarting Firefox. However, as soon as I reinstall the skin it messes everything up again, even when I delete the files again with the skin installed and restart blah blah blah. Is there anything I can do to fix this or am I going to be forced to use an ugly skin? Seriously, I've been through and through the skins page on the Firefox add-ins site and this is the only one I like enough to use. Thanks.
Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

For starters, a Firefox theme and the places.sqlite file hold nothing in common - the former is not capable of modifying the latter. So I'm not clear what you mean by saying that the skin is messing up your bookmarks and history. Please provide a _detailed_ description of the problem or better yet, post/email a couple of screenshots.

But first of all, make sure that your problem is not caused by some incompatible extension. Disable all your extensions (or try a new profile) and let me know if the issue's still there.

emilymargrit

Post by emilymargrit »

I agree with you, they really shouldn't have anything in common. However, like I said, I did everything to fix the problem short of uninstalling the skin (and just the skin, not any of the other extensions I use) and it was still not working. But then, when I uninstall the skin it works fine again.

The problem has updated itself since I reinstalled the skin. Now the bookmarks just aren't saving, though it seems like the history is. This leads me to believe I have noooo idea what's going on. I'll try a new profile. In the meantime, while I do that, here's the thread I posted over on the support boards about my problems. It's kind of detailed:

https://support.mozilla.com/tiki-view_f ... adId358882

As you can see the problem was resolved by the end of the thread, but that was before I reinstalled the skin.
emilymargrit

Post by emilymargrit »

OK, for now, creating a new profile worked. I'm confused as to how the problem came about in the first place and why the installing the skin somehow seemed to set off the different glitches I was getting, but it all works now and I have kitty cats in my browser again. Thanks.
Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

Glad it worked for you in the end. :) You may have had an old and messy profile - that can trigger quite a range of issues. And the theme installation process acted as a catalyst...

emilymargrit

Post by emilymargrit »

Ohhh, I see. That makes sense. Well cheers.
Morac

Re: [Theme] Red Cats (green flavor) 4.2.4 [2009-06-07]

Post by Morac »

The rules you add specifically for Session Manager cause the load session window to not display correctly. Specifically it causes the checkbox images to not display in the lower pane.

The problem rule is as follows:

Code: Select all

#sessionmanagerPrompt treechildren::-moz-tree-checkbox(checked),
#sessionmanagerPrompt treechildren::-moz-tree-checkbox(partial) {
  list-style-image: none !important;
}

This overrides the rules in Session Manager which display the check box:

Code: Select all

treechildren::-moz-tree-checkbox(checked) {
  list-style-image: url("chrome://sessionmanager/skin/cbox-check.gif");
}

treechildren::-moz-tree-checkbox(checked, selected, focus) {
  list-style-image: url("chrome://sessionmanager/skin/cbox-check-hl.gif");
}

treechildren::-moz-tree-checkbox(partial) {
  list-style-image: url("chrome://sessionmanager/skin/cbox-check-dis.gif");
}

treechildren::-moz-tree-checkbox(partial, selected, focus) {
  list-style-image: url("chrome://sessionmanager/skin/cbox-check-dis-hl.gif");
}

Can you please fix this as I already had one bug report telling me my extensions is broken because of this.
https://www.mozdev.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=21093
ScottF4

Red Cats (green flavor) 4.2.4 Breaks Session Manager

Post by ScottF4 »

Morac wrote:The rules you add specifically for Session Manager cause the load session window to not display correctly. Specifically it causes the checkbox images to not display in the lower pane.

Can you please fix this as I already had one bug report telling me my extensions is broken because of this.
https://www.mozdev.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=21093

Hi! Love Red Cats (green flavor) but I also use Session Manager which Red Cats is effecting. Please fix.

Thanks!
Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

@Morac & ScottF4:
I'll try to fix the issue in the next version of the theme. And sorry for the late reply - I'm just back from my summer vacation and slowly catching up...

cait

Post by cait »

Why does my browser look like this when i try to to use the Red Cats theme?

I have no idea what to do. :(
Red_Fat_Lazy_Cat

cait wrote:Why does my browser look like this when i try to to use the Red Cats theme?

Might be related to some extension. Try a new profile - do you still have this problem?