[Ext] IE Tab 1.5

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
jimmtg

Re: [Ext] IE Tab 1.5

Post by jimmtg »

There is an upgraded version by third party:https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/82006.You can try it if you can't wait.
rseiler

Post by rseiler »

Very interesting. I'd love to know what "a little bit modification" means when it sounds like it needed a lot more than that. Is it a hack or a restructuring?
OverBrn

Post by OverBrn »

jimmtg wrote:There is an upgraded version by third party:https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/82006.You can try it if you can't wait.

Dead Link.

I tried the the install trick, but I just get black screen in the tab, like everyone else.

I really hope someone updates this great add-on.
wanderer510

Post by wanderer510 »

rseiler wrote:And since the June 25th details says "Originally published XPCOM Plugin API is now deprecated, developers are welcome to use NPAPI," I'm thinking that's the reason.

Maybe not. I'm not into things, but judging from the name of the files (take a look here), perhaps this is not the problem. Perhaps the XPCOM note on the site is a remain of the original plugin design.

I wish someone experienced with plugin design could take a look at it... :(
poyntesm

Post by poyntesm »

Well been off for a week, but I now have the mozillabuild system and I will look to 100% determine the patch at fault from that day, but does look like XPCOM patch is to blame. Next will be to determine how easy to migrate tp NPAPI.
rseiler

Post by rseiler »

I hope one of you does figure out which is the case.

In the meantime, as a FWIW:

Coral IE Tab
v1.80.20100221
-----------------------------------
1. [NEW] Users can now select "Classical Mode" and "Advanced Mode". Coral IE Tab will behave like the old IE Tab if users select "Classical Mode".

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ions/10909
paddytb

Post by paddytb »

rseiler wrote:I hope one of you does figure out which is the case.

In the meantime, as a FWIW:

Coral IE Tab
v1.80.20100221
-----------------------------------
1. [NEW] Users can now select "Classical Mode" and "Advanced Mode". Coral IE Tab will behave like the old IE Tab if users select "Classical Mode".

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ions/10909

Has anyone tried this (not able to do it myself at the moment)?
Domdom

Post by Domdom »

Seems to be working so far with Sharepoint which is good for now ... not tested extensively
paddytb

Post by paddytb »

Ditto for me - working with Sharepoint and OWA in classic mode...
em28

Post by em28 »

Coral IE Tab is much better extension than the old IE Tab. =D>

I'm using it for a while, and it seem to be compatible with FF 3.5.*, 3.6 and 3.7Pre *.
there are no problem using it with IE6, IE7 and IE8.

It let you sync cookies between FF and IE, use ABP under IE, and use Google Chrom as an external application.
u can use it as the old IE TAB by checking classic mode.
mikan-yuki

Post by mikan-yuki »

em28 wrote:Coral IE Tab is much better extension than the old IE Tab. =D>

Unfortunately, I don't thik so...

Certainly, v1.80.20100221 is better working than v1.71.20100212 but, v1.80 having another problem. Of course, I understand v1.8 is unstable version.
Madeline

Post by Madeline »

I started using Coral IE Tab shortly after upgrading to Firefox 3.6. I don't need to use it often, but it always works fine for me when I do. I haven't noticed any instability in either of the versions I've used, but it's good to have the option to use Classic Mode if necessary or preferred with the latest version.
The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don't have to waste your time voting.
- Charles Bukowski
jelks

Post by jelks »

Wow, finally! This problem is solved with the new Coral IE Tab! Hallelujah!

When Firefox 3.6 was released, I tried Coral IE Tab. It wasn't very good. Fonts were some 25% larger than real IE.

But this new "experimental" release in "Classic Mode" is so far just like the old IE Tab.

I can move on now and stop worrying about this issue. Thanks @rseiler for pointing this out!
em28

Post by em28 »

jelks wrote: Fonts were some 25% larger than real IE.

sounds like IE setting.
rseiler

Post by rseiler »

I tried the last two builds of Coral (latest one being 20100224), and I must admit, I'm baffled. I tried the simplest thing possible on my Sharepoint site, and it didn't work. Here's how you can try it on a public site.

1) Go to http://www.dell.com
2) In Coral's Sites Filter, enter the following:
http://www.dell.com/home*
3) Click "For Home" at the top of the page. Note that the rendering correctly changes to IE.
4) Now click the Dell circle logo to go back to Dell's home page. It's still on IE. Anywhere you go on the site now (Business, wherever), it stays on IE.

So the bug is: Once the rendering changes to IE on a given site, it never changes back to FF until you leave the site and come back to it.