[Ext] IE Tab 1.5

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Domdom

Re: [Ext] IE Tab 1.5

Post by Domdom »

Why would you want IE engine for just a part of the site? is that your request?
I usually use IE for the whole site and it works I dont need to switch back to FF, same in Sharepoint actually: the whole Sharepoint is IE preferred so ...
or am I missing something?
rseiler

Post by rseiler »

It has to be a bug since it worked in IETab and it's disobeying the rule (until you revisit the site and go into an IE section again). It probably hasn't been spotted yet because it's less common, as you say.

In the case of Sharepoint, I really only need to use IE in the section with datasheet views, which require an ActiveX control. Apart from that, FF's vast speed improvement makes me want to use it. The rendering speed with a particular weekly calendar, which apparently is heavy on scripting, is practically an order of magnitude different between the two.
jelks

Post by jelks »

It wasn't an IE setting because

1) Old IE Tab worked fine (before the 3.6 update)
2) Regular IE stilled works like regular IE
3) Coral IE Tab now works like the old IE Tab

The only thing I've found that I don't like about the *new* Coral IE Tab is that you can't press F11 to go full screen when you are on an IE-rendered page.
hunsacer

Post by hunsacer »

IE Tab Not working in Firefox 3.6. Bummer. The company stuff requires IE for most everything. Remedy Portal ticketing system, Corporate Connect site. Feels weird having two browsers open.
Ichinisan

Post by Ichinisan »

Now using Coral IETab. Can't do the Alt+0233 numpad shortcut to produce the "é" character. I haven't tried any other special characters, but I'm sure they're all broken.

Is there any way to make Coral IETab compatible with the Alt+numpad special character shortcuts?
Domdom

Post by Domdom »

hunsacer wrote:IE Tab Not working in Firefox 3.6. Bummer. The company stuff requires IE for most everything. Remedy Portal ticketing system, Corporate Connect site. Feels weird having two browsers open.

Coral in "classic mode" is working fine here, try it. I hope it does for you too.
Use at least v1.8 and check latest stuff
http://coralietab.mozdev.org/installation.html
Liface

Post by Liface »

hunsacer wrote:IE Tab Not working in Firefox 3.6. Bummer. The company stuff requires IE for most everything. Remedy Portal ticketing system, Corporate Connect site. Feels weird having two browsers open.

Why don't you just keep 3.5?
Domdom

Post by Domdom »

SiRBiGC

Post by SiRBiGC »

Apparently it is listed as "Experimental"
Which sucks as I'd really like to be able to move to 3.6, but i can't go without IE Tab.
Bertk

Post by Bertk »

Thanks for the heads up. Just installed and tested IE Tab 2 and it works as expected. =D>
Regards,
Bert
Domdom

Post by Domdom »

I havent tested it, so far Coral has been ok, but now we have 2 :)
pepomo

Post by pepomo »

I´ve been using the IE Tab 1.5 tool for months, but now it´s not working because I updated my Firefox version...any idea where can I find a new version?

Thans from Spain.
Tony-E

Post by Tony-E »

pepomo wrote:I´ve been using the IE Tab 1.5 tool for months, but now it´s not working because I updated my Firefox version...any idea where can I find a new version?

Thans from Spain.

IE Tab does not work in Firefox 3.6, read the recent posts in this thread, it gives details of a couple of alternatives.
denis75

Post by denis75 »

I tried to use Coral IETab but encountered a lot of problems (can't close javascript windows, strange behaviors with focus and blur, ...) and I just migrate to IETab2 with FF 3.6 and it works perfectly well !
kkato71

Post by kkato71 »

I just tried to install IE Tab 2 and got an error message saying:

Firefox could not install the file at
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... &confirmed
because: Invalid file hash (possible download corruption)

Any suggestions?