I have been using IETab for about a year now and agree with the consensus that it's the best add-on for FireFox around. However, I have tracked down a major annoyance to IETab. It would be great if this problem could be fixed.
Here is an example of the problem:
1. I have "http://msdn.microsoft.com/*", "http://msdn2.microsoft.com/*", and "http://www.microsoft.com/*" listed in the Sites filter.
2. I start up FireFox. I have "http://www.google.com/firefox?client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official" as my home page.
3. I enter a new URL: "http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio".
4. I click the "Downloads" button on the left menu, which takes me to "http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/vstudio/aa718332.aspx".
5. Expand the "Back" drop-down menu and you'll see that only "Mozilla Firefox Start Page" shows up. Annoying, but this didn't affect me much.
6. To belabor the point, make a few other clicks within the msdn website. I clicked "VS2005 SP1 Update for Vista" under New Downloads, which took me to "http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=FB6BB56A-10B7-4C05-B81C-5863284503CF&displaylang=en".
7. Again, Expand the "Back" drop-down menu and you'll still see only "Mozilla Firefox Start Page".
8. Here's the kicker: Click the Back mouse button on my Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 6000, and I'll go all the way back to "Mozilla Firefox Start Page". *Very* annoying!
You can play around with clicking the Forward and Back buttons themselves (not just expanding their menus) and see some more goofiness. They work on the surface, but you can look at the Forward/Back history and see that things are right.
At first I thought this was a problem with my mouse, but after I found that the Back/Forward button menus are wrong, and that by switching any of these pages back to FireFox (with IETab) adds them correctly to the Back/Forward button menu, I concluded that the problem is with IETab.
A fix to this would be awesome because it is a serious problem when I've been browsing through one of Microsoft's developer's sites and with a single Back click I've lost all my history and I'm back at the google prompt. Incredibly frustrating.