[Ext] IE Tab 1.5

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Re: [Ext] IE Tab 1.5

Post by joeg »

jdavistdi wrote:Any help on this is appreciated.
There are various versions of an "IE Tab" plug in. The one I'm using is called "IE Tab 2 (FF 3.6+) 4.1.3.1". This is the one that xunxun's file "fixed" on my Win 7 x64 machine running the 64-bit version of FF (not WOW64 or whatever the 32-bit Nightly is called).
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
James

Post by James »

JoeG wrote:(not WOW64 or whatever the 32-bit Nightly is called).

WOW64 just shows it is a 32-bit application on 64-bit Windows.
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Post by joeg »

James wrote:WOW64 just shows it is a 32-bit application on 64-bit Windows.
Actually, I was the uninformed troll who wrote "(not WOW64 or whatever the 32-bit Nightly is called)", not jdavistdi.

With that off my chest, I'm not sure what the significance of the word "just" in James's helpful explanation is.

In any case, I definitely stand corrected, but not humbled. :wink:
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
cometoluc

Post by cometoluc »

Hello, I just started to use this wonderfull addon e week ago. But from the moment i installed it i'm getting regulary errors of a script, i'll put the error below. Does anyone have a idee what is wrong or how i can get writ of the error please. Even if i say to terminate the script, the error comes back after a while. Also when i say to stop the script it also comes back

I'm working on following operating system:

Windows 7 Professional 64bit, office 2010 ( 32 bit )
Browser Firefox v14.0.1

THE ERROR:
Een script op deze pagina is bezig, of het reageert niet meer. U kunt het script nu stoppen, of u kunt verdergaan om te zien of het script zal worden voltooid. ( loos translation: A script is busy on this page or does not respond anymore. U can stop the script or continue to see if it finishes. )

Script: file:///C:/Users/lucd/AppData/Roaming/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/d4adyk7a.default/extensions/%7B77b819fa-95ad-4f2c-ac7c-486b356188a9%7D/components/nsIeTabContentPolicyHandler.js:127
pal1000

Post by pal1000 »

I know this has been posted several times already, but I think a remember is necessary.
After updating Firefox you will get a missing plugin error. It happened for me when updated Firefox from 14.0.1 to 15.0 with Windows XP Service Pack 3. I fixed this by simply disabling IE Tab, restarted Firefox, enabled it again and restarted again. We are waiting for a real fix. I think this happens only for the revised original IE Tab (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/ie-tab/). I used IE Tab V2 (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... b-2-ff-36/) for a while and it behaved with clashes like a gamble game. I estimated a crash rate of about 17% of total sessions initiated with a peak rate of about 45% with Firefox 9.x. It's crash rate, now has decreased to around 5%, however it would definitely crash if IE would hang in the same circumstances.
I thought about trying IE Tab + or IE Tab Plus, but right then rumors about malware infection came up so I quit thinking.
IE Tab revised original is fastest and least crashy (0% crash rate so far), but is not perfect until that annoying missing plug-in error after Firefox update is fixed.
MPirosJR

Post by MPirosJR »

I installed IE Tab 2 on my windows 7 pc running Firefox 17.1 and although the addons shows the addon is installed it does not appear on the firefox bar anywhere. Is this usable under ff 17.1 or if not are any revisions planned in the near future.
Ngamer01

Post by Ngamer01 »

Right-click a toolbar and click "Customize". See if the IE Tab toolbar icon is in there and then drag it to where you want it in the main Firefox UI. IE Tab should still be working through Firefox 18 (which is in beta, soon to move to release).
James

Post by James »

Ngamer01 wrote:...IE Tab should still be working through Firefox 18 (which is in beta, soon to move to release).

Firefox 18.0 was released several hours ago today and is on mozilla.org
docfxit

Post by docfxit »

When I View Page in IE Tab while on any Firefox page the screen goes all black.

I'm using IE Tab 2.0.20120203 in Firefox 18.01 with IE 8

How can I fix it so it doesn't give me a black screen?

Thanks,

Docfxit
Ztruker

Post by Ztruker »

This is a Seamonkey forum. You would be better off posting in a Firefox Forum.
Rich
Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda
docfxit

Post by docfxit »

Thanks for the information. I thought I was posting in the tread for the author of the addon [Ext] IE Tab 1.5

I have re posted in the Firefox forum as you sugested.

Docfxit