[Ext] Opera Wand for Firefox - SecureLogin

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
GrailKnight

Post by GrailKnight »

madblueimp wrote:That's really strange. Actually, the visibility of the Statusbar Icon should have nothing to do with the functionality of the exceptions list page.

:|

Thanks for looking into it. Just another mystery of software.

Not a big issue but I felt it was reportable.

Back to my regular old Profile.
"There is nothing more deceptive than an obvious fact". - Sherlock Holmes
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

Yes, that's it, another software mystery. :D

I extended the Tools Menu (in Version 0.6.1) so you have direct access to the exceptions list from there.
DynaBMan

Post by DynaBMan »

Great work on this extension. It may not make me switch from Opera, but it is still a great extension.

Is there any way to set a mouse gesture, such as flip forward, to activate the login? That is how I use the wand in Opera.
LJ
My best friend is my wife!!
Political Realities
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

I'm not sure since I don't use mouse gestures (didn't even use them on Opera), but there are some mouse gestures extensions around and maybe one of them allows to assign a mouse gesture to a custom shortcut, which could be the Secure Login Shortcut (ALT+N):
https://addons.mozilla.org/search.php?q=mouse+gestures
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

Version 0.6.2 released (on 02.02.2007):

New features:
- The Secure Login keyboard shortcut (ALT+N) can now be changed using the Secure Login Settings page
- The help page has been extended
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

Version 0.6.3 released:

- Register- and Passwordchange- forms will no longer be counted as login forms
- The Help page has been extended
- The homepage link on the help page now opens in a new tab
- The extensions description has been localized (so far, only english and german)
- The path displayed for the sound files is now platform specific
DMCrimson

Post by DMCrimson »

@madblueimp: Could you please, add version info/changes on the homepage too?
KomarQ

Post by KomarQ »

DMCrimson wrote:@madblueimp: Could you please, add version info/changes on the homepage too?

+1 vote :)
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

Version 0.6.4 has been released (yesterday) and there is now a Changelog with version changes (0.1.2 until latest) on the project page.

Important:
- The Secure Login preferences branch has been moved from "secureLogin" to "extensions.secureLogin@blueimp.net"

The preference branch has been moved to prevent conflicts with other Firefox extensions or components,
which might happen in the future if the same name is used.
Your old preferences aren't lost but won't be loaded by the new Secure Login version.

To get them back, do the following:
- Shutdown firefox
- In your profile folder, open prefs.js
- Remove lines that contain the new preference string ("extensions.secureLogin@blueimp.net")
- Search for the string "secureLogin" and replace every occurrence with "extensions.secureLogin@blueimp.net"
- Restart firefox, you should now have your old preferences back

This is only needed if
a) You don't like unnessecary entries in your prefs.js file
b) You created a long list of exceptions (for the "JavaScript protection option")

Otherwise, the settings can be restored by a few mouselicks. :)

Translations:
Secure Login is now listed on babelzilla.org. So if you want to translate Secure Login in your native language, feel free to submit your translation there.

addons.mozilla.org:
Secure Login has been reviewed and accepted by the Mozilla Firefox Add-ons team and is also available at addons.mozilla.org. Unfortunately, the developers control panel there is currently locked because they are moving to a new site. So the version which you can download there is out of date.

But if you like Secure Login I would be happy if you give it a rating. :)

As soon as it is unlocked, I will submit the new version - so far, you can get the most up to date version from the Secure Login Firefox extension project page.
menet

Post by menet »

Hi Sebastian,

I have noted that a new version 0.7 (07.03.2007) is available on your Web site : 8-)
Bugfixes:
- "Remove all" button had not been enabeled if adding a website to an empty exceptions list

New features:
- Compatibility updates to make Secure Login work with Firefox version 3
(Firefox version 3 saves autofillForms setting in "signon.autofillForms" instead of "signon.prefillForms")

I have one request : Is it possible to add the view of the couples "user/PW" that will use Secure Login for a website when it does the sound ? That will be quickly visible using the tooltips on the toolbar or on the icon in statusbar. This function should only be available if no master password was defined !

Note that I have put a new version of the the French translation in BabelZilla :roll:

Best regards Menet ;)
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

Yes, I released a new version today.
It fixes a small bug ("Remove all" button had not been enabeled if adding a website to an empty exceptions list) and has been updated to make Secure Login compatible with Firefox version 3 (version 3.0a3pre tested).
I tested Firefox 3 lately and the new rendering engine is quite fast, so I just had to make the update. :)

The new version already includes your and Cashmans translations (there have been no new translation strings).
The about dialog of the Secure Login extension gives credits to the translators and therefore lists your (menet) and Cashmans names. :)

I'll post here part of my mail to you so others know what we're talking about:
About showing user/pass in tooltip (or somewhere else):
Unfortunately, it requires the master password to be entered,
before username or password can be displayed.
Would this not be the case, I would definitely show the username in the
tooltip. But users should not be required to enter their master password
only for the tooltip to display.

I will have a look into how to determine if no master password has been defined or if it has already been entered.
But anyways, I would stronly recommend to use one, as not using it will store passwords in plain text, as far as I know.
The only reason I can think of which makes use of a master password not that important is if your hard drive or partition is encrypted as a whole.

So far, you can see which user/pass combinations have been stored in the list of stored passwords, which is accessible quite fast through a Secure Login menu item.

Greetings,

Sebastian
menet

Post by menet »

madblueimp wrote:The new version already includes your and Cashmans translations (there have been no new translation strings).

I know that but with French people from BabelZilla, I was reviewing the French version after you have added Secure Login 0.6.3 version in BabelZilla.
I have made changes but they were lost because I have not warned you (changing 3 times the status) and you have uploaded the 0.6.4 version with the old translation data. So I have reentered the change and put the French translation to Released status today. I suppose that you have already received an email from BabelZilla.

madblueimp wrote:So far, you can see which user/pass combinations have been stored in the list of stored passwords, which is accessible quite fast through a Secure Login menu item.

I know that, my request was to be more quicker with not the confirmation request asked each time when ask to Firefox to see my passwords without using master password.

;)
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

Ah, ok.
I will include the new french version for the next Secure Login version. :)
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

Version 0.7.0.1 (08.03.2007):
-------------------------------

New features:
- Updated french locale - thanks to menet at babelzilla.org
- Added Chinese (Simplified) locale - thanks to fang5566 at babelzilla.org
Cratima

Post by Cratima »

Congratulations for a very good extension.

Password saving was one of the things that made me miss Opera. Not anymore. Thank you again.
Cratima Software and Cratima Interactive - Get your custom web site or software.