Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Good extension, but it lacks a few features I miss from Opera's Wand:
- Maybe you can make a Preference window with hotkeys for filling the datas, like CTRL+Enter, CTRL+ALT+Enter, SHIFT+Enter and so on...
- In the same Preference window, a checkbox like "Show icon in Status Bar"
- I would love your extension if it didn't make use of the native password manager. I don't save mine because anyone can click "Tools - Options - Security - Show Passwords..." and see (2 perfils is out of question); and I hate how the way Master Password is implemented.
The preferences window is definitely on my TODO-list.
For now, you can hide or rearrange the statusbar icon using the Organize Status Bar Extension.
Well, about using the built-in password manager, I think I will stick with it.
But I too have some proposals how it could be improved. For example saving more than the domain name to recognize password fields.
As matters security, my opinion is that as long as you don't trust someone you shouldn't let him/her on your PC. If you have to share it, securing your passwords with the built-in Master Password could be enough if you like it.
I have my /home partition encrypted (using Linux, see https://blueimp.net/linux/howto/encryption.txt) and lock the screen when I'm not on my PC while it is running. And this can already be called paranoid.
Well, if someone has access to your PC, even that wouldn't be enough. If he can change your System, he could manipulate system functions to read your unencrypted data while you're using it, perhaps even sending it over the net.
The only way to be perfectly sure would mean encrypting your whole system and making sure the hardware has not been manipulated. But I'm not paranoid enough for that effort.
This extension is simply awesome ! Thanks.
Just one issue to mention, when it comes to sites which have
a field (in this case a drop down) close to the "user-name" textfield.
Example : http://img466.imageshack.us/my.php?image=exampleyy8.png
Sorry about the example of a russian mail-provider in cyrillic (don't speak it myself)
but it should illustrate what I'd like to explain.
Though the 'right' entries have been saved in the password manager and
it works using it w/o securelogin, the extension marks the drop-down box
and tries to fill it instead of the textfield right to the left of it.
I'm currently working on the preferences.
The bug with form elements between user and password field is already fixed.
I will upload a new version including the fix soon, might be in the next couple of hours.
Version 0.2 has been released.
- Form elements not of type="text" between user and password field are now ignored in searching the login fields.
- Settings menu
- Context menu on status bar icon to open the settings
- Option to hide the status bar icon
I thought about implementing a keyboard shortcut setting and halfway implemented it but didn't finish for these reasons:
- ALT+N isn't used yet according to http://kb.mozillazine.org/Keyboard_shor ... s_(Firefox)
- ALT+N can be performed with one hand
- most people don't bother about changing the hotkey
- There exists a keyboard shortcut extension, which can configure SecureLogin's shortcut as well => http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=254
- The SecureLogin keyboard shorcut can be configured manually by changing the language files
Version 0.3 has been released.
- The updateStatus method had been called twice onStateChange - fixed
- Another sound can be played if logins have been found (but no event handlers)
Sound files are not included. The settings dialog allows to choose them from the local filesystem.
The audio files must be Wave-Audio (*.wav) and should be very short.
Only the event handlers associated with the login action are analyzed.
I am experiencing a loss of password autofill after upgrading to 126.96.36.199 rc1 from 188.8.131.52
signon.prefill is still set to true
downgrading back to 184.108.40.206 does not help
passwords are still in the list, just not autofilling
thanks for any ideas on what to try to fix this!
As long as you use the SecureLogin extension, the prefilling of login forms is deactivated. This is a feature, not a bug.
Did you read the description on https://blueimp.net/mozilla/ before install?
It is the whole purpose of SecureLogin NOT to fill passwords by default, as this is a security risk.
If you still want the autofill of passwords, deactivate or deinstall SecureLogin. This will reactivate the autofill if this was your previous setting.
But apart from being more secure, the login is more comfortable with my Extension as well (my opinion):
As long as Firefox doesn't implement DOM Level 3 there is no EventListenerList attribute to enumerate the registered listeners for a given object.
- Login forms using input type="image" do work now.
I thought about enabling Frames support for SecureLogin, but gave the idea up. This would mean to parse every single frame for forms, user+pass fields and according saved login data as Firefox doesn't save this information.
Most login pages don't need frames and those without can be considered more secure, too.
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests