[Ext] Opera Wand for Firefox - SecureLogin

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Lost User 116738

Post by Lost User 116738 »

I wish Delete Button like Opera one :)

NXqd
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

I guess you mean a deletion button on the user selection prompt.

This is definitely a "nice-to-have" feature, but currently there are some disadvantages keeping me from implementing it:
- To remove a login from the list of saved logins, there is the following method:
http://www.xulplanet.com/references/xpc ... removeUser
It needs the parameters "host" and "user", but there are logins which share this information and only differ in some other values
- The selection prompt is currently implemented using the Firefox "Prompt" service, which keeps the dialog code clean and simple

So far the saved passwords can easily be accessed and deleted using the Secure Login tools menu or the statusbar icon context menu.
The menu item "Saved passwords ..." just opens Firefox password management - this way, changes in the Firefox password management don't affect the functionality of Secure Login.
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

Just some notes:

Thanks to all who wrote a review for Secure Login on addons.mozilla.org.
I just realized today that you have to change the language setting to see all the reviews.
I had my setting to "Deutsch (German)" and therefore missed the English reviews until today.
Thanks for the good ratings! :)

The next upcoming version (0.7.2) will add a new option on the settings page:
"Automatically search for login data and highlight form fields"
If you disable this option, Secure Login won't search for login data and won't highlight form fields on page load.
This way, Secure Login will not use any system resources at all and only become active when logging in.
Secure Login has been implemented to be highly efficient:
e.g. "lazy initialization" of object instances, stepping out of search routines as soon as possible, keeping the code clean and simple.
But I still thought this option a "nice-to-have". ;)

The code changes for version 0.7.2 have already been done - currently I'm awaiting the locales to get finished.

If you miss your native language in Secure Login and want to get involved:
Head over to babelzilla.org and submit your translation for Secure Login.

Sebastian
ahurd

Post by ahurd »

SL seems to work with alt-N but I see no icon on my toolbar. What am I doing wrong. Thanks.
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

The toolbar icon is not placed automatically - you have to put it there manually.
How to add the Secure Login button to the toolbar is described in the Secure Login help:
=> Tools => Secure Login => Secure Login Help

How to add the Secure Login button to the toolbar?
1. Right-click on your toolbar.
2. Choose 'Customize...' from the context menu.
3. Drag and Drop the Secure Login button on your toolbar.
menet

Post by menet »

Hi,

I have a problem of connection with one of my webmail site ( http://webmail.noos.fr/ ).

If our email address is username@site.fr, it requests the username (saved by Firefox/SecureLogin), the site.fr to be selected with a combobox and the password (saved also by Firefox/SecureLogin).

Going on the web page of this webmail, SecureLogin detects well that it knows the username/PW but choosing the site.fr and calling SecureLogin does not permit the connection. :(

I'm not sure but I believe that I have the same type of problem on forum sites when they request the user/PW and a checkbox can be used to said something like : "remember always my user".

Can you investigate ?

Best regards ;)
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

Secure Login relies on Firefox password manager for saving login form data.
As only user+pass are accessible from Firefox password manager, Secure Login doesn't know about checkboxes, selections or other additional form data.

I checked the website you provided - http://webmail.noos.fr/:
webmail.noos.fr uses JavaScript to concatenate user + domain. So you cannot use the JavaScript protection option on this site and have to add it to the exceptions list if you use the option for other websites.
But apart from that, logging in with Secure Login should pose no problems - like you said, you only have to select the domain prior to using Secure Login.

Normally, I would have to add that I cannot check it thoroughly as I don't possess an account for every service.
Therefore I just use random test user names which don't lead to a successful login, but show me if the login data has been submitted successfully - thanks to tamper data.

This time, my testuser even logged me in! So I can guarantee that webmail.noos.fr works with Secure Login. ;)

Judging from the users number of unread messages, this account isn't used any more - but nonetheless, one should use a better password than "test". ;)
menet

Post by menet »

Thanks madblueimp,

for your test and reply.

If I had made a test before on an empty profile with only SecureLogin installed, I will have known that that functioned well :oops:

Do you have any idea of what other extension or Firefox function can prevent SecureLogin to work well in case of check box or combobox like for the empty profile test ? :idea:

For check example that is not OK, an easy one is to use the Log out button here at right on http://forums.mozillazine.org/ and use the key from SecureLogin to do the connexion in the next page. In my standard profile, it doesn't work. ](*,)

Do you see a tool or a way, that I can use to discover where can be the problem ? :?:

Regards. Menet. ;)
menet

Post by menet »

I have found the extension that gives the problem : Mouse Gestures 1.5.2 :evil:

Deactivating it and then SecureLogin works well like in the past... :banana:

I will make more tries... :roll:

EDIT : Deleting only the DG mouse move from Mouse Gestures for SecureLogin ( try{secureLogin.login();}catch(e){} ) does not permit to work !?

EDIT2 : I have made others tests on a fresh profile with only SecureLogin and Mouse Gestures using the Log out/Login of this site. It works but after adding the customization for SL in MG, the problems begins... The problem occurs not each time but it occurs often if I use the mouse gesture "RL" to use SecureLogin...

Can you investigate ?

Regards ;)
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

menet wrote:Do you have any idea of what other extension or Firefox function can prevent SecureLogin to work well in case of check box or combobox like for the empty profile test ?

Well, so far any extension I installed did work together with Secure Login - I can give you a whitelist of extensions which don't pose any problems:
https://blueimp.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=334#8031
Secure Login also works together with "Mouse Gestures 1.5.2", at least on my system.
I do use the Mouse Gesture for Secure Login - Maybe this is an Operating System issue (Xubuntu Linux here) :?:

menet wrote:For check example that is not OK, an easy one is to use the Log out button here at right on http://forums.mozillazine.org/ and use the key from SecureLogin to do the connexion in the next page. In my standard profile, it doesn't work.

forums.mozillazine.org also works here without problems with Secure Login in all of my profiles...

menet wrote:Do you see a tool or a way, that I can use to discover where can be the problem ?

For extension development, I use the following settings in [PROFILE]/user.js which makes debugging easier:

Code: Select all

// Log errors in chrome file to the Javascript Console
user_pref( "javascript.options.showInConsole", true);
// Disable XUL cache, so chrome changes do not require a restart
user_pref( "nglayout.debug.disable_xul_cache", true);
// dump() function outputs to console if application started with -console flag
user_pref( "browser.dom.window.dump.enabled", true);
// Enable strict javascript warnings, to produce clean extensions
user_pref( "javascript.options.strict", true);

The extension Console² gives you an extended JavaScript console.
menet

Post by menet »

Hi,

I had already installed Console² extension but it shows no error.
Does adding your coding in user.js file will give more information than Console² ?

Note that I have reproduced the problem on 2 PCs under Windows XP +sp2 (one is a Professional MS version) with Firefox 2.0.0.3.
1) I have just to create a new empty profile
2) install SecureLogin and go on http://forums.mozillazine.org/ and use the Login link at righ, once connected (and password saved by Firefox), do a Log out, and then Login; it works. :P
3) install MouseGesture and click on the link that you have give HERE on page 6 to install the mouse gesture RL for SecureLogin.
4) Do a Log out with the link at right and on next page, try to do a RL mouse gesture. It loops on the connection page like a bad user/PW was gived.

Can you try it on a PC under windows ?

Regards ;)
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

menet wrote:Does adding your coding in user.js file will give more information than Console² ?

Yes - Console² is just a better JavaScript console - the user.js settings enable a more detailed error output.

menet wrote:Can you try it on a PC under windows ?

I just tested it on Windows XP SP2 (using a virtual machine):
I can confirm logging in to this forum with Firefox 2.0.0.3 (fresh user profile) and Secure Login 0.7.1 + Mouse Gestures 1.5.2 works without problems.

:|
menet

Post by menet »

Hi,

I have made new tests today with a user.js file and Console² but the result is the same : no errors and warnings. :(

In the point 4) I had said that "It loops on the connection page like a bad user/PW was gived." But it is not true, it is like SecureLogin fills the forms and then it looks like a refresh was made on the page (http://forums.mozillazine.org/login.php) ! :-k

Can somebody can confirm that using SecureLogin, its MouseGesture with Firefox 2.0.0.3 encounters a problem or not to login in this forum after using the Log out link at right and then a Login using the Mouse Gesture ? :?:

Regards ;)
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

Perhaps you have have registered another mouse gesture similar to the one registered for Secure Login (RL) :?:
menet

Post by menet »

madblueimp wrote:Perhaps you have have registered another mouse gesture similar to the one registered for Secure Login (RL) :?:

No, I have already thought that. MouseGesture was installed on an empty profile without doing another customization than adding SecureLogin (RL). 8-[