[Ext] Download Manager Tweak extension

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Kenn

Post by Kenn »

Got a problem w/ this extension. It may be cockpit error, but I had it installed and went to mozdev.org to get another extension (minimizetotray) & msvcr71.dll. I tried to d/l the msvcr71.dll four times w/ the tweak installed, each time I tried, the status window would not appear but a pop-up in the lower R/H of the screen would appear for a second saying the d/l had been completed. I checked where the file was located(desktop) and the file was listed correctly but the content of the folder was zero bytes?. I disabled the tweak and use the regular d/l manager to do it again. This time it was successful.?????

Kenn

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20040913 Firefox/0.10.1.
andman42

Post by andman42 »

Kenn wrote:Got a problem w/ this extension. It may be cockpit error, but I had it installed and went to mozdev.org to get another extension (minimizetotray) & msvcr71.dll. I tried to d/l the msvcr71.dll four times w/ the tweak installed, each time I tried, the status window would not appear but a pop-up in the lower R/H of the screen would appear for a second saying the d/l had been completed. I checked where the file was located(desktop) and the file was listed correctly but the content of the folder was zero bytes?. I disabled the tweak and use the regular d/l manager to do it again. This time it was successful.?????

I'm not sure what to say. I just downloaded the msvcr71.dll successfully with the extension installed and it downloaded just fine for me.
andman42

Post by andman42 »

UPDATE: New version 0.6.0 released

Version 0.6.0 of the Download Manager Tweak has been released to coincide with the release of Firefox 1.0PR.
It is compatible with 0.9.x and 1.0PR.

You can download extension's here: http://dmextension.mozdev.org/
(You may need to add mozdev.org to your trusted install sites.)

The new additions include several enhancements to the download tab:
* Download tab now shows the percentage of current downloads complete
* Additional information is about the downloads is displayed including the date, size, source, and destination.

Screenshots are available here: http://dmextension.mozdev.org/screenshots.html

Note: It will take a little while for the .xpi file to propagate to all the mirrors, so if the install link doesn't work, wait a few hours and try again.

Thanks.
Xak

Post by Xak »

andman42 wrote:UPDATE: New version 0.6.0 released

Version 0.6.0 of the Download Manager Tweak has been released to coincide with the release of Firefox 1.0PR.
It is compatible with 0.9.x and 1.0PR.

Still lacking much info in the sidebar view... (see my previous post)
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

I went to Tools:Extensions and attempted to update my 0.5.2 version, but it said no newer version are available.
andman42

Post by andman42 »

sasquatch wrote:I went to Tools:Extensions and attempted to update my 0.5.2 version, but it said no newer version are available.

Try again. Should work now.
sasquatch

Post by sasquatch »

Already uninstalled and then installed the new one. Thanks though.
disillusioned

Containing folder button per download...

Post by disillusioned »

I absolutely love the new downloads manager from you.

I'd like to see the launch and open containing folder buttons on each download itself though, like the link was in the original manager... (They didn't have an Open Containing Folder link, of course, so you had to right click)

I'm just a fan of the simplest access possible, but I'm also incredibly lazy.

Some other ideas, not all of them necessarily feasible or useful, but I'm throwing them out there:

Show the date and time the download occured.
Show the referrer URL for the download, if there was one.
Allow sorting by name, by size, and by download date.
Show size.

Still love it, but just some suggestions. Thanks!
--Disillusioned
Originality is Overrated
TwisterMc

Post by TwisterMc »

Is there an update coming for the Firefox Preview Release? Your extension won't work. :(
Xak

Post by Xak »

Great extension... has most of the needed features.

...except in sidebar view! I've been wanting the download manager in the sidebar since I installed an early version of Firefox (.5 I think, not called Firefox), and now it's possible but does not show all the information!

All the features are there in the windowed mode, why not in the sidebar view as well?

Cheers,
-Zach

[edit]
P.S. The extension works fine in Firefox 1.0PR.
[/edit]
TwisterMc

Post by TwisterMc »

Not on a Mac. :(
TwisterMc

Post by TwisterMc »

Someone nicely sent me to a link to the re-packaged version or something and it worked!! Hurray! Great work to whoever created this!
BlueOrb

Post by BlueOrb »

just an aesthetic problem, great extension, just noticed this....... when all the buttons are grayed out (nothing selected) the open folder icon is still yellow... nothing big good job!
Kenn

DMT 0.6.x

Post by Kenn »

Sorry to be a pain in the rearend, but I wrote before about a similar problem I am having again. I had the DMT 0.6.3 installed and tried to download the new JRE 5.0 java plug-in from the Sun web site. Everything went fine until I pressed the download entry line. Not two seconds later I would get the little window in the L/R corner saying the download had been completed. The DMT never came up Showing the status except done. I knew this could not be possible since the d/l was 7MB file. I did check where I had d/l the file(desktop), the icon for the file was there but it had zero bytes contained. I tried at least five times with the same result. Finally, I uninstalled the Tweak and went back to the basic Download manager and tried again. This time it worked exactly like the d/l is supposed to. Any ideas or suggestions about about:config that could be interferring with this ? or anywhere else.

:?:

Kenn

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; rv:1.7.3) Gecko/20040913 Firefox/0.10.1
Onward Thru the fog.....
straffin

Any idea when DMT will be "1.0 Final" compatable?

Post by straffin »

Anxiously awaiting DMT for 1.0 Final...