[Ext] Download Manager Tweak extension

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
sboulema

Post by sboulema »

yep same here page is unreachable, will try it tommorow
andman42

Post by andman42 »

Yeah, I can't get their either :(

I guess I've been using too much bandwidth. I'll try to make a mirror and post the link.

Anyone know any good free hosting?
sboulema

Post by sboulema »

if you mail the extension to me at sboulema [at] wanadoo [dot] nl then i will put it up on the extensions mirror ;)
Last edited by sboulema on March 23rd, 2004, 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
frease

Post by frease »

sboulema:

Is your extensions site down? I can't access it.
sboulema

Post by sboulema »

hmm i can still reach it and 3 other guests also...

andman42: i edited the email address i posted i wrote com but it is nl (must be sleepy)
frease

Post by frease »

I click on the link in your sig:
http://www.extensionsmirror.tk/

And I was directed to an untitled page. Is there an alternative address for it? Thanks.
sboulema

Post by sboulema »

still works for me although a bit slow.
the tk adress is only a pretty url for the real one: http://members.lycos.nl/mozillafirefox/forums/index.php
sboulema

Post by sboulema »

Updated the extension on my mirror.
You can view it here: Download Manager Tweak 0.4
Or download it directly from here: Download Manager Tweak 0.4
sboulema

Post by sboulema »

I have a few nitpicks with the latest version:

- I love the download manager tab, but a nitpick, it would be nice if the tab could have a favicon (im thinking of the same icon as on the toolbar) so its easy to find it between multiple open tabs.

- The options button goes to the normal download options of firefox, i think its better to let the extension open its own settings window...

- In the firefox download options window the two checkboxes for :open the download manager"and "close thye download manager" are greyed out only a fter a short time. so first they are normal and then after a sec (less then a sec), they are greyed out, because they now are handled by the new options dialog. I guess its better if the two checkboxes are greyed out instantly.

This extension makes the firefox Download Manager so much better :D
And the mirror is incredibly slow today :( hope it will be better tommorow, if anyone else wants the extension, and cant wait drop me a line and i will send it ;)
frease

Post by frease »

sboulema wrote:still works for me although a bit slow.
the tk adress is only a pretty url for the real one: http://members.lycos.nl/mozillafirefox/forums/index.php

Thanks for the link :)
andman42

Post by andman42 »

sboulema wrote:I love the download manager tab, but a nitpick, it would be nice if the tab could have a favicon (im thinking of the same icon as on the toolbar) so its easy to find it between multiple open tabs.

Great idea. I will update it and release a modified version very soon.

sboulema wrote:In the firefox download options window the two checkboxes for :open the download manager"and "close thye download manager" are greyed out only a fter a short time. so first they are normal and then after a sec (less then a sec), they are greyed out, because they now are handled by the new options dialog. I guess its better if the two checkboxes are greyed out instantly.

Yeah, I knew about this but forgot. I just fixed the problem so its not an issue.

I'll probably release a 0.4.1 version with those two fixes included, hopefully by tomorrow.
andman42

Post by andman42 »

<br>
<a href="http://fire.prohosting.com/andman42/downloadmgr.html">Download Manager Extension 0.4.1</a>

I just posted a slightly new version with the fixes mentioned above. Incidentally, it seems the site is working again, so you should be able to download it.<br><br>
f4lc0n

Post by f4lc0n »

Is it possible to have the title of the tab update with the progress of downloads, similar to how the window title is updated with progress info.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.7.6) Gecko/20050226 Firefox/1.0.1 (stipe)
GCG

Download Manager Extension 0.4.1

Post by GCG »

andman42 wrote:<br>
<a href="http://fire.prohosting.com/andman42/downloadmgr.html">Download Manager Extension 0.4.1</a>

I just posted a slightly new version with the fixes mentioned above. Incidentally, it seems the site is working again, so you should be able to download it.<br><br>

Sorry to report but your site only shows the following available for download: " Version 0.3 -- Feb. 23, 2004
downloadmgr_03.xpi "
andman42

Re: Download Manager Extension 0.4.1

Post by andman42 »

f4lc0n wrote:Is it possible to have the title of the tab update with the progress of downloads, similar to how the window title is updated with progress info.

It is possible, I just haven't implemented it yet. Its a feature that I would like to add in a future version.

GCG wrote:Sorry to report but your site only shows the following available for download: " Version 0.3 -- Feb. 23, 2004
downloadmgr_03.xpi "

The site is working fine for me, maybe you're seeing a cached version. Try reloading the page.