[Ext] Add Bookmark Here ²

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
yuoo2k

Re: [Ext] Add Bookmark Here ²

Post by yuoo2k »

mdempers wrote:Further to my previous comment, the second issue I've also noticed the "Folder Picker" does not always apear.
Thank you.

Reproduce Steps?
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

george27 wrote:Thanks for the great work you have been doing with this extension. :D I just noticed that if you use "Bookmarks Menu Button " http://www.sephiroth-j.de/1/mozilla/ when the Bookmarks Menu Button icon is left clicked in the dropdown menu that appears the "Open All in Tabs" remains on the bottom when in Add Bookmark Here ² the "Choose [Open All in Tabs] position:" is set to "Top". TIA

Hello, please ask the author of "Bookmarks Menu Button" to see if he/she can support this.
Because I can't attach my code for each bookmark related extension's customized UI button/menu.
akahige

Post by akahige »

Hello yuoo2k! Thanks for keeping such a great extension alive!

I'm running v.3.0.20081031 (from AMO) + Ubuntu Intrepid + FF 3.0.4 and it seems to have lost the ability to remember the last folder I added a bookmark to.

I was going to try one of the later beta you referenced on the previous page, to see if that might fix the issue, but they seem to have been taken down. Have you seen this before?
mdempers

Post by mdempers »

yuoo2k wrote:
mdempers wrote:Further to my previous comment, the second issue I've also noticed the "Folder Picker" does not always apear.
Thank you.

Reproduce Steps?

yuoo2k,

I apologise for the delay in responding, I've been real busy.
With regards to my comment above, my mistake, it's working the way it should be. I was switching between PCs and hence I thought there was an issue.

Thank you for adding this "Folder picker" option it works great and definitely is a solution to the problem I had with creating new folders with "Add Bookmark here".

I reiterate the comments from "akahige, Thanks for keeping such a great extension alive!"
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

akahige wrote:Hello yuoo2k! Thanks for keeping such a great extension alive!

I'm running v.3.0.20081031 (from AMO) + Ubuntu Intrepid + FF 3.0.4 and it seems to have lost the ability to remember the last folder I added a bookmark to.

I was going to try one of the later beta you referenced on the previous page, to see if that might fix the issue, but they seem to have been taken down. Have you seen this before?

Hello, could you try to create a new profile with only ABHere2 installed, and help to find the reproduce steps. Thank you.
matt2971

Post by matt2971 »

The version released today is not working for me. Clicking Add Bookmark Here just brings up the standard Firefox Add Bookmark dialogue....
Bacchus66

Post by Bacchus66 »

Hey,

Is there any way you can extend this add-on so that the "Add Bookmark Here" menu item would be added to the right-click/pop-up menus in the Bookmarks sidebar? I like AB2 well enough, but I tend to navigate via the sidebar, a habit I picked up in Opera. I miss being able to add a bookmark directly in the sidebar. Usually the folder I want to add the bookmark to is already open on the sidebar, or at any rate is more easily navigated to then having to go to the main menu and browse to the right folder.

Hopefully this isn't too different from adding it to the right-click/pop-up menu on the main Bookmarks menu, since it does already appear there in addition to being on the menu itself in every folder.

Thanks,
Peter S
hnorr

V.3.0.20081205 no go on Mac

Post by hnorr »

Sorry to report that ABH2 V.3.0.20081205 breaks again under Mac OS X 10.5.5 with FF 3.0 - nothing happens when I select it from a folder submenu off the Bookmarks menu.

I've gone back to v. 3.0.20081005, which fixed the previous problems on Mac and still works for me.

Thanks.

Henry
hnorr

Post by hnorr »

Following up on my post of a few minutes ago: ABH2 Version 3.0.20081205 also doesn't work with Firefox 3.1b2 under Mac OS 10.5.5. The problem seems to be with FF itself, not with some other extension: with both FF 3.0 and 3.1b2, I created a test profile with no add-ons except ABH2, and it still didn't work.

Thanks for working on this - for me it's invaluable!

Henry
Torley

Post by Torley »

Friendly greetings! I appear to be having a similar/the same problem as Henry. Add Bookmark Here^2 3.1.20081205 does nothing under Firefox 3.0.4 on my Mac.
Ohce

Problem saving bookmarks with ABH2 Version 3.0.20081205

Post by Ohce »

Hello,

I've been having problems saving bookmarks with ABH2 Version 3.0.20081205 on FireFox 3.0.4/3.0.5. I just upgraded to FF 3.0.5 but was having problems on 3.0.4 also. The problem is that I cannot save bookmarks either by selecting Bookmark This Page or via cmd-D. Each time I would try I would consistently get the following error in the Error Console:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE) [nsINavBookmarksService.getFolderIdForItem]" nsresult: "0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE)" location: "JS frame :: file:///Applications/Internet/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/modules/utils.js :: PU_getMostRecentBookmarkForURI :: line 893" data: no]

I tried starting up in safe mode, disabling all add-ons, resetting toolbars and controls and resetting bookmarks to FF defaults; continued in safe mode but still had the problem.

From information found on these pages:

<http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&p=5201115>

<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Locked_or_damaged_places.sqlite#Firefox_process_locks_sqlite_files>

I deleted the following files from my FF profile folder and restarted:

places.sqlite
places.sqlite-journal

I was then able to save bookmarks. With all add-ons disabled, I began to re-enable them one-by-one. Add Bookmark Here was the second one I re-enabled and when I did I began to have the same problem of not being able to save bookmarks again. I disabled ABH, restarted but still had the same problem. Only when I once again deleted places.sqlite and places.sqlite-journal and restarted was I able to save bookmarks again. I have re-enabled all my other add-ons while continuing to have ABH disabled and have not had any more problems.

Could ABH be corrupting one or both of these files?
Regards,

Ohce

OS X 10.5.6
Mac Mini 1.83 GHz Intel Core Duo
yuoo2k

Re: Problem saving bookmarks with ABH2 Version 3.0.20081205

Post by yuoo2k »

Ohce wrote:Hello,

I've been having problems saving bookmarks with ABH2 Version 3.0.20081205 on FireFox 3.0.4/3.0.5. I just upgraded to FF 3.0.5 but was having problems on 3.0.4 also. The problem is that I cannot save bookmarks either by selecting Bookmark This Page or via cmd-D. Each time I would try I would consistently get the following error in the Error Console:

Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Component returned failure code: 0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE) [nsINavBookmarksService.getFolderIdForItem]" nsresult: "0x80070057 (NS_ERROR_ILLEGAL_VALUE)" location: "JS frame :: file:///Applications/Internet/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/modules/utils.js :: PU_getMostRecentBookmarkForURI :: line 893" data: no]

I tried starting up in safe mode, disabling all add-ons, resetting toolbars and controls and resetting bookmarks to FF defaults; continued in safe mode but still had the problem.

From information found on these pages:

<http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=9&p=5201115>

<http://kb.mozillazine.org/Locked_or_damaged_places.sqlite#Firefox_process_locks_sqlite_files>

I deleted the following files from my FF profile folder and restarted:

places.sqlite
places.sqlite-journal

I was then able to save bookmarks. With all add-ons disabled, I began to re-enable them one-by-one. Add Bookmark Here was the second one I re-enabled and when I did I began to have the same problem of not being able to save bookmarks again. I disabled ABH, restarted but still had the same problem. Only when I once again deleted places.sqlite and places.sqlite-journal and restarted was I able to save bookmarks again. I have re-enabled all my other add-ons while continuing to have ABH disabled and have not had any more problems.

Could ABH be corrupting one or both of these files?

Hello, thank you report this problem.

According to your description, it seems ABH2 has some serious problem in Mac OS X that will cause damage to the Firefox3 Places bookmark system.
I'm very sorry for that, but I've no idea at this moment, and no resource to reproduce and find out how to solve this serious problem in Mac OS X platform.
Thus, I've marked the ABH2-3.1.20081205's platform compatibility to allow only the Windows users install the v3.1.20081205 from AMO.

Per hnorr's comment, it seems 3.0.20081005 is works fine on Mac OS X.
Thus, If you are a Mac OS X user, please use the previous version instead of v3.1.20081205 at this moment. Thanks!
amitc

Post by amitc »

The Open in All Tabs works, just ensure, it is enabled in preferences.

My problem on FF 3.0.5 is that it forgets last bookmarked location reseting to top of bookmarks which is an important feature for me.
cwsulliv

Post by cwsulliv »

Just adding my 2 cents:
What in heck is ABH doing as an addon!

In my view this is such a basic function it should be a Firefox built-in.

(This rant is due to just having upgraded to Firefox 3 from Firefox 2 and finding no ABH except an experimental version with the warning it might wreck my system - phooey!)
AlexeyZ

Post by AlexeyZ »

Hi!
My suggestion:
In bookmark dialog ("Edit This Bookmark") there are tags field
When we expand it then we see there tags - one tag per line
But i think that a common case - people use a short words for tags
So there many a free place from right side
My suggestion: can you group a tags in columns there ? Firefox doesn't do it. But you wrote nice extension for an improving the bookmarks of Firefox. My suggestion - a sorting method is alphabetical but a first columns from top to bottom by alphabetical then a second columns with continued ordered parts and so on.

Thanks
Alexey