[Ext] Add Bookmark Here ²

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
kAlvaro

Re: [Ext] Add Bookmark Here ²

Post by kAlvaro »

The Open All in Tabs functionality works randomly when I install Add Bookmark Here ². More specifically, the problem is that the corresponding menu entry in the bottom of bookmark menus is often gone. Some bookmark menus have the menu entry, some don't. The entry tends to disappear randomly in some menus and I don't get it back until I restart Firefox. Some specific menu items never have the entry.

I'm running the es-ES edition of Firefox 3.0.3 under Windows XP Professional. I'm using the latest version of the extension, 3.0.20081005, but I've actually noticed this for several months.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

kAlvaro wrote:The Open All in Tabs functionality works randomly when I install Add Bookmark Here ². More specifically, the problem is that the corresponding menu entry in the bottom of bookmark menus is often gone. Some bookmark menus have the menu entry, some don't. The entry tends to disappear randomly in some menus and I don't get it back until I restart Firefox. Some specific menu items never have the entry.

I'm running the es-ES edition of Firefox 3.0.3 under Windows XP Professional. I'm using the latest version of the extension, 3.0.20081005, but I've actually noticed this for several months.

Hello, I need the reproduce steps, could you help to create a new profile and find out the reproduce steps, thank you.
kAlvaro

Post by kAlvaro »

yuoo2k wrote:Hello, I need the reproduce steps, could you help to create a new profile and find out the reproduce steps, thank you.

I made a backup of my profile, removed the whole directory and started Firefox. When prompted to import settings I selected "None" and then I installed "Add Bookmark Here ²" from the extension manager. Sadly, I couldn't reproduce the issue. Instead, I hit a different bug! This is what I did:

1. Right click on bookmarks toolbar (on the empty space to the right) and add new folder: "Local"
2. Same step, now: "Internet"

I have two tabs open, the default tabs after Firefox starts for the first time (Welcome to Firefox and Google). When I click the "Add Bookmark Here" of "Local" or "Internet" the selected folder in the add bookmark dialog is always the one where I added the last bookmark, and bookmark goes to whatever folder is selected (no matter which menu I hit in the first place). Furthermore, I've tried to add both tabs to both folders and I cannot: when I add it to "Local" it moves away from "Internet" and viceversa. It seems I can't have the same bookmark in two different folders, even if I rename it :-?
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

kAlvaro wrote:I made a backup of my profile, removed the whole directory and started Firefox. When prompted to import settings I selected "None" and then I installed "Add Bookmark Here 2" from the extension manager. Sadly, I couldn't reproduce the issue.

You can't reproduce the issue in a new profile, so, I think there is an extension conflicts with ABH2 in your original profile. You can try to disable other extensions one by one to find out which one conflicts with ABH2.

kAlvaro wrote:Instead, I hit a different bug! This is what I did:

1. Right click on bookmarks toolbar (on the empty space to the right) and add new folder: "Local"
2. Same step, now: "Internet"

I have two tabs open, the default tabs after Firefox starts for the first time (Welcome to Firefox and Google). When I click the "Add Bookmark Here" of "Local" or "Internet" the selected folder in the add bookmark dialog is always the one where I added the last bookmark, and bookmark goes to whatever folder is selected (no matter which menu I hit in the first place).

First, when you add a new bookmark (the page is not bookmarked yet) by clicking "Add Bookmark Here...", by ABH2's design, you shouldn't see the "select folder" field in bookmark dialog. So, I don't understand why you said: When I click the "Add Bookmark Here" of "Local" or "Internet" the selected folder in the add bookmark dialog...

Second, if the page has already bookmarked before, when you clicking the "Add Bookmark Here...", it will bring up the bookmark dialog with the "select folder" field, and the "select folder" will automatically switch to that bookmark's folder to tell you: "Hey! You have already bookmarked this page in HERE". This behavior is same with clicking the star button, it will tell you where is the bookmarked page placed.

kAlvaro wrote:Furthermore, I've tried to add both tabs to both folders and I cannot: when I add it to "Local" it moves away from "Internet" and viceversa. It seems I can't have the same bookmark in two different folders, even if I rename it :-?

This is the new behavior designed by Firefox 3's Place system to prevent you to add a duplicated bookmark. It's not ABH2's bug.
ak47wong

Post by ak47wong »

Hi, I'm wondering why the option "Allow to drag the Bookmarks Folder" was removed from the Options dialog when it was redesigned for 3.0.20080810? I have most of my bookmarks organised in folders in the Bookmarks Toolbar and found it very annoying that clicking and dragging on a folder would cause the folder to be dragged. I was glad that the "Allow to drag the Bookmarks Folder" option was provided so that I could disable this behaviour, however it has been removed from recent versions. Thankfully, I can still get the functionality by setting the abhere2.folderDrag preference to false, but it seems a bit strange that it was removed from the Options dialog.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

ak47wong wrote:Hi, I'm wondering why the option "Allow to drag the Bookmarks Folder" was removed from the Options dialog when it was redesigned for 3.0.20080810? I have most of my bookmarks organised in folders in the Bookmarks Toolbar and found it very annoying that clicking and dragging on a folder would cause the folder to be dragged. I was glad that the "Allow to drag the Bookmarks Folder" option was provided so that I could disable this behaviour, however it has been removed from recent versions. Thankfully, I can still get the functionality by setting the abhere2.folderDrag preference to false, but it seems a bit strange that it was removed from the Options dialog.

Yes, I didn't expect that someone wanna turn it off. So, I remove it from the options dialog to reduce the dialog size. As you said, it's still functional by setting the abhere2.folderDrag preference.
mdempers

Post by mdempers »

yuoo2k wrote:
mdempers wrote:Have you ever considered adding this option. When you select the "add this bookmark here" option, it then brings up the "Edit This Bookmark" dialog box. My suggestion is to have an option on the "Edit This Bookmark" dialog box which allows you to create a new sub folder and effectively give you the option of creating the new bookmark in this sub folder you have just created.

Hello, would you please try to right-click on the "Add Bookmark Here", it will show the "Bookmark All Tabs" dialog for giving the ability to create a new folder with all current pages in it.
Does it fit your requirement?

yuoo2k, Thanks for your responce. To answer your question, not really. The reason I say this is I'm trying to find a way with "Add Bookmark Here" where I can save a single page (current page) into a new folder without have to first create the folder and then use "Add Bookmark Here". What you have suggest works but the problem is it saves all all currently open tabs. I suppose as an alternative suggestion, if you right-click on the "Add Bookmark Here" and it gave you the option of "save all tabs" or "current" that may be a solution but altimately it would be great if you could consider my very first suggestion when I started this post. yuoo2k once again you have a fantastic add on for Firefox here and I really appreaciate the effort you have put into this and the continued support you providing. Thank you.
diegodd

Bug in [Ext] Add Bookmark Here ² with tag list

Post by diegodd »

Hi.

i'd like to report a bug, if i have the option "expand the tag list", for the bookmark star dialog, it does open the list of the tags for new bookmarks, but it has checked the tags from the previous bookmark I tagged.

http://i35.tinypic.com/6prkb6.jpg

for example, if i tag tab 1, with tags A, C, D, and then i tag another tab, in the tag list, the tags i choosed for the previous tab 1 (A,C,D) are marked with the little check mark, and in the Tag input area, it shows nothing (which is ok, because is a new bookmark).

This causes that i have to close and reopen the tag list with the little button to "clean" the incorrectly checked tags. Even if i want some of those already checked tags, as they don't appear on the tag input area, i would have to uncheck and then recheck them to have them correctly associated.

Also, if is the first bookmark for a particular firefox session, as no tags have been entered before (in that session), the tag list appears completely empty! no text, no tags, no checkmarks, just plain empty white, and again, if i close and reopen the tag list with the little button, it shows the correct tags.

i dont know how the extension works, but maybe it somehow remembers the tags from previous bookmarks, and shows them immediately when opening the tag list for new bookmarks, instead of just showing the correct already associated ones, so we can make changes (and add or remove tags).

Of course, if i don't have the option selected ("expand the tag list"), there is no problem at all, because i need to open the tag list each time, and when doing so, it shows the correct tags checked.

Oh, by the way, i use firefox 3.0.3, and Add Bookmark Here 2 version: abhere2-3.0.20081005_758.xpi

I have had this problem since i discovered the "expand the tag list" option, i don't remember in which version it was added.

Thanks.
diegodd

Post by diegodd »

i forgot to tell that it also doesn't show the correct tags if i am editing an alredy bookmarked (and taged) page. It just shows whatever tags chosen from the LAST time i tagged something, without respecting the alreday set ones. And again, if i close and reopen the tag list, it clears everithing and shows the correct tags, but i'd have to do it each time i want to tag something, which renders practically useless the "expand tag list" option. There is no point in having it opened(expanded) if i have to close and reopen it each time!!
yuoo2k

Re: Bug in [Ext] Add Bookmark Here ² with tag list

Post by yuoo2k »

diegodd wrote:i'd like to report a bug, if i have the option "expand the tag list", for the bookmark star dialog, it does open the list of the tags for new bookmarks, but it has checked the tags from the previous bookmark I tagged.

Thank you, I've fixed this bug on 20081018.
diegodd

Post by diegodd »

yuoo2k wrote:
diegodd wrote:i'd like to report a bug, if i have the option "expand the tag list", for the bookmark star dialog, it does open the list of the tags for new bookmarks, but it has checked the tags from the previous bookmark I tagged.

Thank you, I've fixed this bug on 20081018.
Thanks!

but now, where can i download the updated version? on the firefox addons page, it still has version 3.0.20081005, and in the official mozilla homepage (which is in chinese or something and i needed to translate it via google to understand it) it says version 20081018 should be 29.21 in size, but i only can get a 7kb file. And if i try to install that one, firefox says it can't install it because: Not a valid install package. so i guess the file or link is damaged.

Could you check it please and put the most recent version on the mozilla addons page ( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3880 )please?, or fix the link in the other page, or put a direct link somewhere else, maybe on this very forum.

Thank you so much for fixing the bug and making an update, but i can't test it yet :(

Bye, thanks again.
bornheim

Post by bornheim »

yuoo2k wrote:Yes, I didn't expect that someone wanna turn it off. So, I remove it from the options dialog to reduce the dialog size. As you said, it's still functional by setting the abhere2.folderDrag preference.

Please put it back into the options dialog. It's quite annoying to accidently drag the bookmark folders - and that happens a lot to me ...
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

diegodd wrote:Could you check it please and put the most recent version on the mozilla addons page ( https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3880 )please?, or fix the link in the other page, or put a direct link somewhere else, maybe on this very forum.

I've uploaded the new version to AMO, it is pending review now.
You can get the experimental version from https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... sions/3880 (login AMO required):
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

bornheim wrote:
yuoo2k wrote:Yes, I didn't expect that someone wanna turn it off. So, I remove it from the options dialog to reduce the dialog size. As you said, it's still functional by setting the abhere2.folderDrag preference.

Please put it back into the options dialog. It's quite annoying to accidently drag the bookmark folders - and that happens a lot to me ...

I'm redesigning the options dialog, at this moment, you can turn it off manually:
1. type "about:config" in address bar.
2. type "abhere2" in filter.
3. double-click the "abhere2.folderDrag" item to change the value from "true" to "false".
HufflepuffBR

Post by HufflepuffBR »

With Firefox 3.0.3, ABH lost one of his best features: Using it to add all the tabs in a specific folder. Any chance of adding this feature on new versions of ABH?