[Ext] Add Bookmark Here ²

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
tigerlan

Conflict with iFox Smooth's bookmark toolbar display

Post by tigerlan »

Hi,

I just started a new profile and Firefox 2.0.0.4 to find out what add-on prevent me from using my favorite theme. There was only the Roboform toolbar extension set up by default because it is installed on my system (Windows XP SP2). Fortunately, I found out quite immediately the culprit.

In my bookmark folder, there are single bookmarks and folders. ABH2 separates the bookmark toolbar in 2 halves, one for the single bookmarks and one for the folders with drop down combo boxes. Actually I tried with single bookmarks only and it makes no difference. My bookmarks are all stacked up thus not legible instead of spreading out till the end then with an arrow to scroll like with all other themes.

All other themes display all the single bookmarks then show the folders therefore do not split the toolbar in the middle.

Voilà, hope you'll find a solution soon so that I can use ABH2 again.
tigerlan
Lost User 198137

Add Bookmark Here 2 - feature Req.

Post by Lost User 198137 »

I use ABHv2 and it works great - thanks. But there is an 'annoyance' re bookmarking that happens sometimes.... While browswing bookmark submenus.. one of the submenus remains visible even tho I have moved (the cursor) to another area, and the parent of the visible submenu is not visible.

I get rid of this visible/orphan submenu by choosing "Add Bookmark Here" then Cancel. I dont know if this problem is caused by my OS (xp Pro), FireFox, the extension, or something else. If there is no way to fix this 'orphan submenu' problem - I thought you might consider adding a small "X" close box next to the "Add BookMark Here" in each submenu.

thanks
wanderer510

Post by wanderer510 »

As reported in Menu Editor's buglist, when those two plugins are used together, the separators of the Bookmarks menu are removed. Re-inserting them in Menu Editor has no effect, they are removed again after restarting FF. These two plugins are both very good and it would be great if they worked together without all these annoying little problems.
GigMormon

Post by GigMormon »

Is this somehow different than, or just an update of Version 0.5.7 beta 2006-10-03: extension?
nettrotter

Post by nettrotter »

arris wrote:
yuoo2k wrote:
arris wrote:and i have request to add copy link of bookmark in menu if is it possible.

Firefox has already implemented it.
Just use "Copy" command, its default behavior will copy the bookmark's URL.
For example,
1. Right-click on any bookmark that you want copy.
2. Select "Copy" command.
3. And now you can paste the bookmark's link anywhere.

Nope, i want something like this extension http://www.chuonthis.com/extensions/updatebookmark.php but contrariwise.

I want only link ( in clipboard without open properties ) to the site not the hole bookmark.

but you just to right click the menu entries on the list of bookmark and copy it , the behavior really gives what you want as the url of the website instead of the other stuff whatever you claimed.Just try it more.
nettrotter

Post by nettrotter »

Expand all fields on bookmark dialog and remember your last selected folder.

This is the good feature that makes me choose this extension. With the feature, my ctrl+D behavior simplifies adding bookmark to many extent
GigMormon

Post by GigMormon »

GigMormon wrote:Is this somehow different than, or just an update of Version 0.5.7 beta 2006-10-03: extension?

Anyone know?
houdini65

Post by houdini65 »

GigMormon wrote:
GigMormon wrote:Is this somehow different than, or just an update of Version 0.5.7 beta 2006-10-03: extension?

Anyone know?

This is a different extension entirely. Different authors from different countries.

For my personal machine I'm sticking to Add Bookmark Here v 0.5.8. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/11

Same author as Version 0.5.7 beta 2006-10-03 but an updated version.
GigMormon

Post by GigMormon »

I think I will stick to the original as well since it works without problems.
theperm

Not working with Bookmark Tags 4.0 extension

Post by theperm »

It looks like the extension doesnt work properly with Bookmark Tags 4.0.

http://cs.stanford.edu/people/adw/bookm ... index.html

When adding bookmark here it always adds it to the root bookmark folder and never the folder it supposed to.

Install both and then use addbookmark here to add a bookmark in a folder and then check where it actually got stored. Also use the new bookmark tag dialog to store a bookmark using the tree added by add bookmark here2.
theperm

Post by theperm »

I think to be compatible with Bookmark tags it needs to set the "Dont bookmark this tag" option. If a user manually sets this it works
phatrabt

Post by phatrabt »

I've got a small issue with the extension. When I try to bookmark all tabs, how do I just add them to an already existing folder? As it stands it automatically creates a folder for them when I bookmark them. Thanks!
Lost User 292449

Enhancements needed

Post by Lost User 292449 »

I want to request to add those Options in OpenBook like hide/show Keyword, Descriptions, etc into Add Bookmarks Here 2.
Thanks!
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

jcreator wrote:I want to request to add those Options in OpenBook like hide/show Keyword, Descriptions, etc into Add Bookmarks Here 2.
Thanks!

There are some hidden options in about:config (Just type "about:config" in address bar.)
abhere2.dialog.showURL
abhere2.dialog.showKeyword
abhere2.dialog.showDescription
abhere2.dialog.showInSidebar
abhere2.dialog.showBookmarkAll
abhere2.dialog.showFolder
abhere2.dialog.showTree
rom2

Post by rom2 »

Does this extension work with FF's DB that stores bookmarks or does it use a separate storage?