[Ext] Add Bookmark Here ²

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
mbaluyos

Re: [Ext] Add Bookmark Here 2

Post by mbaluyos »

Hi, I haven't had any issues with this extension on FF2.

After I started using FF3 and with it the new version of this extension, I do get some issues like the ones below:

* When I click "Add bookmark here", the current folder is not automatically selected on the dialog box. It is empty and it takes a second try to get the dialog filled in.
* Sometimes, the bookmark folder I want it saved to is not selected.

Any pointers as to why this might happen?
mbaluyos

Post by mbaluyos »

OK. I did some tests here and can confirm that the extension works as expected when I disable the del.icio.us addon.

The del.icio.us addon puts a bunch of other functionality with regards to the bookmarking component in FF. This might've affected the way the Add Bookmark Here 2 extension does its work.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

Brummelchen wrote:well, i miss the option to save all open tabs in a bookmark folder like abhere (1) do/did.
i only can save one bm, i need to go in the menu ( ctrl+shift+d) for multiple bms

Yes, I know. I'll try to implement the "Bookmark All Tabs" function. In next version, you can middle click the "Add Bookmark Here.." to bookmark all tabs.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

shawn^ wrote:Would it be possible to add an option to skip the dialog box when u use add bookmark here. Similar to just clicking the star in the url bar where the bookmark is just added and no dialog box pops up. thanks :)

Well, I think I can add a new option to do this. But if the page has already bookmarked, the dialog will still pop up to notice the user.
shawn^

Post by shawn^ »

yuoo2k wrote:
shawn^ wrote:Would it be possible to add an option to skip the dialog box when u use add bookmark here. Similar to just clicking the star in the url bar where the bookmark is just added and no dialog box pops up. thanks :)

Well, I think I can add a new option to do this. But if the page has already bookmarked, the dialog will still pop up to notice the user.

Ya I can understand that. But I'm more concerned about adding a bookmark fast. So when I use the add bookmark here option to add a bookmark to a particular folder I don't have to worry about the unnecessary dialog box popping up.

thanks.
tanstaafl_bh

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

Hi,

Love Add Bookmark Here, a very useful extension... but I was wondering if you could add one little thing to it that doesn't really have to do with *adding* a bookmark...

There is one other extension that apparently is dead, and no longer works using the version bump trick - OOK...

What this extension did and which I miss greatly - was add the 'Bookmarks' to the bottom of the context menu...

Any chance of adding this feature to ABH?

Anyway, many thanks for ABH!

Charles
Ed1

Post by Ed1 »

Does this addon come with toolbar buttons to permit:

(1) displaying the list of current bookmarks as a dropdown from the toolbar (not in the sidebar), and/or

(2) bookmarking of the current page?

Or is there another addon that provides either or both of such toolbar buttons in FF3?

Thanks.
mbaluyos

Post by mbaluyos »

mbaluyos wrote:OK. I did some tests here and can confirm that the extension works as expected when I disable the del.icio.us addon.

The del.icio.us addon puts a bunch of other functionality with regards to the bookmarking component in FF. This might've affected the way the Add Bookmark Here 2 extension does its work.

Any chance this particular issue might be addressed?

I'm thinking there might also be a bunch of other people out there who use the official del.icio.us addon who might be affected with this incompatibility.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

Thank you - you will do me a great favour.
yuoo2k wrote:
Brummelchen wrote:well, i miss the option to save all open tabs in a bookmark folder like abhere (1) do/did.
i only can save one bm, i need to go in the menu ( ctrl+shift+d) for multiple bms

Yes, I know. I'll try to implement the "Bookmark All Tabs" function. In next version, you can middle click the "Add Bookmark Here.." to bookmark all tabs.
the magic number is 51 and you are probably part of it :p
shawn^

Post by shawn^ »

tanstaafl_bh wrote:Hi,

Love Add Bookmark Here, a very useful extension... but I was wondering if you could add one little thing to it that doesn't really have to do with *adding* a bookmark...

There is one other extension that apparently is dead, and no longer works using the version bump trick - OOK...

What this extension did and which I miss greatly - was add the 'Bookmarks' to the bottom of the context menu...

Any chance of adding this feature to ABH?

Anyway, many thanks for ABH!

Charles

I thought I was the only one who wanted it there! U can use menumanipulator extension to move the bookmark menu from the menubar to the page context menu. You can even decide when u want it to show. eg. not in type boxes.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

Hello, I've released a new DevBuild 1.0.20080621, please help test it, thank you!
What's New?
+ Supports "Bookmark All Tabs": Please try to middle click on "Add Bookmark Here..." menuitem.
+ A new option: "Don't show the Edit Bookmark dialog when I add a bookmark".
+ A new option: "Click the Bookmark Star once shows the Edit Bookmark dialog".
+ The description field in the Edit Bookmark dialog supports multiple line.
You can find the download link here: http://forum.moztw.org/viewtopic.php?t=16450
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

mbaluyos wrote:
mbaluyos wrote:OK. I did some tests here and can confirm that the extension works as expected when I disable the del.icio.us addon.

Any chance this particular issue might be addressed?

I'm thinking there might also be a bunch of other people out there who use the official del.icio.us addon who might be affected with this incompatibility.

Can anyone help to find out the root cause? Thanks!
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

+ Supports "Bookmark All Tabs": Please try to middle click on "Add Bookmark Here..." menuitem.

Thank you - but i dont have a middle mouse button - its used to double click.
an option like "[_] bookmark all open tabs" -> bm name changes to folder name would be nicer.

i know - its not easy to copy functions without breaking license.

BTW i mentioned some prepare for german "de-DE" - here the text i use

Code: Select all

<!ENTITY dialog.title "Add Bookmark Here ² - Einstellungen">

<!ENTITY group.pos   "Position der Menüeinträge im Lesezeichen-Menü">
<!ENTITY group.bmm   "Anzeige der Menüeinträge im Lesezeichen-Menü">
<!ENTITY group.bmc   "Anzeige des Menüeintrags im Lesezeichen-Kontextmenü">
<!ENTITY group.misc  "Verschiedenes">

<!ENTITY pos.abhere  "Eintrag &quot;$abhere$&quot;:">
<!ENTITY pos.optabs  "Eintrag &quot;$optabs$&quot;:">
<!ENTITY pos.top     "am Anfang">
<!ENTITY pos.bottom  "am Ende">
<!ENTITY pos.hidden  "ausblenden">

<!ENTITY bmm.abhere  "&quot;$abhere$&quot; anzeigen">
<!ENTITY bmm.bmpage  "&quot;&bookmarkThisPageCmd.label;&quot; ausblenden">
<!ENTITY bmm.bmtabs  "&quot;&bookmarkAllCmd.label;&quot; ausblenden">

<!ENTITY insertTop   "Neue Lesezeichen am Anfang einfügen">
<!ENTITY folderDrag  "Verschieben von Lesezeichen mit der Maus erlauben">
<!ENTITY noPopEditUI "Bearbeiten-Dialog beim Hinzufügen nicht anzeigen">
<!ENTITY clickStarUI "Einfacher Klick auf den Lesezeichen-Stern öffnet Bearbeiten-Dialog">

Code: Select all

label= Lesezeichen hier hinzufügen...
accesskey= h

They are not at all from me

HTH
shawn^

Post by shawn^ »

yuoo2k wrote:+ A new option: "Don't show the Edit Bookmark dialog when I add a bookmark".
http://forum.moztw.org/viewtopic.php?t=16450

Although I've selected it in options, it still doesn't work. When I scroll through my bookmark folders and use the add bookmark here it, the dialog box still pops up.

Edit: It works only in the root folder. Not other folders.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

shawn^ wrote:
yuoo2k wrote:+ A new option: "Don't show the Edit Bookmark dialog when I add a bookmark".
http://forum.moztw.org/viewtopic.php?t=16450

Although I've selected it in options, it still doesn't work. When I scroll through my bookmark folders and use the add bookmark here it, the dialog box still pops up.

Edit: It works only in the root folder. Not other folders.

1. Make sure the ABHere2's version is 3.0.20080621 and the page you want to add is not bookmarked yet.
2. Please help try it in a new profile to see if it conflicts with other extensions.