[Ext] Add Bookmark Here ²

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
BipolarBear

Re: [Ext] Add Bookmark Here ²

Post by BipolarBear »

WinXP Pro SP3
Firefox 3.0.1
ABH2 3.0.20080810

For as long as I've used ABH2, I've added bookmarks by opening the desired menu and then pressing the "A" key (to activate the "&Add Bookmark Here..." menu item). Since updating to ABH2 3.0.20080810, this no longer works. That is, the "&A" accelerator key is broken. (Clicking "Add Bookmark Here..." still works.)
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

BipolarBear wrote:For as long as I've used ABH2, I've added bookmarks by opening the desired menu and then pressing the "A" key (to activate the "&Add Bookmark Here..." menu item). Since updating to ABH2 3.0.20080810, this no longer works. That is, the "&A" accelerator key is broken. (Clicking "Add Bookmark Here..." still works.)

Thanks for the bug report. I've fixed this bug in 3.0.20080814.
pschroeter

Post by pschroeter »

Its seems that after ABH2 upgraded recently (3.0.20080810) the Star Bookmarks Dialog started to show up every time I use the Add Bookmark Here... in the fly-out menus of one of my folders. I now have an extra click to bookmark something, I haven't found a way to stop this from happening. I vaguely remember in the original version for FF 2 there was an option to control this.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

pschroeter wrote:Its seems that after ABH2 upgraded recently (3.0.20080810) the Star Bookmarks Dialog started to show up every time I use the Add Bookmark Here... in the fly-out menus of one of my folders. I now have an extra click to bookmark something, I haven't found a way to stop this from happening. I vaguely remember in the original version for FF 2 there was an option to control this.

The recently 3.0.20080810 version supports "Mouse Clicking" settings.
Try to open ABH2 Options dialog from Add-ons Manager, under "Mouse Clicking" group, you can set Left-Click to "Bookmark This Page (without Dialog)".
jsc572

Post by jsc572 »

Help! ABH2 breaks FF3.0.1 bookmark function.

ABH2 was installed along with 60 other extensions, but I couldn't click on the star inside URL bar or use ctrl+D to bookmark, nothing happens when I tried to activate bookmark function via these 2 methods, remove ABH2 solved the issue. It was installed on 2 machines with identical FF setup, same results. Maybe it conflicts with another add-on? Here's are extensions I have installed. I'm using OpenBook now, so far it has no issues.

Enabled Extensions: [59]
- Adblock Plus
- Adblock Plus: Element Hiding Helper
- Add to Search Bar
- ChromaTabs Plus
- CoLT
- Context Highlight
- Context Search
- CS Lite
- CustomizeGoogle
- DictCN
- Dog Ears
- Download Statusbar
- DownThemAll!
- dragdropupload
- Edit Middle
- Extended Copy Menu
- FEBE
- File Title
- Find In Tabs
- FireGestures
- Flagfox
- Flashblock
- Forecastfox l10n
- Foxmarks Bookmark Synchronizer
- functions for keyconfig
- Gmail Manager
- Grab and Drag
- Greasemonkey
- Group/Sort Tabs
- IE View
- keyconfig
- Locationbar²
- Menu Editor
- Minimap Addon
- MR Tech Toolkit (formerly Local Install)
- NetVideoHunter
- No Squint
- NoScript
- OpenBook
- QuickNote
- Remove It Permanently
- Sage-Too
- Save Image in Folder
- Save Images
- SearchLoad Options
- Secure Login
- Send/Clip to OneNote
- Stealther
- Stylish
- Tab Counter
- Tab Mix Plus
- TabLang
- Taboo
- Text Link
- Tiny Menu
- TotalToolbar
- URL Fixer
- Web Developer
- Wired-Marker

Installed Themes: [2]
- Whitehart
jblander

Post by jblander »

I have been using abh2 for a while, and I like it very much. However, some things are not working correctly in Firefox 3.0.1 on an Intel Mac. I am using 3.0.20080815; the previous version was not working properly either. However, the version from July 30, 2008 did/does work properly. (I have reinstalled the 7/30/08 version.)

The symptom: when I select "Add Bookmark Here" from a bookmark submenu, nothing happens. There is no dialog with the bookmark menu listed, etc., and the bookmark is not added to that bookmark menu list. If I select "Add Bookmark Here" from the main Bookmarks menu, I do get the dialog, and I can scroll to the menu where I want to put the bookmark. But what I really liked about your extension was that I could go to any Bookmark sub-menu and just immediately add the bookmark to that menu by selecting the "Add Bookmark Here" option in that submenu. Unfortunately, I only just realized that some pages that I had tried to bookmark in the past week didn't get added to my bookmarks.

I disabled all other extensions, and still it was not working.

Also, I cannot access the developer builds at all to see if they work better. Like someone else reported in an earlier post, I get a 2-line message that I don't know how to translate, and no obvious links to any software are present. I must be doing something incorrectly, but I can't figure out what.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

Could you help to create a new profile with only ABH2 installed and then test the ABH2 to see if it works or not?
jblander

Post by jblander »

yuoo2k wrote:Could you help to create a new profile with only ABH2 installed and then test the ABH2 to see if it works or not?

Still no success in a new profile with only abh2 installed. As I mentioned the version from July 30 does work as expected; I have reverted to that version.
keithy397

Post by keithy397 »

Hi,

I've been using ABH2 for a time with no problems, until the last release I think. When I select 'Add Bookmark Here' in the drop-down menu of whatever folder I'm in, it almost crashes Minefield & Gran Paradiso. I mean, Firefox is running but I lose the browser window and have to restart to recover it.

At the moment I've had to disable ABH2 until I can find out what the heck is causing it.

Any ideas?

**Edit**
Having done further tests I'd like to confirm it isn't this extension. Minefield & Gran Paradiso are crashing with only the default bookmarking system. Hopefully it's just a glitch in the nightly builds. Please accept apologies.......
Cheers,
Keith
hnorr

Post by hnorr »

Here's one more ABH2 fan who's sorry to report that the 20080815 version does nothing with FF3 on Mac OS X 10.5.4. I tried disabling all my other extensions in my default profile, and then created a new profile just for ABH2, but still no go.

Thanks for the product - I hate the thought of having to go without it even temporarily!

Henry Norr
jblander

Post by jblander »

Henry,

Have you tried reverting to the 20080730 version? (See my posts above.) That's the last version that worked for me. As you probably know, you can retrieve prior versions from the mozilla page for the extension. I am using FF3.0.1 and 10.5.4 also.

The 0815 version works only when you select "Add Bookmark Here" from the main bookmarks menu (at the very top of the bookmarks menu); of course, you must then navigate through the dialog box (if you have preferences set for it to appear) to place the bookmark where you wish, which undermines the purpose of using ABH2.

hnorr wrote:Here's one more ABH2 fan who's sorry to report that the 20080815 version does nothing with FF3 on Mac OS X 10.5.4. I tried disabling all my other extensions in my default profile, and then created a new profile just for ABH2, but still no go.

Thanks for the product - I hate the thought of having to go without it even temporarily!

Henry Norr
hnorr

Post by hnorr »

jblander wrote:Henry,

Have you tried reverting to the 20080730 version? (See my posts above.) That's the last version that worked for me. As you probably know, you can retrieve prior versions from the mozilla page for the extension. I am using FF3.0.1 and 10.5.4 also.

The 0815 version works only when you select "Add Bookmark Here" from the main bookmarks menu (at the very top of the bookmarks menu); of course, you must then navigate through the dialog box (if you have preferences set for it to appear) to place the bookmark where you wish, which undermines the purpose of using ABH2.

hnorr wrote:Here's one more ABH2 fan who's sorry to report that the 20080815 version does nothing with FF3 on Mac OS X 10.5.4. I tried disabling all my other extensions in my default profile, and then created a new profile just for ABH2, but still no go.

Henry Norr
Thanks the kick in the rear, jblander - I'd seen your posts but hadn't bothered to go back to the old version. Now I've installed the 20080730 one, and it works for me, too.

(Finding it was a little harder than it should have been - my first approach was to search for it from the "Get Add-ons" tab of FF3's add-on management window, but for some reason ABH2 doesn't show up there, even when I enter the full name.)
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

hnorr wrote:
jblander wrote:Henry,

Henry Norr
Thanks the kick in the rear, jblander - I'd seen your posts but hadn't bothered to go back to the old version. Now I've installed the 20080730 one, and it works for me, too.

(Finding it was a little harder than it should have been - my first approach was to search for it from the "Get Add-ons" tab of FF3's add-on management window, but for some reason ABH2 doesn't show up there, even when I enter the full name.)

Hi jblander & hnorr,
This problem seems only happen on Mac OS X 10.5.
I'm trying to prepare a Mac OS X system to reproduce it.
bbint

Post by bbint »

it's nothing big
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

Hi bbint,

I've fixed this bug on ABHere2-3.0.20080915.

Thank you.