[Ext] Add Bookmark Here ²

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
jblander

Re: [Ext] Add Bookmark Here ²

Post by jblander »

any further updates on the Mac OS X.5 issue?
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

jblander wrote:any further updates on the Mac OS X.5 issue?

I'm still unable to get a Mac OS X 10.5 to reproduce the bug. :oops:
mdempers

Post by mdempers »

yuoo2k

Firstly let me say I'm new to using firefox and this add on is simply fantastic.

I have a suggestion for you (assuming you take suggestion for mods :-)

Have you ever considered adding this option. When you select the "add this bookmark here" option, it then brings up the "Edit This Bookmark" dialog box. My suggestion is to have an option on the "Edit This Bookmark" dialog box which allows you to create a new sub folder and effectively give you the option of creating the new bookmark in this sub folder you have just created.
What do you think?

Regards

Maurice
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

mdempers wrote:Have you ever considered adding this option. When you select the "add this bookmark here" option, it then brings up the "Edit This Bookmark" dialog box. My suggestion is to have an option on the "Edit This Bookmark" dialog box which allows you to create a new sub folder and effectively give you the option of creating the new bookmark in this sub folder you have just created.

Hello, would you please try to right-click on the "Add Bookmark Here", it will show the "Bookmark All Tabs" dialog for giving the ability to create a new folder with all current pages in it.
Does it fit your requirement?
GarethJS

Post by GarethJS »

Has it stopped working with firefox 3.0.3? Its as if the extension has been totally disabled.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

GarethJS wrote:Has it stopped working with firefox 3.0.3? Its as if the extension has been totally disabled.

ABHere2 works fine with the latest fx3.0.3 release build.
GarethJS

Post by GarethJS »

anyway to check what might be wrong? I just re-installed it but still no change. None of its options have any use. Its basically as if I don't have it installed. I haven't installed any extensions the only last thing I did was upgrade to fx3.0.3.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

GarethJS wrote:anyway to check what might be wrong? I just re-installed it but still no change. None of its options have any use. Its basically as if I don't have it installed. I haven't installed any extensions the only last thing I did was upgrade to fx3.0.3.

Try to create a new profile, and install ABHere2 from AMO: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/3880
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Before trying a new profile, try this:
From the KB
Files that store information about the extensions you have installed can sometimes be corrupted. Deleting them can fix a number of extension issues; they will be regenerated the next time you start Firefox. . Exit Firefox completely, then open your Firefox profile folder (read the linked article for its location) and delete* these three files:

extensions.ini
extensions.cache
extensions.rdf

Also delete compatibility.ini (thanks steviex)

To find your profile:
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_folder_-_Firefox
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
GarethJS

Post by GarethJS »

This is so weird.

I uninstalled all my extensions with just adbhere2 installed and still no go. It's there but it doesn't work. I copied my profile out and started firefox which created a new profile by itself and then installed adbher2 and it works great. This extension is great but I'm not going to reinstall all my extensions just for 1. I tried deleting extensions.ini, cache, rdf and compatibility but still no go. It's there but just doesn't do anything.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

GarethJS wrote:It's there but just doesn't do anything.

Please make sure the ABHere2's is "Enabled" on Addons Manager.
GarethJS

Post by GarethJS »

yes it is.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

jblander wrote:I have been using abh2 for a while, and I like it very much. However, some things are not working correctly in Firefox 3.0.1 on an Intel Mac. I am using 3.0.20080815; the previous version was not working properly either. However, the version from July 30, 2008 did/does work properly. (I have reinstalled the 7/30/08 version.)

The symptom: when I select "Add Bookmark Here" from a bookmark submenu, nothing happens. There is no dialog with the bookmark menu listed, etc., and the bookmark is not added to that bookmark menu list. If I select "Add Bookmark Here" from the main Bookmarks menu, I do get the dialog, and I can scroll to the menu where I want to put the bookmark. But what I really liked about your extension was that I could go to any Bookmark sub-menu and just immediately add the bookmark to that menu by selecting the "Add Bookmark Here" option in that submenu. Unfortunately, I only just realized that some pages that I had tried to bookmark in the past week didn't get added to my bookmarks.

I disabled all other extensions, and still it was not working.

Also, I cannot access the developer builds at all to see if they work better. Like someone else reported in an earlier post, I get a 2-line message that I don't know how to translate, and no obvious links to any software are present. I must be doing something incorrectly, but I can't figure out what.
hnorr wrote:Here's one more ABH2 fan who's sorry to report that the 20080815 version does nothing with FF3 on Mac OS X 10.5.4. I tried disabling all my other extensions in my default profile, and then created a new profile just for ABH2, but still no go.

Hello, I've released a Dev-Build to fix the problem on Mac OS X.

http://forum.moztw.org/files/abhere2-3. ... 03_113.xpi

Would you please help to test if this Dev-Build fixed the problem that you've reported. Thank you.
GarethJS

Post by GarethJS »

Hooray I found the problem (or a bug), it seems that when u go to customize and drag the bookmark toolbar icon away and back into the customize toolbar window, addbookmark stops working. Once its returned to the bookmark toolbar, addbookmark starts working again.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

GarethJS wrote:Hooray I found the problem (or a bug), it seems that when u go to customize and drag the bookmark toolbar icon away and back into the customize toolbar window, addbookmark stops working. Once its returned to the bookmark toolbar, addbookmark starts working again.

Hello, try this one:
http://forum.moztw.org/files/abhere2-3. ... 05_758.xpi