[Ext] Add Bookmark Here ²

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Jack Black

Re: [Ext] Add Bookmark Here ²

Post by Jack Black »

When "Description" is enabled for the "Edit Bookmark Dialog", currently selected text on the page automatically replaces the page default description.
It would be great if we could choose, in the options (or through a "hidden" preference), wether we want to keep the default description or use the current behavior of automatically pasting highlighted text, if any.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

Jack Black wrote:When "Description" is enabled for the "Edit Bookmark Dialog", currently selected text on the page automatically replaces the page default description.
It would be great if we could choose, in the options (or through a "hidden" preference), wether we want to keep the default description or use the current behavior of automatically pasting highlighted text, if any.
Try this:
about:config
extensions.abhere2.starUI.row.description.maxLength = 0
Jack Black

Post by Jack Black »

yuoo2k wrote:extensions.abhere2.starUI.row.description.maxLength = 0
Works great. Thanks! :D
fire_noob

Post by fire_noob »

Settings Option: { Main Panel Menu Advanced }

Under the Menu Settings tab what does the Bookmarks Folder - Right-Click Add Bookmarks will place inside the Folder check box do ? :?:

Thanks.

Please explain all the options under Menu Tab please.
kevs

Post by kevs »

I'm on Mac this is what I'm getting today, any idea?

http://i65.tinypic.com/hthax2.jpg
MAC USER
Pochemuchkin

Post by Pochemuchkin »

1. Bug:
The order of tabs reverted when I drag'n'drop a couple of tabs to bookmarks folders and the "to top" option is enabled.
Please, fix it.
Pochemuchkin

Post by Pochemuchkin »

2. Feature request:
Please, add possibility to revert the state of the "Insert to top" option on-the-fly. For example, when Alt key or Shift key is pressed. (With the support of drag-n'dropping of bookmarks too)
Pochemuchkin

Post by Pochemuchkin »

3. Feature request:
Right-clicking on the "Add Bookmark Here..." menu item opens the Options dialog of this firefox extension.
kevs

Post by kevs »

Thanks Poch, those all sound good. I've stopped using the extension. My issue persist.
MAC USER
CT71

Post by CT71 »

I apologize sincerely to yuoo2k if this question doesn't pertain to the add-on ABH. My one year old computer died a few weeks ago and I'm trying like heck by memory to figure things out for my new computer. I'm running Firefox 51 and the current version of ABH and on my last computer I had it set up where I only had to click the url star button once, not twice, to bookmark a page. And also I had it set up where every bookmark would save into Bookmarks Menu instead of Other Bookmarks. I swore ABH was how I did it but I can't figure it out. Thanks for any help.
CT71

Post by CT71 »

Ok, I did figure it out. There's alot to do when you get a new computer, I think I was just a little overwhelmed. Spent some time with it and got it going.
DN123ABC

Post by DN123ABC »

Did this extension take the place of the one named "Add Bookmark Here 3.0" by Daniel Lindkvist?

I have that older one in my extensions list, but disabled (probably incompatible).

Thanks.
boobie goodness

'Return' key to add bookmark no longer works

Post by boobie goodness »

Firefox 52.0b3
Linux 4.9.0-1-686-pae #1 SMP Debian 4.9.2-2 (2017-01-12) i686 GNU/Linux

As soon as I upgraded from Firefox 50.01 (or some such) to Firefox 52.0b3, hitting the return key in the "add bookmark here" dialog no longer works.

To make matters worse, I can no longer do any "ALT + <key>" to activate the "done" button. So I have to go and pick up the mouse and use that.

Please fix.
ziffusion

Post by ziffusion »

Hi - a small problem, really. But it's annoying enough. Thought I'd at least ask.

Ever since the last update, the form that pops up for "Show the dialog with single click (toggle)" - it does not have the focus automatically. The behavior used to be that the form would pop up, it would have focus, and the text would be selected. But not anymore.

Would this be a Firefox thing, or have something to do with the extension?
sojusnik

Post by sojusnik »

Same here.

The pop-up has no focus on Firefox 52. Would be nice to see a fix soon, since it's an essential feature.