[Ext] Add Bookmark Here ²

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
GARDENGAL4

Re: [Ext] Add Bookmark Here ²

Post by GARDENGAL4 »

I'm a recent upgrade from old ABH and am getting lost with all the new features. Can you tell me if this is the way it is supposed to work or am I missing some setting.

On a bookmark toolbar folder, I click on it see bookmarks and ABH option. I click ABH option and I get the dialog box. Normally I just accepted the bookmark name or specify my own name and hit CR. But now I have to browse to the correct toolbar FOLDER. Why should I have to browse anywhere if I got there by clicking on the target folder.

Similar thing happens with browsing to a bookmark folder via Bookmarks Menu. There is something subtly different between the two, but I havent' figured it out precisely.

I've twiddled some of the settings to try to get it back to old behavior (i.e. ABH on bottom, etc.) and now I am confused if I screwed up a setting. I would like a RESTORE TO ABH1 BEHAVIOR button.
C@rb0n

Post by C@rb0n »

Hi yuoo2k,

There's a bug in ABH2, v3.1.20081205, whereby the "Add Bookmark Here..." in each bookmark subfolder is duplicated each time one navigates away from that subfolder and then returns to it.

For example, let's say, under the Bookmarks menu, you have a parent folder called Hobbies, and you have a subfolder called Jogging, and "Add Bookmark Here..." appears on top of the Jogging subfolder. If you navigate to the Jogging subfolder then navigate away and then navigate back, you will see "Add Bookmark Here..." added twice. IF you do this two times, you will see three "Add Bookmark Here...", and so on...

This happens with Firefox 3.6 Trunk. It might also happen with 3.5 Branch, but I didn't check.

EDIT: Turns out this bug occurs only if Menu Icons Plus 1.3 is installed.

Thanks
Last edited by C@rb0n on June 8th, 2009, 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
emellaich

Post by emellaich »

First, let me thank you for a great extension. I just recommended it to someone who was having bookmark problems. I do have one feature request.

It would be nice if there was a menu choice of "Add bookmark to new sub-folder" just below the "Add bookmark here". I know this option is available through the menu selection on the resultant dialog box, but it would be great to see it as a one step process just like Add bookmark here.

Of course, I enjoy your extension just as it is, and if it is not in your plan to add this feature, then I understand. I would like to thank you for your work in making this available.

Michael
tonhe

Post by tonhe »

Is there any chance at all for making this plugin work on OS X ??
jrsofsd

Post by jrsofsd »

The dialog to add a bookmark is just off the bottom of the screen, so that I can't see the button that actually adds the bookmark, I'm using 800x600 and LARGE fonts. Can you move the default position of the dialog up a few (50?) pixels?

A screenshot of the dialog:

http://www.schulers.us/pub/AddBookmarkHereScreenShot.jpg
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

jrsofsd wrote:The dialog to add a bookmark is just off the bottom of the screen, so that I can't see the button that actually adds the bookmark, I'm using 800x600 and LARGE fonts. Can you move the default position of the dialog up a few (50?) pixels?
A screenshot of the dialog:
http://www.schulers.us/pub/AddBookmarkHereScreenShot.jpg

Hello, there is a solution to resolve the flaw. You can hide some rarely used rows (i.e. Keyword, Description...) to reduce the height of dialog.
Steps:
1. Type "about:config" in address bar.
2. Enter "abhere2.starUI.row" in Filter box.
3. Now, you'll see the following options that allow you to decide the on/off about each rows.
  • abhere2.starUI.row.name
  • abhere2.starUI.row.location
  • abhere2.starUI.row.feedLocation
  • abhere2.starUI.row.siteLocation
  • abhere2.starUI.row.folderPicker
  • abhere2.starUI.row.tags
  • abhere2.starUI.row.description
  • abhere2.starUI.row.keyword
  • abhere2.starUI.row.loadInSidebar
Notice: Remove the necessarily row may cause problem, my suggestion is loadInSidebar / keyword / description.
akahige

Post by akahige »

This is a great extension. I've been using it ever since it was first released.

Just upgraded to v.3.5.20090621, on Firefox 3.0.11 (Linux), and the feature to add bookmarks to the last selected folder doesn't seem to work. Is there anything I can do to help troubleshoot this?

Also had a suggestion for a new feature... it would be very cool and handy if there was a context menu feature to add bookmarks to folders you're inside of when you're in the Library editing things.

Cheers!
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

akahige wrote:This is a great extension. I've been using it ever since it was first released.

Just upgraded to v.3.5.20090621, on Firefox 3.0.11 (Linux), and the feature to add bookmarks to the last selected folder doesn't seem to work. Is there anything I can do to help troubleshoot this?

Hello, I can't reproduce this problem. It works fine for me on Ubuntu9.04+firefox3.0.11+abhere2-3.5.20090621.
You can try to disable other extensions to find out which extension conflicts with ABHere2.
akahige

Post by akahige »

Seems like a couple of things might be going on here. I disabled everything except for ABHere2 and still had the problem. However, I noticed that I was depending on the "A" keyboard shortcut ("A"dd Bookmark Here") to set the directory, then CTRL-D to add the next bookmark.

If I clicked the "Add Bookmark Here" entry instead of using the keyboard shortcut, it seemed to work. That isn't to say that there's not also a conflict problem, but there does seem to be an issue in behavior.

I'm also running Ubuntu 9.04 on an AMD64 system.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

akahige wrote:Seems like a couple of things might be going on here. I disabled everything except for ABHere2 and still had the problem. However, I noticed that I was depending on the "A" keyboard shortcut ("A"dd Bookmark Here") to set the directory, then CTRL-D to add the next bookmark.

If I clicked the "Add Bookmark Here" entry instead of using the keyboard shortcut, it seemed to work. That isn't to say that there's not also a conflict problem, but there does seem to be an issue in behavior.

I'm also running Ubuntu 9.04 on an AMD64 system.

Hello, I've fixed this problem on 3.5.20090630, please try the new devbuild:
Download link: http://forum.moztw.org/files/abhere2-3. ... ns_172.xpi
akahige

Post by akahige »

Awesome!

Everything seems to work perfectly, now.

Cheers.
LaF2009

Post by LaF2009 »

Hi,
I just upgrading to Firefox 3.5 (French) and Add Bookmark Here² 3.5.20090621. I got some problem with this add-on, when I want to subscribe to a RSS feed with dynamic bookmark when I click on "subscribe now" button, nothing happens.

In the FF Error Console, I got 2 Errors :
1- Erreur : Permission refusée à <moz-safe-about:feeds> d'appeler la méthode UnnamedClass.toString de <>.
( Translation : Permission denied to <moz-safe-about:feeds> from calling the method UnnamedClass.toString of <>)
2 - Erreur : uncaught exception: unknown (can't convert to string)

When I disable the add-on everthing works properly.

I don't know what I done, it's working now. ](*,)
@+
LukasThyWalls

Post by LukasThyWalls »

LaF2009 wrote:Hi,
I just upgrading to Firefox 3.5 (French) and Add Bookmark Here² 3.5.20090621. I got some problem with this add-on, when I want to subscribe to a RSS feed with dynamic bookmark when I click on "subscribe now" button, nothing happens.

In the FF Error Console, I got 2 Errors :
1- Erreur : Permission refusée à <moz-safe-about:feeds> d'appeler la méthode UnnamedClass.toString de <>.
( Translation : Permission denied to <moz-safe-about:feeds> from calling the method UnnamedClass.toString of <>)
2 - Erreur : uncaught exception: unknown (can't convert to string)

When I disable the add-on everthing works properly.

I don't know what I done, it's working now. ](*,)
@+

I have that problem. Same FF and same situation.

Code: Select all

Error: Permiso denegado para <moz-safe-about:feeds> al llamar al método UnnamedClass.toString en <>.
Error: uncaught exception: unknown (can't convert to string)

Without ABHere2, Add Dynamic Bookmarks works, but with ABHere2, nothing happens when I click the "Subscribe Now" Button.

What did you do, LaF2009?
поехали!
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

LukasThyWalls wrote:I have that problem. Same FF and same situation.

Error: Permiso denegado para <moz-safe-about:feeds> al llamar al método UnnamedClass.toString en <>.

Without ABHere2, Add Dynamic Bookmarks works, but with ABHere2, nothing happens when I click the "Subscribe Now" Button.

Hello, could you test it in a new profile and give me the steps to reproduce the problem. Thank you.
LukasThyWalls

Post by LukasThyWalls »

yuoo2k wrote:
LukasThyWalls wrote:I have that problem. Same FF and same situation.

Hello, could you test it in a new profile and give me the steps to reproduce the problem. Thank you.

Hello. My problem happened when I upgraded to FF 3.5, the problem dissapear when ABHere2 is disabled.

But I have tested in a new profile, with FF 3.5, I installed ABHere2 from Mozilla Addons, and I tried to add the feed of News Google (for example) with the feed icon inside address bar, and when I pushed the button of "Subscribe Now", nothing happened.

When i disabled ABHere2, when i pushed "Subscribe Now", a window appeared for put the feed in one bookmark folder (the normal situation)

Do you understand me? Thanks!
поехали!