[Ext] Add Bookmark Here ²

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Jack Black

Re: [Ext] Add Bookmark Here ²

Post by Jack Black »

yuoo2k wrote:+ Fixed: Bookmark dialog not work well if user remove the STAR button.
The dialog now correctly points to the information icon in the urlbar, and the "Expand the Tags List" preference works correctly, however the folder tree is always minimized (regardless if "Expand the Folder Tree" is enabled in ABH² options)*.
This doesn't occur and everything works correctly if the star button is visible in the UI.

yuoo2k wrote:+ Fixed: [Bookmark this Link] should popup the dialog that anchor on link.
The dialog is now correctly positioned so that the arrow points to the link, good job. :)
However:
  • The arrow is misplaced (pointing upwards when it should be downwards) when trying to bookmark a link that is around the middle of a page (vertically speaking) -- note that this may be a bug within Firefox itself.
  • The preference "Expand the Tags List" is correctly remembered, but the folder tree is always minimized, regardless if "Expand the Folder Tree" is enabled.*
On the positive side, what you did fixed the issue I was having: now "Bookmark this link" always make the dialog appear. Well done. :)

Oh, and BTW, I have updated the French locale on Babelzilla to reflect the recent changes ("Unsorted Bookmarks" -> "Other Bookmarks").

* (as a workaround, one can install the Edit Bookmark Plus add-on along with ABH²: it automatically expands the folder tree in any case).

//edit: found another glitch in the latest version: on a page that hasn't been bookmarked, when hovering the mouse over the star button, the tooltip will say "Edit This Bookmark" instead of "Bookmark this page" like it should.
tickleonthetum

Post by tickleonthetum »

Using Firefix 49.0 beta 4 with Add Bookmark Here ² 48.0.20160813

The Bookmarks panel folder tree does not automatically expand despite "Expand The Folder Tree" being checked. This hasn't worked for me for the last few versions of Firefox at least. I've tried it with the non-beta versions of FF and it still doesn't work...
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

tickleonthetum wrote:Using Firefix 49.0 beta 4 with Add Bookmark Here ² 48.0.20160813

The Bookmarks panel folder tree does not automatically expand despite "Expand The Folder Tree" being checked. This hasn't worked for me for the last few versions of Firefox at least. I've tried it with the non-beta versions of FF and it still doesn't work...
Would you please try to create a new profile with only ABH2 installed to see if other extension conflict with ABH2.
Thanks.

--
To create a new profile:

Windows:
1. close Firefox.
2. press Win+R, enter: firefox.exe -p

Mac:
1. Cmd+Q, close Firefox.
2. press Control+Space, open Terminal
3. enter: /Applications/Firefox.app/Contents/MacOS/firefox-bin -p
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

v48.0.20160817: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
+ Fixed: "Expand the Folder Tree" setting works on anchors that is not bookmark folder.
+ Update: French locale.
Jack Black

Post by Jack Black »

v48.0.20160817 fixes "Expand the Folder Tree" when the star button has been removed. It also fixes the preference for [Bookmark this Link]. Well done. :)

However:
  • The "Bookmark this Link" dialog can be too wide, vertically, masking the bottom of the dialog (and the "Done" and "Cancel" buttons with it), particularly if you expanded the "Bookmark this Page" dialog before. It's then tedious to resize it so it correctly fits the window.
    Ideally, the add-on could make sure both dialogs stay within the window boundaries.

Until version 48.0.20160817, installing the "Edit Bookmark Plus" add-on along ABH² could work around this, but it's no longer the case.
  • The arrow being sometimes misplaced, as I had suspected, could very well be a Firefox bug, as it has previously happened on other dialogs as well: https://bug932317.bmoattachments.org/at ... id=8654386
  • The star button tooltip still always shows "Edit This Bookmark" when hovered, even on pages that haven't been bookmarked yet, but again, this is a small glitch. ;)
Last edited by Jack Black on August 17th, 2016, 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kimmersly

Post by kimmersly »

Just installed ABH2 48.0.20160817 in FF 48.0 on a Win 8.1platform (fully patched). Now, if the mouse pointer is hovering over a folder in the main bookmarks menu, the folder's sub-menu opens OK, but you can no longer scroll the main bookmarks menu. It is just stuck where it is currently positioned. The sub-menu's entries do scroll OK, BTW. The teeny-tiny up & down arrows at the menu's top & bottom do work for scrolling, but they are a PITA to use. Hope you can fix this soon, so I can give it 5 stars again.

Thanks ...!
Gail1940

Post by Gail1940 »

If i try to install this AddOn on Firefox Mobil, the Browser displays a badge with "Downloading AddOn", but it seems, that i cant install the AddOn on Android. I would try to use this AddOn as a Workaround for the default Bookmark Folder. Firefox Android will allways save new Bookmarks in the Folder "Mobile Bookmarks" and i didnt like this. I want to save new Bookmarks allways in the Folder "Unsorted Bookmarks". Is there a way to do this? Maybe a other AddOn?
James

Post by James »

Gail1940 wrote:If i try to install this AddOn on Firefox Mobil, the Browser displays a badge with "Downloading AddOn", but it seems, that i cant install the AddOn on Android.
https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addo ... rk-here-2/
This Extension is only for desktop Firefox and not also for Android Firefox.

Also the Extensions for Android Firefox are listed in https://addons.mozilla.org/android/
Gail1940

Post by Gail1940 »

Many thx. Is there some AddOn for Firefox on Android, which let me save Bookmarks per default in the "Unsorted Bookmarks" folder or the last used Folder?
keithy397

Post by keithy397 »

Why not use the Mobile Folder as a stop-gap then move the ones you want to keep. Tbh, I don't see the difference between the Mobile or Unsorted folders Gail.
Cheers,
Keith
Aris

Post by Aris »

Got an issue report for CTR, but it seems like ABH² was responsible.

The default browser preference browser.bookmarks.showRecentlyBookmarked for current Firefox versions does not work, if ABH² is enabled. Further more that preference can be triggered through bookmarks popups by right-clicking on a bookmark and selecting "Show/Hide Recently Bookmarked". With ABH² active those entries are not present.

L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

Aris wrote:Got an issue report for CTR, but it seems like ABH² was responsible. The default browser preference browser.bookmarks.showRecentlyBookmarked for current Firefox versions does not work, if ABH² is enabled. Further more that preference can be triggered through bookmarks popups by right-clicking on a bookmark and selecting "Show/Hide Recently Bookmarked". With ABH² active those entries are not present.
I ran into this on my system. I added the following code to Stylish to eliminate "Recently Bookmarked" in the Bookmark Menu:

Code: Select all

/*AGENT_SHEET*/
#BMB_recentBookmarks { display:none!important; }
#menu_recentBookmarks { display:none!important; }
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.8.0esr, Thunderbird 115.8.1, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18
CT71

Post by CT71 »

Hi, what is the latest version of Firefox that is compatible with the latest version of ABH? I've updated from FF41 all the way to 47 today and all of them say "not available with Firefox". But it seems like there are people on here using ABH with Firefox versions as high as 49........so I don't get it?? Thanks for any help.
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
CT71

Post by CT71 »

OK, thanks. Geez, your kidding, I was one more Firefox version away, lol.