[Ext] Add Bookmark Here ²

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
yuoo2k

Re: [Ext] Add Bookmark Here ²

Post by yuoo2k »

HufflepuffBR wrote:With Firefox 3.0.3, ABH lost one of his best features: Using it to add all the tabs in a specific folder. Any chance of adding this feature on new versions of ABH?

Try right-click on "Add Bookmark Here..." menuitem.
diegodd

Post by diegodd »

hi, i've found a small bug:

if the "expand tag list" is checked, in every new firefox sessison, the first time i bookmark a page (or edit one), the list show the tags it has (if any), BUT if i check any new tag (or uncheck a tag already assigned), it doesn't assign (or remove) the tags to that page. If i close and reopen the tag list (with the small triangle), it then works perfect, and keeps working to every new or edited bookmark in that session. If i don't close and reopen the tag list for any bookmark, the problem stays there, disallowing me to edit tags for any bookmark.

Summing up, every time i start a Firefox session, if the "expand tag list" option is enabled, i am unable to edit tags for bookmarks, UNTIL i close and reopen the tag list manually (only once is needed). Doing so, every subscuent tagging in that session works fine, as expected (and no more closing/opening of the list is needed), but the problem reapears every time i close firefox and start a new session.

please check that.

THANKS!!
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

diegodd wrote:hi, i've found a small bug:

if the "expand tag list" is checked, in every new firefox sessison, the first time i bookmark a page (or edit one), the list show the tags it has (if any), BUT if i check any new tag (or uncheck a tag already assigned), it doesn't assign (or remove) the tags to that page. If i close and reopen the tag list (with the small triangle), it then works perfect, and keeps working to every new or edited bookmark in that session. If i don't close and reopen the tag list for any bookmark, the problem stays there, disallowing me to edit tags for any bookmark.

Summing up, every time i start a Firefox session, if the "expand tag list" option is enabled, i am unable to edit tags for bookmarks, UNTIL i close and reopen the tag list manually (only once is needed). Doing so, every subscuent tagging in that session works fine, as expected (and no more closing/opening of the list is needed), but the problem reapears every time i close firefox and start a new session.

please check that.

THANKS!!

Thank you. I've fixed this bug on 20081031. The new version has been uploaded to AMO, it is pending review now.
You can get the experimental version from All Version History (login AMO required).
radiowaters

Post by radiowaters »

A bug. For every new website, the button in Context Menu only works when you use the bottom menu item first. I use it in the bookmarks pop-up menu.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

radiowaters wrote:A bug. For every new website, the button in Context Menu only works when you use the bottom menu item first. I use it in the bookmarks pop-up menu.

Hello, I need the reproduce steps, could you give me more detail about how to reproduce this problem, thank you.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

Hello, there is a new ABH2 v3.1 BETA version released:
  • New Options Dialog.
  • New Mouse Clicking features for the Bookmark Star.
  • Compatible with Firefox 3.1.
Download:
http://forum.moztw.org/files/abhere2-3. ... ld_314.xpi (right-click the link and choose "Save Link as...")

Note:
The options that end with "(Toggle)" means "Click the Bookmark Star once switch to 'ON', and click again switch to 'OFF'.
C@rb0n

Post by C@rb0n »

Hi yuoo2k,

ABH2 v. 3.1.20081101 beta produces the following error in Error Console, when run on Minefield 3.1b2pre:

Error: [ABHere2]ERR - hookCode: document.getElementById('bookmarksBarContent')._DNDObserver.onDragStart
Source file: chrome://abhere2/content/abhere2.xul
Line: 14
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

C@rb0n wrote:ABH2 v. 3.1.20081101 beta produces the following error in Error Console, when run on Minefield 3.1b2pre:

Error: [ABHere2]ERR - hookCode: document.getElementById('bookmarksBarContent')._DNDObserver.onDragStart
Source file: chrome://abhere2/content/abhere2.xul
Line: 14

Hello, due to the fx3.1b2 changed the drag and drop mechanism. I have to find another way to implement the 'folderDrag' feature.
You can try the ABH2 v3.1.20081106, it fixed this problem.
http://forum.moztw.org/files/abhere2-3. ... ld_340.xpi
C@rb0n

Post by C@rb0n »

Thanks, yuoo2k! That solved the problem. :-)
mdempers

Post by mdempers »

mdempers wrote:
yuoo2k wrote:
mdempers wrote:Have you ever considered adding this option. When you select the "add this bookmark here" option, it then brings up the "Edit This Bookmark" dialog box. My suggestion is to have an option on the "Edit This Bookmark" dialog box which allows you to create a new sub folder and effectively give you the option of creating the new bookmark in this sub folder you have just created.

Hello, would you please try to right-click on the "Add Bookmark Here", it will show the "Bookmark All Tabs" dialog for giving the ability to create a new folder with all current pages in it.
Does it fit your requirement?

yuoo2k, Thanks for your responce. To answer your question, not really. The reason I say this is I'm trying to find a way with "Add Bookmark Here" where I can save a single page (current page) into a new folder without have to first create the folder and then use "Add Bookmark Here". What you have suggest works but the problem is it saves all the currently open tabs. I suppose as an alternative suggestion, if you right-click on the "Add Bookmark Here" and it gave you the option of "save all tabs" or "current" that may be a solution but altimately it would be great if you could consider my very first suggestion when I started this post. yuoo2k once again you have a fantastic add on for Firefox here and I really appreaciate the effort you have put into this and the continued support you providing. Thank you.

yuoo2k, I noticed from the activity on the forum you been pretty busy :D Have you by any chance managed to think about my suggestion above?
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

mdempers wrote:Have you ever considered adding this option. When you select the "add this bookmark here" option, it then brings up the "Edit This Bookmark" dialog box. My suggestion is to have an option on the "Edit This Bookmark" dialog box which allows you to create a new sub folder and effectively give you the option of creating the new bookmark in this sub folder you have just created.

Hello,

To implement this feature, I've added a new option "Show the Folder Picker when I Add Bookmark Here" in the Advanced page.
Download link: http://forum.moztw.org/files/abhere2-3. ... ld_181.xpi

You can check the option first, and when you click "Add Bookmark Here", you'll see the "Folder Picker", then try to press the "New Folder" and name it as your wish.
Please help to test if this solves your problem.

Thank you.
george27

Post by george27 »

Thanks for the great work you have been doing with this extension. :D I just noticed that if you use "Bookmarks Menu Button " http://www.sephiroth-j.de/1/mozilla/ when the Bookmarks Menu Button icon is left clicked in the dropdown menu that appears the "Open All in Tabs" remains on the bottom when in Add Bookmark Here ² the "Choose [Open All in Tabs] position:" is set to "Top". TIA
mdempers

Post by mdempers »

yuoo2k wrote:Hello,

To implement this feature, I've added a new option "Show the Folder Picker when I Add Bookmark Here" in the Advanced page.

You can check the option first, and when you click "Add Bookmark Here", you'll see the "Folder Picker", then try to press the "New Folder" and name it as your wish.
Thank you.

Yuoo2K, from what you describing this is exacly what I was hoping for, thank you for making the effort of implementing it. I'm very keen to try it out however over the last 24 hrs I have not been able to download the updated version, you aware of any issues with the download site?
mdempers

Post by mdempers »

yuoo2k wrote:

Hello,

Thank you.

Hello Yuoo2k
I've install this update and that looks like a definite solution to my issue. Thank you.
One bug I've noticed is that the folder is lists is not always the current folder, where you selected "add bookmark here". Most of the time I've noticed it defaults to the previous folder where you previously saved the last bookmark.

mdempers
mdempers

Post by mdempers »

Further to my previous comment, the second issue I've also noticed the "Folder Picker" does not always apear.
Thank you.