[Ext] Add Bookmark Here ²

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Springtime

Re: [Ext] Add Bookmark Here ²

Post by Springtime »

I've noticed I can no longer cancel out of bookmarking a page.

Using Firefox 47 (Dev version) when using the bookmark page shortcut (in my case Ctrl+Shift+D) it will bookmark a page immediately. In previous versions it would only bookmark after the mouse clicked outside of dialog drop-down, and if the Esc key was pressed while the dialog was still open it would unstar.

Is this behavior possible to bring back, or is it some issue with the latest FF versions?

Thanks for the excellent addon.
Last edited by Springtime on October 24th, 2016, 5:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.
QonoS

Post by QonoS »

There is some interference between ABH2 and Firefox 45.0.2 on Mac OS X (10.6.8, if that matters).

Action:
Right click a bookmark in the Sidebar, choose Properties.

Expected result:
On Mac OS X, a sheet should drop down allowing property editing (name, location, etc).

Actual result:
1) The ABH dialog pops up
2) Sometimes, with multiple windows open, there is a switch to a new window
3) The ABH dialog box is not editable -- in other words, I can see the properties, but I can't edit them.

Disabling ABH in the Add-ons menu restores the expected behavior.

Many thanks! Great addon, just some minor code interference here I hope.

Edit: OK, this is weird. Just tried the UI again and it's editable now, apparently. At least some fields.

Is it expected behavior to get the ABH UI as opposed to the standard OS X sheet when editing/viewing properties for a bookmark or folder?
WhoMeNew

Post by WhoMeNew »

Might have missed he solution in this large discussion but my problem is that after a right click & clicking the opened context menu "ad book mark here" option, the normal window to set that page opens up BUT the bottom where the "done" button is situated cannot be seen. It is not visible and thus I cannot click the "done" to complete the ad bookmark process. Also the "done" window stays on the screen blocking my view of the page content behind it.

Any fix like maybe in options or however else?

Oh, and is there a written description of exactly what each ABH2 options page option does. Like in the "Main" tab's "menuitem" category @ the "choose [ad bookmark here] Position:" option has 3 sub-option choices of top, bottom or hidden. what is needed is a description of exactly what happens when each different sub-option is chosen. Anything like that exist? Yeah, this means I do not know what I am doing alright. Ha Ha

Thanks with bunches, whome. :)

EDIT: Uninstalled ABH2, restarted Fx, rebooted Win7x64 & installed ABH2. The odd "done" window problem disappeared. I can now see & click the "done" button & clear this window off the page.

Still would love to find out where to find a written description explaining each of the individual options in this addons options page!

Thx again, Whome

UPDATE: Hmmm!?! That pesky "done" window problem just resurfaced in about 5 minutes. So we are back to square on on that problem again. Sorry but its reality. ](*,) Whome
I yam what's I yam, and that's all what's I am.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

Springtime wrote:I've noticed I can no longer cancel out of bookmarking a page.

Using Firefox 47 (Dev version) when using the bookmark page shortcut (in my case Ctrl+Shift+D) it will bookmark a page immediately. In previous versions it would only bookmark after the mouse clicked outside of dialog drop-down, and if the Esc key was pressed while the dialog was still open it would unstar.

Is this behavior possible to bring back, or is it some issue with the latest FF versions?
Hmm...Firefox 47 seems trying change some bookmark behaviors.
If you are a Dev version user, and feel uncomfortable on those changes, you may directly report to Mozilla.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

QonoS wrote:There is some interference between ABH2 and Firefox 45.0.2 on Mac OS X (10.6.8, if that matters).

Action:
Right click a bookmark in the Sidebar, choose Properties.

Expected result:
On Mac OS X, a sheet should drop down allowing property editing (name, location, etc).

Actual result:
1) The ABH dialog pops up
2) Sometimes, with multiple windows open, there is a switch to a new window
3) The ABH dialog box is not editable -- in other words, I can see the properties, but I can't edit them.

Disabling ABH in the Add-ons menu restores the expected behavior.

Many thanks! Great addon, just some minor code interference here I hope.

Edit: OK, this is weird. Just tried the UI again and it's editable now, apparently. At least some fields.

Is it expected behavior to get the ABH UI as opposed to the standard OS X sheet when editing/viewing properties for a bookmark or folder?
Hello,
For 1. Yes, the ABH latest version replaced the Properties dialog with Bookmark Dialog.
For 2. Confirmed, when open multi windows. it will cause unexpected window switch.
Seems some people unlike the using Star UI replace Properties dialog idea. I should move it as a hidden option next version.
Thanks.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

WhoMeNew wrote:Might have missed he solution in this large discussion but my problem is that after a right click & clicking the opened context menu "ad book mark here" option, the normal window to set that page opens up BUT the bottom where the "done" button is situated cannot be seen. It is not visible and thus I cannot click the "done" to complete the ad bookmark process. Also the "done" window stays on the screen blocking my view of the page content behind it.
Any fix like maybe in options or however else?
Hello, if you can provide a screenshot that will help us to understand the problem.

If your problem is caused by dialog height exceeds screen size, you may try:
Type "about:config" on address bar, and [Enter], then .
Enter "extensions.abhere2.starUI.height" in Search field,

Now, you should see 3 settings:
extensions.abhere2.starUI.height.descriptionField
extensions.abhere2.starUI.height.folderTree
extensions.abhere2.starUI.height.tagsSelector

Right click on each item, and choose [Reset].

Tips: You can adjust above 3 height settings on Star UI, like this:

WhoMeNew wrote:Oh, and is there a written description of exactly what each ABH2 options page option does. Like in the "Main" tab's "menuitem" category @ the "choose [ad bookmark here] Position:" option has 3 sub-option choices of top, bottom or hidden. what is needed is a description of exactly what happens when each different sub-option is chosen.

ABH2 create a menuitem [Add Bookmark Here...] under each bookmarks folder's drop-down menu, you can choose where to placed the menuitem.

Tips: Right-click on STAR, it should popup ABH2 options dialog, then adjust the option you are interesting, and see what would changed when you try to bookmark a page.

ABH2 options dialog:
The Main tab describe options about [Add Bookmark Here...] itself.
The Panel tab describe options about Bookmark Dialog (Star UI).
The Menu tab describe options about the Bookmarks Menu|Folder.
The Advanced tab describe options about other advanced features.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

v41.20160423: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
+ Fixed: The "Bookmark Properties New UI" causes unexpected window switch if there are opened multiple windows.
+ Moved: Make "Bookmark Properties New UI" as a hidden option.
(about:config) extensions.abhere2.context.newpropui = false
Springtime

Post by Springtime »

yuoo2k wrote:Hmm...Firefox 47 seems trying change some bookmark behaviors.
If you are a Dev version user, and feel uncomfortable on those changes, you may directly report to Mozilla.
Do you know where I could get in touch with someone who would care about such a change? Bugzilla seems to only be for bugs, and even then there is often no progress for such things.

I actually thought the previous behavior was a feature of ABH2, which is why I had hoped it could be brought back.
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

Springtime wrote:Do you know where I could get in touch with someone who would care about such a change? Bugzilla seems to only be for bugs, and even then there is often no progress for such things.

I actually thought the previous behavior was a feature of ABH2, which is why I had hoped it could be brought back.
FYI, I found the bugzilla ticket which causes the change you mentioned:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1219794
Springtime

Post by Springtime »

yuoo2k wrote:FYI, I found the bugzilla ticket which causes the change you mentioned:
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1219794
Thanks so much for going to the trouble of finding this. Will continue the discussion there.

All the best.
Lisabon

Post by Lisabon »

yuoo2k
Hello!
Could you add new features to bookmarks:
- Update name
- Update url
This functionality is implemented in the Edit Bookmark Plus ( https://addons.mozilla.org/firefox/addo ... mark-plus/ )
Screenshot: https://addons.cdn.mozilla.net/user-med ... 1335838231

I really want to have this functional in Add Bookmark Here ²
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

Lisabon wrote:Could you add new features to bookmarks:
- Update name
- Update url
Hello, there is an extension which focused on the "Replace Bookmark" ability, try it:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefo ... bmreplace/
Lisabon

Post by Lisabon »

yuoo2k
"Replace Bookmark" ability, try it
No, thank you, this extension does not suit me. I want to get rid of the extension Edit Bookmark Plus and others like it (Replace Bookmark). My goal is to reduce the number of installed extensions. I would like you to add some functionality (Update name and Update url) of Edit Bookmark Plus to Add Bookmark Here ².
Is it possible to add this functionality (Update name and Update url) in the Add Bookmark Here ² or not? I think you it will not be difficult... I still hope that you will add me to the necessary functionality in your extension.
phkhgh

Post by phkhgh »

Hello yuoo2k,
As mentioned, the "Cancel" button is now missing from ABH2's UI, in Fx 47.0 final (Windows).
I'm using ABH 41.0.20160423 (automatically updated).

Really, if you hit Esc WHILE ABH pop up window is active window, ABH probably shouldn't just stick the bookmark in the "Bookmarks Menu" folder.
When it still had a cancel button, that was still the behavior if hit Esc instead of Cancel. Generally, if you escape out of a menu / screen, you don't want changes saved.
Is there any reason why that would be (is) different in ABH?

Are you using a firefox api for the add bookmark popup menu & tweaking it? Did they remove cancel button, or did you?

It's not the end of world, but cleaning the Bookmarks Menu folder is one more thing to do.

Thanks.
Magnus21

Post by Magnus21 »

Hello!

I want to bookmarked page always go in Unsorted bookmarks category, without any question or additional settings, like in prevoius versions of FF. So, I want next > when I click on the Star bookmarked page go directly to Unsorted bookmarks category, at the bottom of that category.

I find [Ext] Add Bookmark Here ², there is an option that I need, but bookmarked page go up to the unsorted category or in a selected folder in that category. Therefore, if there is an option to bookmarked page go at the bottom of unsorted bookmarks? Any solutions or some other add-on proposal?

Thanks in advance!