[Ext] Add Bookmark Here ²

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
avada

Re: [Ext] Add Bookmark Here ²

Post by avada »

L.A.R. Grizzly wrote:
mancode20 wrote:Thanks! It's looking like Waterfox might be worth checking out.
I just installed Waterfox 55.0.2 and it displays the Legacy warnings just like FX (it froze often when I opened the Add-ons Manager). It also disabled one of my extensions (the same one that FX disabled). I had high hopes, but it looks as if there's no difference between WF 55.0.2 and FX 55.0.2. :cry:
It's a custom build not a different browser, not even a fork. The meaningful functional differences are listed on the waterfox main page.
enbalmed wrote: The primary reason that I touched on it was to say that I'm willing to help maintain the current ABH2 code since viable browser options exist for which it should still be useable for at least another year.
Can you make it compatible with the FF56 branch? :)

(PS: Does Color That Site! happen to be one of your interests? It's also an abandoned addon that started to have issues.)
SergeGardien

Post by SergeGardien »

ABH breaks the "Bookmark all tabs" option (from the context menu; Ctrl-Shift-D) with the last FF update (55.0.3 of 25 August 2017).
I've disabled ABH and everything works as expected.

Please, take a look!
bonbonboi

Post by bonbonboi »

Causes RSS malfunction (Live Bookmarks)
FF V55.0.3 ADH V55.0.20170705
QonoS

Post by QonoS »

Same problem as SergeGardien (posted 27-Aug). ABH breaks Bookmark All Tabs on 55.0.3 (Mac). I presume SergeGardien is using Win since s/he used the Win key combo. Disabling ABH restores Bookmark All Tabs functionality.
billysmith95

Post by billysmith95 »

I cannot use "Bookmark All Tabs..." anymore.

When I right-click on a tab title, it gives me an option to bookmark all the tabs at once, but it gives me a blank folder name.
QonoS

Post by QonoS »

billysmith95 wrote:I cannot use "Bookmark All Tabs..." anymore.

When I right-click on a tab title, it gives me an option to bookmark all the tabs at once, but it gives me a blank folder name.
Looks like the same behavior as SergeGardien and I are experiencing. Haven't heard from the developer yet.
kemaku

Post by kemaku »

QonoS wrote:
billysmith95 wrote:I cannot use "Bookmark All Tabs..." anymore.

Looks like the same behavior as SergeGardien and I are experiencing. Haven't heard from the developer yet.

me too.

It's a problem, I use both a lot, A-L-O-T, I can not enfazise how much, I'm gona save this page with it...
I got to say that this plug in is fantastic, very very usefull when you have a lot of folders that I have acumulate for years, and that I use every day, every hour, and keep it organize fast.
I know is asking a lot to const fix the plug but it will be nice.
Thanks

pd: my english is what it is... I can not write code, I can't barely write english... :wink:
bonbonboi

Post by bonbonboi »

bonbonboi wrote:Causes RSS malfunction (Live Bookmarks)
FF V55.0.3 ADH V55.0.20170705
Nobody cares about that issue :shock:
Any way, I disabled the add-on until it get fixed, I use live bookmarks a lot of time :twisted:
dougjp

Post by dougjp »

FF 56 causes "Bookmark This Page" to open a small choice box which cannot be expanded in size. I think this is how the default browser works and therefore means FF56 has broken this valuable add-on. I'm going to try uninstall and re-install. If that restores the working of this invaluable add on, I'll be back to comment. Any other ideas?
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

re-installing wont help/change anything, its not compatible any more although flagged "Firefox 55.0 - 56.*"

when installing it requires a restart which tell me its neither jetpack or anything else for e10s.
and v56 is known to disable all not e10s extensions.
dougjp

Post by dougjp »

Is there any way of forcing a much longer default Page Bookmarked box size via about:config or some other working add-on, or any way to activate the ability to resize this small box after it opens? This has got to be the #1 annoyance in Firefox, at least for anyone who organizes their own bookmark saving folders and sub folders.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

maybe with a css and stylish, but that dropped with v57, then only userchrome.css is working. you have to ask someone else for code.
L.A.R. Grizzly

Post by L.A.R. Grizzly »

dougjp wrote:Is there any way of forcing a much longer default Page Bookmarked box size via about:config or some other working add-on, or any way to activate the ability to resize this small box after it opens? This has got to be the #1 annoyance in Firefox, at least for anyone who organizes their own bookmark saving folders and sub folders.
This userstyle works in FX 52esr. I don't know if its still viable in FX 56.

https://userstyles.org/styles/9029/keyw ... okmark-fx3

You might try this code to see if it still works:

Code: Select all

/* Firefox userChrome.css */

@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul");

/* Page Bookmarked, Edit This Bookmark */

#editBMPanel_locationRow
{ visibility: visible !important; } /* Location */

#editBMPanel_keywordRow
{ visibility: visible !important; } /* Keyword */

#editBMPanel_descriptionRow
{ visibility: visible !important; } /* Description */
Win7 Pro SP1 64 Bit
Comodo Internet Security
Pale Moon 33.0.2, Epyrus Mail 2.1.2, Firefox 115.9.1esr, Thunderbird 115.9.0, and SeaMonkey 2.53.18.2
N8uhu

Post by N8uhu »

Hi,

I really like this little add on an would be glad, if I could use it furthermore also with Firefox 56 and 57 later.
Please, may I expect that this add on will be updated for the new Firefox versions?

Best regards
N8uhu
avada

Post by avada »

@N8uhu
Nope. GUI modding like this will be impossible starting with FF57.