[ext] NoScript 1.1.4.6 - black & white edition

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
lulu135

Re: Isn't NoScript powerful than FlashBlock?

Post by lulu135 »

rigz wrote:Noscript can incorporate an option like "Block all Flash" irrespective of javascript being allowed / blocked for that site. And clicking on a placeholder (like ones seen in noscript as well as flashblock) can download the particular object... Why do we need two extensions when one can suffice?

(When will this feature be incorporated? [-o< )

I would really like this too!

NoScript already is 99% of flashblock. Please give us the rest!
therube

Post by therube »

NoScript 070325

I'm not certain that this is NoScript related, but (some, most, all?) links on www.Alltheweb.com & www.Altavista.com (both are "Yahoo" websites) will not work unless the site is allowed.

Instead of performing the intended function, (in my case), www.yahoo.com is loaded.

Note the convoluted URL's.
Is the use of something like those URL's XSS in & of itself?

Privacy Policy

Code: Select all

http://av.rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9ibyKbEnw1Gj.IAKTOBBqMX;_ylu=X3oDMTByZTUzbHE0BHBndANhdHdfd2ViX2hvbWUEc2VjA2Zvb3Rlcg--
/SIG=11ssou2o0/EXP=1175384388/**http%3a//privacy.yahoo.com/privacy/us/atw/

Babel Fish Translation

http://av.rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9ibyKtCnw1GLh4BJjNqCqMX;_ylu=X3oDMTA5a2djcGNwBHNlYwN0b29scw--/SIG=11jvr286j/EXP=
1175384258/**http%3a//babelfish.altavista.com/

Toolbar

http://av.rds.yahoo.com/_ylt=A9ibyKtCnw1GLh4BKjNqCqMX;_ylu=X3oDMTA5a2djcGNwBHNlYwN0b29scw--/SIG=11sj8c5v0/EXP=
1175384258/**http%3a//www.altavista.com/toolbar/default
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

Version 1.1.4.6.070322

Installed Sunday, March 25th on BonEcho 2.0.0.4pre that gets manually updated daily. On the Thursday March 29th update I lost my bookmarks for the first time ever, restored the backup, but I am having a problem with the entire list of bookmarks not appearing in the Sidebar until I resize the Sidebar; have never had this problem before. No joy with renaming localstore.rdf to get a fresh file. In trying to troubleshoot this problem I have disabled the two most recently installed extensions, and next would come the recently updated ones (updates are all done manually after researching what the update is for, and only for improvements - not merely for additional languages), among which is NoScript 070322, but disabling this extension is an absolute last resort.

Any possibility that NoScript could affect the Sidebar or the code for the sizing of the Sidebar?

Ed
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

the-edmeister wrote:Any possibility that NoScript could affect the Sidebar or the code for the sizing of the Sidebar?

Very remote.
Afer the sidebar is loaded, noscript installs some code to enable "Allow sites opened by bookmarks" and bookmarklet support.
However, this happens in a dedicated "load" DOM event listener, thus it shouldn't interfere with any display code.
Can you see any error in your JavaScript console?

Good luck and let me know, especially if disabling NoScript actually cures your symptom.

(BTW, there's a newer dev version, 1.1.4.6.070325)
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

Disabling first, and then uninstalling NoScript had no affect on the problem, neither did installing the new development version, so I am confident that NoScript isn't the cause or a contributor to the problem. The Error Console only shows minor errors with a few 'bumped' extensions, disabling those extensions one at a time got rid of the error but didn't affect the loss of the full display of bookmarks in the sidebar.

I'm either gonna live with it or create a new Profile to see if the problem reappears.

Ed
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
esenge1

Disable the allow scripts globally option in the popup menu?

Post by esenge1 »

Is there a way to disable the "Allow Scripts Globally (dangerous)" option in the menu? If there was one (possibly a setting buried in the dialog box or about:config), we could make it harder for others that use the computer to select it (and totally defeat the purpose of having noscript installed.)
Giorgio Maone

Re: Disable the allow scripts globally option in the popup m

Post by Giorgio Maone »

esenge1 wrote:Is there a way to disable the "Allow Scripts Globally (dangerous)" option in the menu? If there was one (possibly a setting buried in the dialog box or about:config), we could make it harder for others that use the computer to select it (and totally defeat the purpose of having noscript installed.)

Nothing hidden: just toggle the check on NoScript Options|Appearance|Context Menu|Allow Scripts Globally (dangerous).
ddin

opt-out getting noscript homepage after each update

Post by ddin »

I believe that Noscript is THE most important extension for firefox and that it should be integrated with the fox..

Fortunately, this addon is regularly updated, very often

I find it rather annoying that I get the noscript page opened by default after each update.
Would be nicer to have a button on the noscript entry in the extensions-manager to see the LATEST CHANGES only

Please consider... And thanks much for NoScript
Giorgio Maone

Re: opt-out getting noscript homepage after each update

Post by Giorgio Maone »

ddin wrote:I believe that Noscript is THE most important extension for firefox and that it should be integrated with the fox..

Fortunately, this addon is regularly updated, very often

I find it rather annoying that I get the noscript page opened by default after each update.

Remedy in FAQ 2.5.
ddin wrote:Would be nicer to have a button on the noscript entry in the extensions-manager to see the LATEST CHANGES only

On the bottom of the About NoScript dialog you find local links to Changelog and License :)
Kev_in

Post by Kev_in »

Since change from 1.1.4.5 to a newer version the following error occurs on multiple computers with XP pro SP2, fully patched:

Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Kev_in wrote:Since change from 1.1.4.5 to a newer version the following error occurs on multiple computers with XP pro SP2, fully patched:

It looks like a corrupted chrome.
Try to uninstall NoScript and reinstall it manually.

Good luck and let me know.
Kev_in

Post by Kev_in »

Giorgio Maone wrote:
Kev_in wrote:Since change from 1.1.4.5 to a newer version the following error occurs on multiple computers with XP pro SP2, fully patched:

It looks like a corrupted chrome.
Try to uninstall NoScript and reinstall it manually.

Good luck and let me know.

Thanks for reply, but no changes after uninstall and manually reinstall of NoScript.

What does "a corrupted chrome" mean?
Giorgio Maone

Post by Giorgio Maone »

Kev_in wrote:What does "a corrupted chrome" mean?

Either this or (worse) this.
Before proceeding with a profile migration, though, it may be worth a try to temporarily disabling XUL caching: just toggle nglayout.debug.disable_xul_cache to true in about:config, restart the browser, then restore it back to false.
Kev_in

Post by Kev_in »

I didn't have "nglayout.debug.disable_xul_cache", but I made one, with true, then restart and changed to false. No changes at all...
Kev_in

Post by Kev_in »

Ok, seems to occur in cause of a corrupted chrome. Now, I have created a new profile and noscript running without that error.

Thanks Giorgio!