[Ext] Console² 0.3.7+ [2007-05-12]

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

mrtech wrote:on ConsoleToolbox = toolbox object
on gToolbox = no result
window.arguments[0] = window.arguments has no properties
Hmm. When you right click on the toolbox, in addition to the Customize menu item, do you get menu items that allow you to show/hide individual toolbars?

Phil
mrtech

Post by mrtech »

yes and they work, but the customize doesn't, I'll see what's different about the macs dom for that page and will get back to you.
mel reyes • mrtech.com • BlogPlaxoLinkedInTwitter
Support mrtech.com get our toolbar
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

mrtech wrote:yes and they work, but the customize doesn't, I'll see what's different about the macs dom for that page and will get back to you.
That's interesting because the view/hide menu options also depend on a valid gToolbox variable and gToolbox is passed as an argument (window.arguments[0]) to the Customize Window. So either gToolbox exists in the global Console² scope or it doesn't, it can't just sometimes exist.

Phil
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

Another bug fix which you might want to port for the next version of Console²: bug 380422. Just add

Code: Select all

Evaluator.location = "chrome://console2/content/blank.html"; // reset the iframe
right before

Code: Select all

Evaluator.location = "javascript: " + code.replace(/%/g, "%25");
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

zeniko wrote:Another bug fix which you might want to port for the next version of Console²: bug 380422.
I could have sworn that this bug wasn't there when I scanned through bugzilla on Tuesday while I was updating Console². :P

Should I also change <code>Evaluator.location</code> to <code>Evaluator.contentWindow.location</code>?

Phil
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

Philip Chee wrote:Should I also change <code>Evaluator.location</code> to <code>Evaluator.contentWindow.location</code>?

No, your <code>Evaluator</code> isn't the same as the patch's <code>evaluator</code>. Yours is from the global scope polluter and thus (apparently) already references the iframe's contentWindow while the patch's is a reference to the iframe itself.

You could of course replace <code>Evaluator</code> with <code>_("Evaluator").contentWindow</code> to more closely match the original console's code...
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

zeniko wrote:No, your <code>Evaluator</code> isn't the same as the patch's <code>evaluator</code>. Yours is from the global scope polluter and thus (apparently) already references the iframe's contentWindow while the patch's is a reference to the iframe itself.
Interesting. Where do I go to read up on this sort of stuff (I mean besides reading the c++ code that implements an iframe).
zeniko wrote:You could of course replace <code>Evaluator</code> with <code>_("Evaluator").contentWindow</code> to more closely match the original console's code...
I think if it ain't broke I ain't gonna fix it.

Phil
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

Philip Chee wrote:Where do I go to read up on this sort of stuff

I'm not able to find much more than bug 256932, either. Guess you just have to know about it... There should be some references to that behavior in older JavaScript/DOM articles for Internet Explorer (where global scope pollution comes from).
JAB Creations

Post by JAB Creations »

I like the idea of this extension but it isn't working with the intention of my using it. I have allowed domains to post messages in the console as I don't want to look through the horde of atrocious coding errors from other sites I visit. It would make dealing with my errors easier and less time consuming. I have three domains allowed in the domain blocker so I would assume all other domains would be blocked from posting any messages in the console. Am I doing something wrong or is there just a bug or something? If I could get this to work it'd be really nice. :)
Here to mostly fix the browser's broken GUI. I maintain the Fixed Firefox website to share the things I've confirmed work.
old zeniko

Post by old zeniko »

JAB Creations wrote:I have three domains allowed in the domain blocker so I would assume all other domains would be blocked from posting any messages in the console.

That assumption currently doesn't hold true. You'll also have to block the pseudo-domain <code>*</code> to get the desired behavior (i.e. to block everything except what is specifically allowed).

Phil: The main reason for the Allow button (apart from this scenario) is to make it possible to block a whole domain except a subdomain (e.g. everything from <kbd>blogger.com</kbd> except <kbd>myblog.blogger.com</kbd>). The second reason why I wouldn't change this: now you can temporarily unblock a domain by double-clicking it and hitting Allow and later double-click it and hit Block again -- so if all entries in the domain blocker are set to be allowed, this might just be due to a user wanting to remember some domains without currently actually blocking them...
JAB Creations

Post by JAB Creations »

Thanks zeniko, this is working PERFECT now!
Here to mostly fix the browser's broken GUI. I maintain the Fixed Firefox website to share the things I've confirmed work.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

zeniko wrote:Phil: The main reason for the Allow button (apart from this scenario) is to make it possible to block a whole domain except a subdomain (e.g. everything from <kbd>blogger.com</kbd> except <kbd>myblog.blogger.com</kbd>).
Aha. I was wondering about that. One reason I haven't yet implemented persistent blocking for Thunderbird is that there wasn't a UI for removing items from the mBlocking list and I wasn't sure how the domain blocker UI worked for the domain list (in fact I still don't).

Phil
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Testing Version Now Available
<a href="http://downloads.mozdev.org/console2/console2-0.3.7+.xpi">console2-0.3.7+.xpi</a>
What's new:
  • [fix] <a href="https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=380422">bug 380422</a> The evaluating iframe may contain nuts (and other remainders).
  • [fix] <a href="https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=379439">bug 379439</a> When closing error console: assertion "XPConnect is being called on a scope without a 'Components' property!" (SeaMonkey only).
  • Added unofficial support for the eMusic Download Manager and Sunbird.
  • Added a Finnish locale (thanks to Kenmooda).

Phil
shirishag75

Post by shirishag75 »

I just made an unconfirmed bug report https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=386921 requesting if console2 (maybe rename to console3 perhaps) which works for firefox3.0alpha6 & beyond. Please look into it and do whatever is right (for the developers) . If there is a simple way to do it, would like to see it, if there are some features blocking it or some things which are needed, please add that or if its a duplicate request (maybe somebody requested before me) then that is also cool. Either way would be looking forward to seeing console2 (or console3) as the case maybe on ff3 :)
91.4.0esr on GNU/Linux as well as Windows :)
Extensions info. viewtopic.php?t=413910 - needs to be updated
http://flossexperiences.wordpress.com
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

http://console2.mozdev.org/ Please download and install the testing version: Console² 0.3.7+ (which contains the latest patches).

Phil