[Ext] Autofill Forms - Fill out web forms automatically.

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
cjastram

Re: [Ext] Autofill Forms - Fill out web forms automatically.

Post by cjastram »

Dynosaur wrote:I am a long-haul truck driver. Back in the '80s I attended San Francisco State University, majoring in Computer Science. I completed 102 units; but, unfortunately, failed to graduate. So, I do have some programming skills, rusty though they may be. I am hoping the following question is one that is within my abilities; and, more importantly, the capabilities of Autofill. Currently, I am unemployed. Every time I apply to a company they want me to fill out a Job Application form, with 10 year Work History as required by the Department of Transportation. To say the least, it proves tedious and time consuming to repeatedly fill out these forms that, while very similar, have slightly different phrasing of their questions. Now, the QUESTION: Is it possible to create a profile that would fill out a job application. One of the problems is multiple fields with the same title, i.e., Past Employers wherein a series of questions are ask over and over. If it were possible to create a variable 'visited' then write a If visited, then GoTo, else [complete employer info].

I would imagine this is asking too much of Autofill; if so, could somebody suggest a program capable of what I ask, yet within my limited abilities. Would Roboform be able to achieve this? I would like to thank in advance, anybody willing to take the time to point me in the right direction.

You can use AutoFill Forms to do some of what you want, possibly even as much as 80 percent, but AutoFills is a very simple extension in theory. Basically, it searchs for form fields named something specific or matching a pattern, and fills those fields with text. Autofill Forms doesn't really do any sort of "if/else" processing; however, you can likely accomplish much of what you want by matching fields.

I don't know enough about RoboForm to answer you on that question.

cej102937.
Dynosaur

Post by Dynosaur »

Cjastram,

Thank you for your post. I have, over the last day or so, become a little more familiar with Autofill and see that it is actually capable of much more than I had previously given it credit. But, it seems to me, that without a working knowledge of Javascript it will be a real challenge. My programming languages were limited to COBOL, Pascal, FORTRAN, BASIC (spaghetti-code), a college course C w/UNIX, some C++, and VAX assembly language. All of it limited to college coursework. It's frustrating to be capable of understanding how to possibly approach this and able to write the procedures in pseudocode; but totally ham-strung when it comes to getting beyond that. While the utility would be helpful, I look at this more as a project, or past-time. I have been thinking about a less than elegant hack using iMacros to tab through the fields entering incremented values to make each field unique and then writing another macro to do a copy and paste in conjunction with a search-and-replace. Maybe now y'all can understand why the Dynosaur Username---to go along with my stone-age coding skills.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Dynosaur wrote:My programming languages were limited to COBOL, Pascal, FORTRAN, BASIC (spaghetti-code), a college course C w/UNIX, some C++, and VAX assembly language.

At university, my programming languages were Algol68, FORTRAN, BCPL, and 6808 assembly language. And now I'm an active extension developer and an active SeaMonkey developer and some of my javascript code is being used in Firefox. So there is hope for us dinosaurs yet!

Phil
biatche

Post by biatche »

is autofill forms able to fill various forums registrations?

i just want common fields filled such as username, password, verify password, email, verify email... timezone if possible...
so sick of registering the many forums and having to refill them again and again

i wanna have one hotkey something like ctrl-} and walla.
jaegerschnitzel

Post by jaegerschnitzel »

Hello I have a question.
I created a rule with my first name, last name and mail address.
Now my mail address should be created out of my first and my last name.

mail address:
firstname.lastname@yahoo.com

I hope someone can help me!
yoman234

Post by yoman234 »

hi

how do complete the form on this site https://post.craigslist.org/atl/S/cto/none/x ?
lovek

Post by lovek »

hi,

any way to fill the forms fields with a random value from same values I can add?

something like :
field : (?:url)
value : (something) OR (something) OR (something) ...

Regards,

autofill forms is great !
floutsch

Post by floutsch »

Hi there,
I use Autofill to test sign-up processes at work. For that purpose I set the browser's accepted languages using Quick Locale Switcher (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1333). The point is that I'm usign a switch statement to select a country from a dropdown list according to the language set as accepted.

At the moment I use:
switch(navigator.language) { case 'de-DE': value = '(?:^38$)'; break; [MORE CASES AND BREAKS] }

But that's the language of the browser which I don't want to change during my tests. Firefox with a Chinese interface gets tricky to use :) I figure instead of "navigator.language" I'd better use "intl.accept_languages.match(/^[^,]*/)" (Quick Locale Switcher is configured to put the actually accepted language always at the beginning) or just "intl.accept_languages" as in my case I always know the full string already, just the part before the first comma changes.

But that seems to do nothing. Am I accessing the settings incorrectly or am I in the wrong scope? I'd think inside an addon I can access the settings at least for reading them...

Help would be greatly appreciated,
Floutsch
chrisjj

Add-on to save and load form input?

Post by chrisjj »

I want one command to save the current input values of the current form and another command to reload them into a future instance of the same form. As per e.g. the Autofill feature of Avant Browser. As I understand it, "Autofill Forms" doesn't support this. Can anyone suggest a Firefox add-on that does? Thanks.
Recoil Rob

Post by Recoil Rob »

I just installed Auto Fill Forms and for about the first two windows I opened I had an AutoFill icon, now it's disappeared, it's not on the View/Toolbars/Customize list.

Apparently I could remedy this if I could access the INTERFACE screen but it comes up cutoff

What to do?

Using Mac 10.5.7
Recoil Rob

Re:

Post by Recoil Rob »

madblueimp wrote:
mvhetes wrote:The icon simply does not show up in the Firefox toolbar
What is missing here? Should have installed something else first?

You need to add the toolbar button to your toolbar manually:

How to add the toolbar button to the toolbar:
* Right-click on your toolbar.
* Choose 'Customize...' from the context menu.
* Drag and Drop the Autofill Forms button on your toolbar.

What about when the icon doesn't show up in the Customize menu?
chrisjj

Autofill Forms - failure of radio button

Post by chrisjj »

Can anyone help me get AFF to work on this radio button?

On this page
I do "Add complete form as profile..." and get
Then I do CTRL+R to clear the input, and click the AFF pencil. I expect AFF to depress the Option 1 radio button but instead I get
i.e. an unwanted (and undocumented AFAICS) "Select Alternative" dialog.

Thanks.
chrisjj

Re: Autofill Forms - failure of radio button

Post by chrisjj »

Fixed by deleting the Option 1 rule.

I'd be interested to know why this rule caused failure. Some interaction perhaps with the Credit/Debit/ELV number field fill itself causing Option 1 depression??
firex726

Post by firex726 »

Hello,

I have tried searching through the archives and this forum for assistance on this, but I cant find anything that would relate.

I am trying to get Autofill to select a specific option on a drop down box. But have it not dependent on the value of that option.
The actual value will be different each time, but I'd like it to select whatever is the third option.

First Visit:
Options:
3 (Select this one)

Second Visit:
Options:
6 (Select this one)

---------

As you can see I can't make it dependent on the value as it changes, but the number of options I have will remain the same.
tav_s

Post by tav_s »

I have an issue with my State in forms... When I am presented with a drop down list to choose my state from, it gives me alternatives, which are from the drop down list with the initials to my state... Is there any way to bypass this?

Example: My state = MI, so when I click to autofill, it asks for alternatives giving me Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Missouri and Wyoming as alternatives...

How can I make it so that it only uses the state I select in the AFF settings?