[Ext] Autofill Forms - Fill out web forms automatically.

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
grizfan

Post by grizfan »

madblueimp wrote:There is the "Field Specifications for E-Commerce" (RFC3106):
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3106

Perfect, thanks! I remember seeing that a while back, but never had the chance to follow up. Then, I couldn't find it any more.

thanks again for the help!
RossM

Post by RossM »

I have just installed Mozilla V2.0.0.4 and find that Autofill 0.3 won't work. What are my options?
LeeStewart

Post by LeeStewart »

Hi...
I've just upgraded from old Autofill to Autofill Forms and it does everything the old one did and more --- except... I liked the way the old Autofill shaded the fields it could fill in so you knew what was going to be filled in before you did it... Is there an option to do that or something similar in Autofill Forms? And if not can I request it be added to the wishlist?
Thanks, Lee
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

RossM wrote:I have just installed Mozilla V2.0.0.4 and find that Autofill 0.3 won't work. What are my options?

To help you we need more information than just "It doesn't work". You might perhaps tell us what you did after installing the extension?

If you just can't find the toolbar button:
How to add the toolbar button to the toolbar:
* Right-click on your toolbar.
* Choose 'Customize...' from the context menu.
* Drag and Drop the Autofill Forms button on your toolbar.

LeeStewart wrote:Hi...
I've just upgraded from old Autofill to Autofill Forms and it does everything the old one did and more --- except... I liked the way the old Autofill shaded the fields it could fill in so you knew what was going to be filled in before you did it... Is there an option to do that or something similar in Autofill Forms? And if not can I request it be added to the wishlist?
Thanks, Lee

Autofill Forms is not the successor to the Autofill Extension - it is an independent and quite new Firefox Add-on.
In my opinion, one of the advantages of Autofill Forms is its low resource usage - in fact it is not active at all while surfing - only when clicking the toolbar button (or performing the keyboard shortcut).
Not every Extension developer has performance in mind and thus if you install a whole bunch of extensions Firefox might become rather slow.

So, if Autofill Forms would highlight the form fields it can fill in it would have to be active on every page load. Secure Login (my other extension) has this option - but the comparisons SL has to make don't need much time - Autofill Forms makes use of a whole set of regular expressions and this is perhaps too much to be done on every form loaded.
bluescript

Post by bluescript »

Let me pick up on the suggested feature of highlighting form fields:

While I agree that highlighting the form fields which can be automatically filled in is probably too much a drag on performance, highlighting does make sense in another scenario: it would be a good idea to highlight fields that HAVE BEEN filled in automatically - so as to see at a single glance which fields were filled in and which weren't.

I for one would greatly appreciate if you could implement such a feature into Autofill Forms. I have been using fireform up until now but am currently giving Autofill Forms a try - and I do like it already. Its far superior to fireform in terms of usability but there's also one or the other functional issue that looks better in Autofill Forms.

Please consider this a serious feature request. I reckon it wouldn't take that much work implementing it either, would it?
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

bluescript wrote:While I agree that highlighting the form fields which can be automatically filled in is probably too much a drag on performance, highlighting does make sense in another scenario: it would be a good idea to highlight fields that HAVE BEEN filled in automatically - so as to see at a single glance which fields were filled in and which weren't.
[...]
Please consider this a serious feature request. I reckon it wouldn't take that much work implementing it either, would it?

Personally I don't find it that useful to highlight the form fields that have been filled in automatically, but I will likely implement it for one of the next versions.
Might be this option will only accessible using about:config first (not visible on the options pane) but fully customizable on the other hand.
bluescript

Post by bluescript »

that's great news. thanks a lot!
RossM

Post by RossM »

I have now installed Autofill Forms and this works OK.
lowrykun

Default Profile

Post by lowrykun »

Is there somewhere I could download a default (or enhanced) profile? I seem to have deleted mine by accident. Removing and reinstalling the Add-On didn't help.

Thanks,

jason
mvhetes

Post by mvhetes »

I just did the same thing. (LOL)

If there were some sort of FAQ file or Help section on setting these up [somewhere on this site] for us newbies it would be appreciated. That is, if I hadn't already missed it.
lowrykun

Post by lowrykun »

I restored it finally by unzipping the xpi file. Then unzipping the autofillforms.jar. Then found the defaults in the locale/en-US/autofillForms.properties

I copied the extensions.autofillForms@blueimp.net.fieldRules to a new file, replaced the \n with carriage returns (%s/\\n/\r/g), then used the Import Profile under the Advanced Tab.
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

If you accidentally deleted the default profile:

You can always reset all Autofill Forms settings using about:config:

1. Put "about:config" in your address bar and enter
2. Filter the displayed settings using the string "autofillForms@blueimp.net"
3. Right-click on "extensions.autofillForms@blueimp.net.fieldRules" and choose "Reset"

(Make sure you disable encryption before doing that)
mvhetes

Post by mvhetes »

It seems to work just fine! Thanks for the help!
menet

Post by menet »

Hi Sebastian,

here is my first remark about your AutoFill Forms extension :

I have today only one AF profile (default), I have exported it to a text file. Then in another PC, i have imported this profile. After that, I have 2 "default" profile. :!:

You should add a question before doing the import, to ask if we want to replace the profile if it already exists.

I have added a new form, dateformat, that i have customized with "l d F Y à H:i:s" to put it in my forums profile to customize the date format to the French view. I had always to remember this format before. :twisted:

Best regards ;)