[Ext] Autofill Forms - Fill out web forms automatically.

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

MiloShapiro wrote:I'm not familiar with the formatting of rules, but I went back and took a chance that I needed to put "userID" and "userPin" in the fieldRule field as well.

There's also a simple rule editor integrated, which helps you to create custom rules - most of the time though, it's enough just to input the "name" attribute, as you did.

MiloShapiro wrote:New question, now that I'm excited about using this: On the second screen that I go to, I have to enter a beginDate and an endDate. The end date will vary, but 99% of the time, beginDate is today's date. Is there anything I can put in the fieldRule such that it would prefill with today's date in mm/dd/yyyy format?

Well, not currently - but that's a feature I could possibly implement.

MiloShapiro wrote:If you'd prefer to take this offline, I've temporarily posted my email address for you at http://www.improventures.com/play/play2.htm . Or if you feel this is valuable for others. that's fine too!

No, thank you - I prefer using the forum, as most of the questions asked about the Firefox Extensions might help other users too - and not only mozillazine users but as well users using search engines.
Another benefit of using the forums for support requests is the possibility of users helping users.
(well this have been two sentences with a lot of "use" words in it :D)
gemal

Server error on update.rdf

Post by gemal »

when I go to:
https://blueimp.net/mozilla/update.rdf?itemid=%ITEM_ID%&itemversion=%ITEM_VERSION%&appid=%APP_ID%&appversion=%APP_VERSION%&appos=%APP_OS%
I get an error
Henrik Gemal
Mozilla Evangelist
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

This is just the updateURL included in the Secure Login and Autofill Forms extension. The fields beginning and ending with "%" are substituted with the values set in your Firefox version when checking for updates.

If you're searching for the homepage URL, it is the following:
https://blueimp.net/mozilla/
harrisp9

Hi madblueimp

Post by harrisp9 »

Hey, great toolbar addon for autofills!! Hey I am looking for an autofill program that could help me alot. I want to extract information from a page and then be able to paste it (autofill it) into a forum with text boxes and checkboxes. It would be great if it could interpret the the page it is getting information from, say if the page has the text "THISTEXT" if it could recognize that and then check a checkbox next to "THISTEXT" in the page it autofills. It's kind of hard to say what I'm looking for, but have you ever heard of something like this? I would need to be able to do it quickly and many times over. Please reply!!

-Paul
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

Hmm, there are some add-ons which save text snippets and are able to insert them in a web form - but as far as I know there's no extension like what you're looking for.
Perhaps you should post such a suggestion on the "Extension Development" subforum.
MiloShapiro

Milo: Autofill working in some webpages but not others

Post by MiloShapiro »

I'll try to describe this well, but since a picture is worth a thousand words, I've pasted a visual at http://www.improventures.com/play/play2.htm as well.

On website A, the fields to prefill are `userID` and `userPIN`. On unrelated website B, the fields to fill are `txtUserID` and a password field that does not reveal its name when I use 'display form details' (nor can I find either field when i do "view source" on the page). I took a guess that the field was called "password", though, and that seems to work.

Here's the problem: Autofill works great on website A. On website B, though, it puts the value of userID into the txtUserID field. I've checked repeatedly that the right value is in txtUserID so why might this be happening?

Also, why might the 'display form details' not show the name of a field on that screen?

Thanks!
Milo in San Diego
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

Thanks for the good explanation of your problem, Milo - the only thing missing was the website url.
If there is a problem with a specific website please post the url, so I can test it myself.
Nevertheless, using sentences and part of the url from your screenshot in search queries I found it out myself - felt a bit like detective work. ;)

Now to your problem:

Actually, the password field details are shown with 'display form details'. You don't see it because the login form on that page is in fact another frame displayed with fixed size and without scroll bars - and therefore the details can't be seen completely.
To make them visible, either open the frame in it's own window (right-click => This Frame => Show only this Frame), or disable the page style ( => View => Page Style => No Style).

Your fieldRule for txtUserID is "txtUserID", as I can see from your screenshot. I guess your fieldRule for userID is "userID". As I can see on your screenshot, the rule for userID is higher in the list than the rule for txtUserID.
As stated in the provided help, the fieldRules are Regular Expressions which are used case insensitive - and thererore the "name"-attribute "txtUserID" matches not only with txtUserID, but as well with userID. And as userID is higher in the list, it is used before the txtUserID rule is tested.

A solution would be one of the following:
- Place txtUserID higher than userID in the rules list (Generally, you should place more specific rules higher than more general rules)
- Use a "^" in front of the userID rule (this is made automatically if you use the rule editor and choose "begins with")

Greetings to San Diego,

Sebastian
aaronwilliam

Checkbox help

Post by aaronwilliam »

I am wanting to use this add on to check 10 checkboxes per page on pages that are returned from a database subscription. The search results are displayed 10 per page, and each result that I want to download needs to be checked. I would like to auto check the boxes. Here is some of the code from the show source on the page </tr><tr><td><input></td><td><a href="javascript:__doPostBack('dgSelect$_ctl3$_ctl0','')" The rest of the checkboxes are numbered similary , there is a ctl4 through to ctl12. The value was "on". Do I need to post any other info ? I just have never used an add on and cannot get the checkboxes to be checked by setting this up. I would like to be able to check all 10 boxes by hitting one hot key if possible. Any help is much appreciated! Thanks, Aaron
MiloShapiro

Post by MiloShapiro »

Note: Screen prints on this problem are visible at http://www.improventures.com/play/play2.htm.
all data there has been changed for my protection and i'll use the fake data in my description below.

I'm using Autofill more and more, but I'm still hitting a few roadblocks.
I wanted to pre-fill this screen with Autofill, so I set up entries for userID and userPwd. As you can see in the screen prints. those ARE the names of the fields on this screen.

Knowing that I use the field userID on some other screens and want different values sometimes, i put in the website in the siterule field of each. It converted some of the characters from / to \/, but since i've seen that work before, i wasn't concerned.

Well, it works fine for userPwd, but for userID, it goes right past the new entry (which is in the top position),
past another userID where I signify as specific different website, and chooses the option for userID which
is a generic for no website given.

I can't figure out why it's not using that first entry. Thanks!

PS: Is there an easy way to transfer all my autofill entries from my tower to my laptop so I don't have the reenter them all?
Milo in San Diego
madblueimp

Re: Checkbox help

Post by madblueimp »

aaronwilliam wrote:Here is some of the code from the show source on the page </tr><tr><td><input></td><td><a href="javascript:__doPostBack('dgSelect$_ctl3$_ctl0','')" The rest of the checkboxes are numbered similary , there is a ctl4 through to ctl12. The value was "on". Do I need to post any other info ?

Sorry, the code you posted is not enough - best you post a link to the page if possible.
Like explained in the help of Autofill Forms, all you need to check a checkbox is the "name" attribute and the "value" of the input element. They're shown if you click on the button labeled "Display form details".
From the code fragment you posted it seems like these values are set by JavaScript - the input element seems not to have any name or value so far.

MiloShapiro wrote:I wanted to pre-fill this screen with Autofill, so I set up entries for userID and userPwd. As you can see in the screen prints. those ARE the names of the fields on this screen.

Knowing that I use the field userID on some other screens and want different values sometimes, i put in the website in the siterule field of each. It converted some of the characters from / to \/, but since i've seen that work before, i wasn't concerned.

Well, it works fine for userPwd, but for userID, it goes right past the new entry (which is in the top position),
past another userID where I signify as specific different website, and chooses the option for userID which
is a generic for no website given.

I can't figure out why it's not using that first entry. Thanks!

The reason why it goes past your first entry is the siteRule you defined. The siteRule will in fact match the url

Code: Select all

https://www.mystreetscape.com/my/wmfinancial
but this is not the url of the login form.
If you do a right-click on the login form and select => This Frame => Frame Info you will see the real Address, which is

https://login.mystreetscape.com/ftgw/Fas/nf/SSCorrClient/Login/Init/df.chf.ra/my_wmfinancial

This is one of the reasons frames should not be used by webdevelopers - they hide the real source of the webpage data.

By the way, you should use "^" in front of your siteRules - this way you can make sure the url's really begin with you're defined string - else they would also match a url like this:

http://bad.example.org?url=https://banking.example.org

Best just use the provided "Rule Editor" - it helps to build these rules.

MiloShapiro wrote:PS: Is there an easy way to transfer all my autofill entries from my tower to my laptop so I don't have the reenter them all?

Yes - just use the "Export current Profile"/"Import Profile" features on the "Advanced" tab on the preferences pane.
aaronwilliam

checkbox help

Post by aaronwilliam »

Me again. I do not think I can post a link to the URL because it is a login protected site. I did the display forms and copied and pasted the info that became highlighted under each checkbox, I only am posting two since the rest are the same except for the number.

name="dgSelect:_ctl3:cbSelect" value="on"
name="dgSelect:_ctl4:cbSelect" value="on"

I am currently trying to get this to work using firefox on a mac. If this is a problem let me know and I will try it on a windows computer. I entered the above name and value in their respective places, both with quotes and without, neither way worked.

Any idea where I went wrong? Thanks, AaronW

I will copy and paste the source code that is refering to one of the checkboxes in question, hope it works and is not too long (I had to delete some of the brackets and such so it would show up in the post):
</tr><tr>

input name="dgSelect:_ctl3:cbSelect" type="checkbox" id="dgSelect__ctl3_cbSelect" / ><a href="javascript:__doPostBack('dgSelect$_ctl3$_ctl0','') Davi Nails</a></td><td> </td><td>4545 W 6th Ave</td><td>74074</td><td>Stillwater</td><td>OK</td><td>405-372-0072</td><td>C005</td><td>7231-02</td><td>DBA</td>
</tr><tr>
madblueimp

Re: checkbox help

Post by madblueimp »

aaronwilliam wrote:name="dgSelect:_ctl3:cbSelect" value="on"
name="dgSelect:_ctl4:cbSelect" value="on"

Thanks - this is just what is needed to define the fieldRules.
For the given fields, you would enter the following:

Name: WHATEVERYOUWANT
Value: on
Field rule: dgSelect:_ctl3:cbSelect

Name: WHATEVERYOUWANT
Value: on
Field rule: dgSelect:_ctl4:cbSelect

aaronwilliam wrote:I am currently trying to get this to work using firefox on a mac. If this is a problem let me know and I will try it on a windows computer.

No, this shouldn't be a problem - Firefox extension development is quite platform independent (I'm developing on Xubuntu Linux, for example).

aaronwilliam wrote:I entered the above name and value in their respective places, both with quotes and without, neither way worked.

Quotes are not needed, respectively they may not use for correct fieldRules. Perhaps you mistook the "name" field in the fieldRules list for the "name" attribute of the input field.
Like explained in the provided help for Autofill Forms, the "name" attribute is used for the field rule field - the "Name" in the list is just a label.
sitemeister

Post by sitemeister »

OK, I must be missing something very simple here, but it's driving me nuts. I have a profile created for submitting website info to search directories. Although I have separate
form fields for "email address" and "website URL", whichever one is above the other receives both values. IOW, if email address is above URL then the email address gets pasted into both the URL and email address field and vice versa if the URL field is above the email field. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: btw, here's an example of a site I'm having trouble with, although I've tried it on multiple sites:

http://submit2.jayde.com/
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

The page you provided worked for me using the default fieldRules for E-Mail and Website coming with Autofill Forms.

If you defined your own rules it would help me if you would post the fieldRules you used.

Else you could just copy the appropriate fieldRules from the standard profile.
sitemeister

Post by sitemeister »

OK, I copied the default rules into the email address and url fields and it's working! I don't fully understand the rules stuff, but as long as it's working.......thanks!