[Ext] Autofill Forms - Fill out web forms automatically.

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

The german translation has been included by default cause I'm german. ;)
Credits for improvements go to Oliver Roth from Team erweiterungen.de.
If you're speaking german better than english feel free to base your translation on the german localization which is in fact the original localization. :)
jesuspportillo

Post by jesuspportillo »

Actully i'm not speak german, sorry

I used a traslator (Reverso Software), to understand some things.
wilsonkwok

Auto Fill (for the entire browser)

Post by wilsonkwok »

Great Add-on.

I just want to ask if you can implement a function which apply the auto-fill to ALL tabs on an active browser.
As I need to fill in the same information on A LOT of website at the same time, I usually opened 100+ tabs, and have to auto-fill each tab one by one.

Thanks for your help.
madblueimp

Re: Auto Fill (for the entire browser)

Post by madblueimp »

wilsonkwok wrote:I just want to ask if you can implement a function which apply the auto-fill to ALL tabs on an active browser.

Implemented it right away as an optional about:config setting ("extensions.autofillForms@blueimp.net.fillAllTabs") - will be available with the upcoming version 0.7 which is finished but awaits some localizations to be done yet.

wilsonkwok wrote:As I need to fill in the same information on A LOT of website at the same time, I usually opened 100+ tabs, and have to auto-fill each tab one by one.

100+ open tabs? I'm curious what kind of forms you'd like to fill in with Autofill Forms - perhaps directory entries for Search Engine Optimization?

A changelog preview of the features coming with the next version:
Version 0.7 (?.07.2007):
-------------------------------

New features:
- Added possibility to deselect checkboxes/radio buttons by deactivating the "Overwrite" setting
- Added support for dynamic tags which can be used to insert dynamic data in form fields, e.g. the current date
- Added possibility to fill out forms on all open tabs via about:config setting "fillAllTabs"
- Added confirmation dialog before deleting a profile
- Removed "Apply" button for field rules - field rules are now updated as soon as the textboxes lose focus
- Updated documentation
jesuspportillo

Source Code ONIDEX Form

Post by jesuspportillo »

Here in Venezuela all legal things are corrupted

There is an example:

ONIDEX is our Nacional Department for Immigration and Identification Services
There are 18.000 daily forms to get a passport (In Venezuela the passport changes every 2 years!).

There exit two ways to get a passport

Pay from 40$ to 60$ dollars for each passport form

OR

Some people spend their time to get a passport official form and have to "live about six month of their life" (from wednesday to friday), trying to get the form on the ONIDEX web page because they DON'T WANT TO PAY.

And there exist an hidden deal:

- Some people pays from 40$ to 60$ dollars for each passport form to the "computer experts" who gets the passport.

- The "computer experts" pays a commission to the ONIDEX employees

- The "computer experts" get a generous percentage of the daily forms.

If you don't believe me just see the venezuelan poverty on this Flickr photo: http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id ... 167&size=o

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finally, there is the ONIDEX source code:
http://files.openomy.com/public/jesuspp ... or_ced.txt

(Right Mouse Click to Save)
JulianL

Post by JulianL »

After you (madblueimp) kindly implemented my request for alternative values for fields (way back on page 2 of this thread) I'm embarassed to say that only now have I got round to seriously looking at moving from Roboform to Autofill. I'm liking Autofill a lot but there's one big shortcoming for me compared with Roboform. I would really like the option, like Roboform, to either just fill in form fields or to fill them and then press the submit (or OK or login or whatever) button so that for instance you could log yourself into a site with a single click on the Autofill button.

I'll describe the way this works in Roboform first, just for reference, and then my suggestion as to how to implement a version that would actually be more flexible for Autofill. I've even learned my lesson from our discussions earlier in this thread about the alternative values and this time I think my suggestion preserves backwards compatibility with existing Autofill rule sets.

The way Roboform works (slightly simplified) is that you can set a global setting that determines, when you click on the RoboForm toolbar button, whether Roboform will just fill the form or whether it will do a "fill & submit" (i.e. fill the form fields and then press the submit/login button). I have my Roboform set to "fill & submit" but if for a certain site I decide I just want a fill (no submit) then I can hover the mouse over the Roboform toolbar button and at that point I get a pane appear below the button that gives me the option to either fill or fill & submit for that particular time.

I suggest that a more flexible way to do this would be to allow the user to explicitly define on a site-by-site basis as to whether they want an auto-submit on that site. It seems to me that the ideal way to do this would be to define a special type of Autofill rule, probably identified by a special name, maybe "AutoSubmit <name>", i.e. the rule name must always start with "AutoSubmit" and then Autofill knows to treat it specially.

An AutoSubmit rule will have exactly the same fields as a regular rule, hence no backward compatibility issues (unless a user already has a rule starting with "AutoSubmit" but hopefully that is unlikely). The Site field in a rule would work exactly as now so this is where the user defines what site or sites should trigger this rule. I must admit that I don't know how Roboform identifies which button to press but I'm guessing/hoping that buttons on a web page also have names associated with them, like fields, so maybe you could just have a "Display Button Details" button, or have the "Display Form Details" also show button details, and then the Field part of the AutoSubmit rule would just have the name of the object to auto-press.

The final part of this would be to force all the Autofill rules to go to the end of the rule list so that your current algorithm is totally unchanged except that it detects the end of the rule set as being either the end of the rules or the first "AutoSubmit ..." rule it finds, whichever comes first. Finally, once your existing algorithm has finished, you then go on to search the Autofill rules for a site match and, if you get a match, you press the specified button.

Apart from the fact that I'm unclear and only guessing as to how to identify what button to press, it seems to me that the above would add some really valuable functionality, be totally invisible to existing users who don't want or need this, and require no changes to the current rule format.

What do you think?

- Julian
madblueimp

Re: Source Code ONIDEX Form

Post by madblueimp »

jesuspportillo wrote:Finally, there is the ONIDEX source code:
http://files.openomy.com/public/jesuspp ... or_ced.txt

I get a "404: Not Found" Error on your file.

JulianL wrote:I'm liking Autofill a lot but there's one big shortcoming for me compared with Roboform. I would really like the option, like Roboform, to either just fill in form fields or to fill them and then press the submit (or OK or login or whatever) button so that for instance you could log yourself into a site with a single click on the Autofill button.

OK, for my answer I must tell you first the history of Autofill Forms. ;)
I started developing Firefox Extensions early this year (January 2007) with Secure Login. I missed Opera's "Wand" feature and decided to implement it for Firefox. On top of that I don't like Firefox behavior to fill in passwords automatically without user interaction - I think this is a security risk.
Then, at the end of march a Secure Login user (his name is Christopher Bolin) asked me if I could add a functionality similar to that of Autofill which seems to be abandoned from its developers.
I decided to do it but rather implement a independent Firefox extension - Autofill Forms.
Therefore, Autofill Forms has always been a supplement to Secure Login. From the download stats I guess it's nowadays more users using Autofill Forms than Secure Login and AF doesn't require SL (or the other way round).

But to get back to your request:
If you want a full login and form manager, a replacement for Roboform, I would suggest to use Secure Login and Autofill Forms in combination:
- Since version 0.8 Secure Login offers Autofill Forms integration - there is an option to call AF every time SL is called.
- Secure Login is capable to log you in automatically since the first version (0.1).
- Secure Login integrates with Firefox password manager

Thank you for your suggestion about the "Autosubmit" rule extension. But I think using Secure Login in conjunction with Autofill Forms gives you what you want:
- You can call SL (and with it AF) when you want to login automatically
- You can call just AF if you don't want to login automatically
JulianL

Post by JulianL »

Thanks for that. SL + AF does what I need some of the time, but unfortunately not all of the time. This isn't your fault, I assume it's a problem with Firefox password manager, but for quite a few of my sites (e.g. https://www.morganstanleycard.co.uk/uklogin) SL just doesn't see the login fields, presumeably because the underlying Firefox password stuff doesn't see them, and so the only way I can fill them in is with AF at which point I've then lost the Autosubmit capability.

- Julian
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

JulianL wrote:Thanks for that. SL + AF does what I need some of the time, but unfortunately not all of the time. This isn't your fault, I assume it's a problem with Firefox password manager, but for quite a few of my sites (e.g. https://www.morganstanleycard.co.uk/uklogin) SL just doesn't see the login fields, presumeably because the underlying Firefox password stuff doesn't see them, and so the only way I can fill them in is with AF at which point I've then lost the Autosubmit capability.

It's not SL that doesn't see the login fields but, as you assumed already, relies to Firefox Password Manager (which is used by SL), which does not save passwords for sites like this one ( https://www.morganstanleycard.co.uk/uklogin/loadlogin ) intentionally.
This means, Firefox Password manager gives webdevelopers the possibility to disallow password saving by adding the attribute autocomplete="off" to a login form.

Luckily it is still possible to save passwords for these sites - like explained in the <a href="jar:jar:https://blueimp.net/mozilla/xpi/secure_login-0.8.1.2-fx.xpi!/chrome/securelogin.jar!/content/help/secureLoginFAQ.xhtml">FAQ of Secure Login</a>:
Why doesn't Firefox password manager ask me to save passwords for some websites?
Some websites prevent this by adding the 'autocomplete' attribute to the form or the form fields and setting it to 'off'. Removing this attribute from the login page document will allow you to save passwords nonetheless. You can use a so-called 'Bookmarklet' to achieve this.
* Remember Password Bookmarklet
* Bookmarklet - Wikipedia
jesuspportillo

ONIDEX FORMS

Post by jesuspportillo »

I'm really sorry

Just see!!!, actually the source code says "An error was produced and we're unable to process your request. We're sorry for the inconveniences"

This is the last source code who don't says "Se produjo un error y no se pudo procesar su solicitud. Disculpe las molestias que esto le pueda ocasionar."

http://www.bigupload.com/d=3BCEA4DC
madblueimp

Re: ONIDEX FORMS

Post by madblueimp »

jesuspportillo wrote:I'm really sorry

Just see!!!, actually the source code says "An error was produced and we're unable to process your request. We're sorry for the inconveniences"

This is the last source code who don't says "Se produjo un error y no se pudo procesar su solicitud. Disculpe las molestias que esto le pueda ocasionar."

I'm sorry, this source doesn't help as it doesn't contain the referenced JavaScript files.
I guess the forms are created by JavaScript, as I didn't find any visible input fields in the source code you uploaded (only "hidden" and "submit" input types).
madblueimp

Re: ONIDEX FORMS

Post by madblueimp »

jesuspportillo wrote:I'm really sorry

I'm sorry, this source doesn't help as it doesn't contain the referenced JavaScript files.
I guess the forms are created by JavaScript, as I didn't find any visible input fields in the source code you uploaded (only "hidden" and "submit" input types).
gakochan

Display Form Details on shortcut

Post by gakochan »

Auto-fill forms is FANTASTIC -- thank you.

May I suggest having a shortcut key bound to "Display form details" so we can easily toggle that on and off while we customise the rules?

Many thanks!
Toby
madblueimp

Post by madblueimp »

I'm not sure - I don't want to add it as a global shortcut (to avoid conflicts with Firefox predefined shortcuts and other extensions), but I'm searching for a way to add a menu shortcut that will work when the Autofill Forms window is active.
gakochan

keyboard shortcut on Mac

Post by gakochan »

Sorry if this is a silly question... BUT... what is the keyboard short cut for auto-fill on the Mac?

Win is ALT-J, yes, but what is the Mac equivalent?

Many thanks
Toby