[Ext] Autofill Forms - Fill out web forms automatically.

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
sharafali

Re: [Ext] Autofill Forms - Fill out web forms automatically.

Post by sharafali »

@mdausmann: I am also Developing Auto Filler using C# I would live if your share your Code with us, My Email ID is (email removed)

[edit]email removed. No email support is available here but heaps of harvesting robots. LIMPET235 (Moderator)[/edit]
sharafali

Re:

Post by sharafali »

mdausmann wrote:Hi

First of all thanks for your prompt mod for the File Fields feature. This has been v handy and is much appreciated.

I am having a problem with a particular web form. It appears to use a sort of 'array of fields' to enable the user to upload a number of files at once. The relevant source for the form follows....

input name=userfile[] type=file <br>
input name=userfile[] type=file <br>
input name=userfile[] type=file <br>etc...

What i want to be able to do is to put different values in the different fields. i.e.
"c:\blah\image1.jpg" in the first field
"c:\blah\image2.jpg" in the second field etc...

I can get Autofill Forms to fill the fields with a single, field rule however this allows me to put the same value in each field.

Is there a way for me to specify a field rule that will only match the 1st, 2nd etc.. instance of this field?
Is there a dynamic value I can use to add 1 to the first value, 2 for the second value etc.. ?

I realise that I could also get around this by including alternate field rules for this field, disabling the 'use first selected index' feature and force my user to select the alternate for each field. If this is the only way then thats that :)

One last thing, I am using Autofill forms as a part of a productivity solution coded in C#. As a part of this, I have written C# code that reads and writes values into the Autofill Forms sections of the firefox preferences file. It seems to work ok and I am happy with the solution. In the spirit of open source, I would be happy to share this code if anybody is interested??

Michael

@mdausmann: I am also Developing Auto Filler using C# I would live if your share your Code with us, My Email ID is (email removed)

Here is my code sample what I am trying

foreach (mshtml.HTMLInputElementClass inp in doc.getElementsByTagName("INPUT"))
{
if (inp.name == "name")
{
inp.value = txt_name.Text;
}
if (inp.name == "Email")
{
inp.value = txt_email.Text;
}
}

[edit]email removed. No email support is available here but heaps of harvesting robots. LIMPET235 (Moderator)[/edit]
anonymous111

Post by anonymous111 »

Load ~massive unique profiles
Open Settings
Go to Profiles
Select tab: Profiles
Double click on name
Notice the name column is sorted, but the site rule associated with the name is
not moved with it. So now profile names are associated with incorrect site
rules.
Double click on site rule.
Notice the site column is sorted, but the name associated with the name is not
moved with the site rule. So now site rules are associated with incorrect
profile names.

please help..thanks
sun123

Post by sun123 »

I like the idea of this program but need help.

I need to fill in several web forms using several profiles. For example I need to submit conference information for conf. #1, #2, #3 on website A, B, C.

I was hoping to create A "master" type form and export it to excel and make the changes in excel then import it back into the program.

I have 2 questions.

Is there anyway to merge 2 or more profiles

When I export it and then import it some symbols change for example. When I open the notepad info into excel the " - "changes to " – "
Thanks for any help
touristos

Post by touristos »

It is also depends on how web form was created. As I remember when you make a form with the help of form builder, you can chose an option that prevent autofilling. In such case it is impossible to fill some fields automatically
kramanathan08

Post by kramanathan08 »

Hi,

I am a freelance information service provider. I need to upload more than 50 videos to yahoo video site. I have an excel sheet that contain titles , descriptions , tags for each video. Can I fill that data using Autofill forms. If any one knows the solution please help me. Thanks in advance.
kircos

Post by kircos »

PLEASE new developer to make my favorite add-on compatible with Firefox 4.0b2
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

Autofill forms works with FF4 b2 and b3. I have tested it (six sites) and all fields are filled properly. I can also edit and create new ones. The only thing that needs to be updated, at least for me on Mac, is the graphic for the button since FF4 has a different UI on Mac.
FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
ACogloc

Post by ACogloc »

Some have asked this one, without a clear answer. Is it possible to make the filling out entirely automatic? That is to say whenever I enter the site the form is immediately filled and submitted, without the need to click. Just as a Greasemonkey script would.
Trashman992

Post by Trashman992 »

From the dell support site.

Code: Select all

<td width="140">
Computer Skills:</td>
<td>
<input name="ComputerSkills" id="ComputerSkills" type="radio">Beginner
<input name="ComputerSkills" id="ComputerSkills" type="radio">Intermediate
<input name="ComputerSkills" id="ComputerSkills" type="radio">Advance
</td>

These radiobuttons have no value attribute and I can't work out how to get them to autofill. Anyone know the answer?

Thanks! :D
eastbourne

Post by eastbourne »

Woe is me. Autofill Forms has been working just fine for several years here on my Mac OS X 10.3.9 with Firefox 2.0.0.20. Earlier this week an update of some sort appeared and was installed. Since then, nothing.

I can add data one line at a time through drop down "Fill Out This Field" but I get no result from the "Pencil" toolbar button. This kind of defeats the purpose.

I have a friend with a newer Mac and subsequently newer version of Firefox. They too received the update and Autofill Forms continues to work fine.

Has this industry's planned obsolescence finally caught up with me? I believe I have the latest versions of everything possible with the equipment I have.

Thoughts?
egor_zindy

Post by egor_zindy »

Hello eastbourne and all the other users,

I'm responsible for the changes introduced in version 0.9.6.x - Hopefully we can fix all the regression and reach a stable release soon. A new version 0.9.6.1 was released just yesterday, which fixes the main problem introduced in 0.9.6.0. Last reported by Ruben on the addon page:
When i start up settings i get this message:XML-parsefout: ongedefinieerde entiteitLocatie: chrome://autofillforms/content/autofillFormsOptions.xulRegelnummer 275, kolom 7: <checkbox label="&callonchangeafterfillingfields.label;" preference="callOnChangeAfterFillingFields"/>------------------------------------------------^

It goes without saying, I'll be a lot more careful in the future. Unfortunately, I had to disable all the incomplete locales in 0.9.6.1 but don't worry, we'll get the other locales back-in soon. If you use English or French, this doesn't affect you. Everyone else, please be patient.

In the meantime, I'd be very interested to hear how the new release compares to the old one. Eastbourne, I don't have a mac to test on, so if you don't mind keeping me updated, please post a follow-up.

Thanks,
Egor
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

egor_zindy wrote:Hello eastbourne and all the other users,

I'm responsible for the changes introduced in version 0.9.6.x

I didn't know that there had been some updates :shock: . I ported 0.9.5.2 to SeaMonkey 2.0 [1]. Could you make your version SeaMonkey compatible as well? Give me a way of emailing you and I'll send you my diffs OR If you unpack my mod there is a autofillforms0952.diff in the root of the XPI that has the diffs.

[1] http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#autofillforms

Phil
egor_zindy

Post by egor_zindy »

Hi all

Philip Chee wrote:I didn't know that there had been some updates :shock: . I ported 0.9.5.2 to SeaMonkey 2.0 [1]. Could you make your version SeaMonkey compatible as well? Give me a way of emailing you and I'll send you my diffs OR If you unpack my mod there is a autofillforms0952.diff in the root of the XPI that has the diffs.

[1] http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#autofillforms

Phil

Phil, I ported your changes to 0.9.6.2, thanks. Starting from 0.9.6.2, Autofill forms will be compatible with SeaMonkey 2.0.8+. I've been testing it in there pretty extensively, it seems to be working OK. The new version is also compatible with Firefox 2.0.x again, a few people still use it.

Anyway, 0.9.6.2 has a few cosmetic differences which I would like your opinion on, so if you're feeling adventurous, please download test release 1 from here: http://code.google.com/p/autofillforms/downloads/list. If you'd rather compile the code yourselves, the source code is available on http://code.google.com/p/autofillforms/ (hg repository).

Locale is only en-US at the moment, I had to change quite a few strings and will need to spend some time with babelzilla trying to sort everything out.

I rearranged some of the setting panels to try and group similar options together. Result should be clearer and easier to navigate, but I'll let you be the judge :)

Specifically, I would like your opinion on what the settings window size should be. I'm thinking small screen devices (netbooks) and smallest usable size. Any feedback and maybe screenshots taken in different OSes will help.

That's about it!

Regards,
Egor
VancouverBCMovers

Post by VancouverBCMovers »

Hi There,

It's not very clear or easy to fill out radio boxes...

Can you post a profile so this can be filled out?

http://autofillforms.mozdev.org/test.html

I need to know what settings to put in for this:

http://www.vincentmoving.com/how-to-fill-out-radio.jpg