[Ext] Autofill Forms - Fill out web forms automatically.

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
shape5

Re: [Ext] Autofill Forms - Fill out web forms automatically.

Post by shape5 »

Firstly, i have tried a few Firefox add-ons for form autofill and this one has been by far the most reliable and properly functional. However, there are some problems i'd like to report, primarily that many times standard fields are not filled in correctly. Very frequently it will fill in both First & Last name for separate First & Last name fields. And many times it skips fields and leaves them blank even though i have them entered under the current default profile. One other particular issue i recall is that it never works for the Bandcamp.com email form field when trying to download an album from any artist's Bandcamp page where you have to submit your email for the link to be sent to you.
Kitefighter

Post by Kitefighter »

To make this work on the desired field you have to make sure that both field rule and site rule really match.
Problems can e.g. be false regex rules or a form that actually resides on a page that doesn't match what you are seeing in the location bar (like forms that are embedded via iframe).
If you provided the exact page on bandcamp.com where form filling doesn't work for you maybe we can help.
shape5

Post by shape5 »

ok, sure, here's one that's a free download so it can be tested easily. http://music.yespleaserecords.com/album ... on-remixes

if you click the 'free download' link it will bring up a pop-up window for an email address field. every bandcamp artist subdomain has one of these for each album. i tried entering these values below for each field.

Value: 'my email addy'
Field Rule: ^address$
Site Rule: (?:)

i believe i got these values from the Autofill add-on where you can click to add a rule to the profile. it didn't work for that add-on either though.
Kitefighter

Post by Kitefighter »

The correct Field Rule would be (?:^address$). See the complete working entry here
shape5

Post by shape5 »

hey, thanks a lot. what key do i use to type that downward 'V' in the site rule field? it's not actually a V, right? it looks thinner and taller.

also, I didn't realize that site was not a Bandcamp URL as it looks identical and i think the music files are directed thru Bandcamp. I'm not sure how that works on the backend. Is there a way i can get 1 site rule to work for all Bandcamp subdomains, like these 2 here for example?:

https://mellomusicgroup.bandcamp.com/al ... flowers-ep
http://digicrates.bandcamp.com/album/th ... me-mixtape

would i just exclude the 'sub' part preceding bandcamp.com for the site rule?

also, the default Autofill zip code field works for all Bandcamp subdomains in that download pop-up window, but it's not working for the Yespleaserecords site.
Kitefighter

Post by Kitefighter »

The default doesn't work on a lot of pages. This is not a fault of the extension, it just can't foretell what names the website creator has chosen for the fields. But you can easily build your own rules.
Rules that should work on all sites will need the site rule (?:). Note that there's also a site rule for the whole profile. I use only one profile that has the site rule (?:) and limit the impact within the rules.

If you want to cover multiple sites with one rule just add the domain separated by the pipe character. Additionally you can get all third level domains in the site rule:

Code: Select all

(?:.*\.bandcamp\.com)|(?:.*\.yespleaserecords.com)

The downward V is not a V but a backslash followed by a slash (\/). Since the rules are in RegEx you have to escape special characters with a backslash, e.g. in RegEx the dot means 'any single character' but if you escape it like \. it just means dot.
delicacy

Post by delicacy »

There's an accurate addon, a perfect tool for auto filling forms that
i'd like to use in recent firefox versions. no other addon of its kind
beats it but the author's working on a google version & sadly abandonned
its development, proposing to anybody who wants to keep the project alive
in one of his sites to feel free to continue the development.

Updates i'd like:

1) In autofill2 Options / other stuff: A function i can check, so each time i open autofill "options window"
by right click/autofill options or add.. each time i in fact try to access options window, i get a password box before,
so that window is accessible by password only if i checked the function in "options/other stuff". It allows me to keep
data i filled, hidden from anyone who'd try to access it.

2) Please fix the rule editor that is imperfect, for all fields:
If i select "contains", before & after my string, make autofill add this: ^.*?mystring.*?$
If i select "beginwith", before & after my string, make autofill add this: ^mystring.*?$
If i select "endswith", before & after my string, make autofill add this: ^.*?mystring$
If i select "equals", before & after my string, make autofill add this: ^mystring$
(the actual regular expressions generated through the editor are false)

3) A bug:
If i delete a profile in autofill options/form fields, the profile's content/value is saved in the default "unfiled" profile.
I have to purge & delete that profile's content each time i delete another profile. This shouldn't happen.

4) For example, go to
https://fetlife.com/signup

-enter data

-in the section "where are you located", i would love that
autofill2 "Recursively" waits untill "state/province" selection
box "opens", then adds the chosen selection, then waits for
"City" & adds the data, until it detects that no new selection
box opens, then continues filling "Email address" etc .. .

Note that the "enable autofill delay" option doesn't help for that..
I'd like to have this in any site that has drop down boxes that open others .. .

5) A plus, in Hi5 site, when i click on message on a page,
a message pop-up based on a script appears, then my text is loaded by autofill,
but if i return to the main page & look at another profile & click on "message",
the pop-up window will detect it & open an empty box with the profiles name/pic,
but autofill will not reload text, because: the message popup window was still
opened and the url didn't change .. . & if i close and open it over & over,
it slows down the process. Try to make autofill2 detect scripts
that load other ids in the background..

not needing to reopen hi5 message popup window, and make autofill detect
when a new profile with message box is loaded on the message popup window,
so autofill reloads text .. .

Or apply the fix for any website that has that scripting method .. .

In fact: the webmaster makes pages load/being replaced (without modifying the page url in a url bar),
it's done through scripts.. & autofill doesn't detect it actually .. .

6) move the autofill delay from "options/other stuff" to "options/field type", this allows selective website delay chosen by
the user who can enter the desired seconds, to prevent websites that don't need it to be accessed more instantly.

7) javascript support .. . addons like fillform have it, but they don't support rules, that's why they're useless.
so many boxes are bypassed on websites, because they're javascript based..

8) auto disabled on firefox offline mode..

9) In options/Form fields, a new type: Close (i don't need to enter any data like
in the field type "button", & in Value to Autofill, it can show "Ctrl+W", That new
"Close" Type, will close the tab after submission, or the window if it's the only
tab .. . but the control must be "ctrl+w" & not firefox or window closing.. cause
window closing would close all tabs..

10) if possible an add-on bar icon attached on this email too with a pop-up (autofill disabled) / autofill enabled)

Actual mod version i'm using:
http://www.matrixjo.com/upload/store/mo ... nsions.zip
shape5

Post by shape5 »

Hi, sorry - forgot to reply before and then got sidetracked. Thanks for the explanations & clarifications. I did try this out but unfortunately couldn't get it to work:

Kitefighter wrote:If you want to cover multiple sites with one rule just add the domain separated by the pipe character. Additionally you can get all third level domains in the site rule:

(?:.*\.bandcamp\.com)|(?:.*\.yespleaserecords.com)

Was there supposed to be a "\" before the last ".com"? I tried it both ways.

Autofill Forms has since corrected the adding of rules for the pop-up windows at these sites. So if i "add a rule for this field" on either site from the contextual menu, they both work perfectly now. But i still need to add this custom rule for the same rule to apply to all subdomains of Bandcamp.

Is it best to add this as one rule entry under my Default Profile, or create a new profile with only this one rule entry? The Default one if my only current profile.
shape5

Re:

Post by shape5 »

Hi, is there an updated link for this? I hit the wrong remove button (i meant to remove just 1 rule not the whole profile) and now my entire profile with all my rules are gone. No Undo for this action?

Where is the file located that stores the profile data? I do have backups i can pull from.

thanks
shape5

Post by shape5 »

@Kitefighter

Fyi, it's now working on both sites with this rule:

(?:.*.\.bandcamp\.com)|(?:.*.\.yespleaserecords\.com)

I didn't change anything so I think something must have been fixed in an update. Thanks!
Lokiare

Post by Lokiare »

I'm having trouble finding and filling 'hidden' checkboxes. The checkbox is:

<input name="app[platforms][win]" value="1" onchange="OnPlatformChanged( 'win' )" id="checkbox_app_platforms_win__input" type="hidden">

The addon doesn't find it when I do a "Add complete form as profile".

It also doesn't auto-submit because the form uses "<input class="btn_green_white_innerfade btn_medium" value="Save" type="submit">" I'm using the non-multi-core version.