[Ext] Autofill Forms - Fill out web forms automatically.

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
biatche

Re: [Ext] Autofill Forms - Fill out web forms automatically.

Post by biatche »

piyoko wrote:My settings
Username (?:(?:user)|(?:id)|(?:name)|(?:login)|(?:logon)|(?:author))(?!\w*p.*)(?!\w*mail)
Userpassword (?:.*pass.*)|(?:psw)|(?:pw.*)
E-mail (?:mail)|(?:email)|(?:login_email)

but have some bug if formname is "PWUSER"
maybe someone can make it perfect!

What does (?!\w*p.*)(?!\w*mail) do? I notice there are several variations of them in the username field. often containing "pass" as well. Why?
biatche

Post by biatche »

One more question. Under what conditions will I see the select alternative window. I've got some that asks me to select from left to right or right to left, and some with different choices.

How do I avoid them?

OK, another question. How do I tick/untick check boxes? When I display form details, their value is always set to 1, whether they are ticked or not. Any idea?
exit240

Post by exit240 »

"Once you select a column to sort the rules in a profile - for example to review/group rules by a Value, Rule or Name - they lose what may have been a finely-tuned order, reestablished only by manually repositioning each Rule."
-- In other words, after clicking a column heading, a profile name is no longer associated with its corresponding data! This is very disconcerting, to say the least! My list of 50 profiles became totally scrambled, with no way that I could discover to unscramble it. Since then, I have begun saving my profiles, zipping them with password protection and immediately deleting the unencrypted .txt files.

Yes, this is very nasty bug, as is this gentleman's mention of problems with using a different profile directory/folder/path. I ended up having to delete and reinstall AutoFill two times after encountering these bugs.

I have had disappointing results with both of these bugs, so I avoid them at all costs.

Except for these two problems, I have had excellent results with AutoFill and would recommend it to everyone.

Long Live Mozilla!
Down with Internet Explorer in all its incarnations!
gypsy1274

Post by gypsy1274 »

I'm feeling kind of stupid. I clicked on the + to firefox button and it downloaded, but nothing happened. I saw another post about view->toolbars->customize, but I couldn't figure out what to do. How do I get the autofill button to show up on my toolbar? Is there some instructions that I have overlooked?
gypsy1274

Post by gypsy1274 »

gypsy1274 wrote:I'm feeling kind of stupid. I clicked on the + to firefox button and it downloaded, but nothing happened. I saw another post about view->toolbars->customize, but I couldn't figure out what to do. How do I get the autofill button to show up on my toolbar? Is there some instructions that I have overlooked?

I downloaded the addon for the 3rd time and it worked this time. I'm not sure what changed, but this time it said to restart firefox, I did that and the button automatically showed up.
gypsy1274

Post by gypsy1274 »

How do I get Autofill to remember credit card info?
cwar05

Post by cwar05 »

question about your plugin

Hi

Your plugin is Autofill forms is excellent.

However, I d like to know if there a way to autofill the category section of such directories (drop down menu):

http://www.wwwi.co.uk/submit.php/

http://submissions.ananzi.co.za/cgi-bin ... itload.pl/

http://www.evresi.gr/data/index.php?act ... w&idcat=14

if that's not possible with your tool, would you know another tool that?

Thx in advance, that would be greatly for my daily job

Charly
RobertJ

Post by RobertJ »

On this page

http://www.holidayinn.com/hotels/us/en/reservation?optin=true

near the top left if you click on Welcome Back! Priority Club Rewards Sign In, a small JavaScript Sign In window opens. Is there some way of getting AutoFill Forms to fill this in?
FF 92.0 - TB 78.13 - Mac OSX 10.13.6
Samuris

Post by Samuris »

I'm having some trouble with dynamic tags. I've looked through this support thread, the manual, and a help file, and was unable to find a solution.

I want to be able to autofill a field with a the current date + 1. In other words, I always want this field to be filled with tomorrows date. Format needs to be mm/dd/yyyy. Can this be done or will I manually have to fill this in every time?
oshunj

Simple Question...

Post by oshunj »

I just want to fill out a form with basic information using one click. Is this possible with this addon?
I cannot find it. It takes me longer to right click the field, navigate to the option on the right click menu, and then navigate to the appropriate field name.

what am I doing wrong? I don't want anytthing complicated, just name, address, email address. thanks
Firefoxonice

Post by Firefoxonice »

Hello, is it possible to give Autofill a list of values that it can choose from?

Like give it a list of emails to fill in in order each time I activate the autofill.
MiloShapiro

Post by MiloShapiro »

I love love love Autofill on my desktop, but I'm using my laptop more now and I'm unable to load Autofill via Firefox because it's saying it isn't compatible with Firefox 3.5.3. Is there any way around this? I'd miss autofill SO much!
Milo in San Diego
n0k0m

Post by n0k0m »

I have been using "Autofill Forms" firefox addon for a while and it has many wondrous features. But I still have one problem with filling out some forms (sure i am not the only one).

Many forums are using WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get, the one that looks like a small word application, like in gmail) editor replacement for <textarea> field. By default the plugin recognizes that there should be some kind of fillable text there and adds a (?:^textarea$) field rule. Unfortunately it doesn't work in this way. Do you have any suggestion how should i modify the field rule, or is it simply not possible with the current version?

Example:

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/scripting ... spx#intro4
And here is a <textarea> transformed with htmlArea (with a single line of JavaScript code).
bumpelwumpel

Post by bumpelwumpel »

hi,
I need some help. I've changed my profiles with a special programm. Now i have this .txt file. So I want to import this profile.
I want to include it in a special addon and for that I can't use the normal way: Settings-->Profile-->Import Profile
I need a specific command imply the path of the profile to import it.
dusoft

Post by dusoft »

it is said: Works with Firefox: 1.5 – 3.6a1pre
but it doesn't install in FF3.5 (error -207)

in install.rdf it has <em:maxVersion>3.0.*</em:maxVersion>.

What I'm doing wrong?
FF3.5, OS: FreeBSD