[Ext] Autofill Forms - Fill out web forms automatically.

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Seanst3r

Re: [Ext] Autofill Forms - Fill out web forms automatically.

Post by Seanst3r »

Seanst3r wrote:Hi. I have 3 features I would like to submit for your consideration.

1. When auto-select best profile is on and I press the pencil button and it fills out a form I would like that profile to become the currently selected profile. Would really help the next time I access the profile switcher, or use the "add a rule for this field" context menu.

2. Again, using auto select best profile, if I press the pencil button again (repeatedly), I would like it to choose the next best matching profile, if any. I would like it to loop back to the first best profile rather than sit at the last matching profile. I already arrange my matching profiles in order of preference.
[...]

Hey guys I filled my own 2 year old request today. My profiles got out of whack and while I was cleaning up the mess I just happened to notice autofillForms.js sitting there. I thought there would be frameworks to install and compiling and all kinds of mess. Had I known it was as simple as editing some javascript I wouldn't have even bothered asking and just done it straight away.

*Updated 03 Nov 2011 for version: "0.9.8.2"*
http://www.seanster.com/autofill/autofillForms.zip

This zip file has my hacked version of "autofillForms.js"
it came from this directory:
\extensions\autofillForms@blueimp.net\chrome\content\autofillForms.js
(or else is in autofillForms@blueimp.net.xpi - a zip file)

It's just the one javascript file I changed. You still need the whole package installed, then just replace that file. I didn't save the original or I would have at least provided a diff. Feel free to diff it against the current version yourself, there's very few changes and all should be obvious. Nothing evil.

The purpose of this hack is for sites where you might have 2 or 3 different logins. Rather than hunting thru the dropdown list of 200 sites looking for my particular login, I can just press the fill forms button repeatedly until it plunks in the username and password I desire.

It searches your profiles in linear order, starting at the NEXT profile down from the current profile. If it gets to the end of the profile list it wraps back to the beginning of the list and searches for a match up to the current profile and stops there if it hasn't stopped sooner.

It's definitely not sorting profiles from the most complex match to the simplest matches and giving them to you in order. If you want to simulate that you can manually put your profiles in the desired order.

If you're bad like me and have a standard username and password for junk sites, you can use a catch-all profile with a field rule like (?:^username$) or go all out and and just repeat that username and password pair for the top 50 commonly used field rules. That could save me 50 custom site profiles right there.

Feel free to contact me if you have any issues with it.
Last edited by Seanst3r on November 3rd, 2011, 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
--
Sean
Tegah56

Post by Tegah56 »

Would be nice to have a "Clear all fields" icon, hot key, mouse key. I made a profile named "Clear Fields" with a name of ''Null'' with an empty value and (?:) for the field rule. It will clear the fields on all except those asking for a choice. For example a drop down menu. Is there other values I could add to include these fields?
I don't know didley about js. The last time I tried programing the lines were still numbered. Thanks in advance for any help and maybe this will be included in next version.
igo

Post by igo »

Hello,

I'm having a problem with autofill forms since I installed firefox 4 .
Now, I can't export anything.
When I try to export a profile or the dynamique tags, the resulting file is empty.

Any Idea how to resolve this ?

great extention, I use it every day on my job, thanks a lot!

Regards,
uknhan

Autofill Forms - Fill out web forms automatically.

Post by uknhan »

Soure in the website:
<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%">
<tbody><tr valign="top">
<td class="controlbar">
<textarea name="message" id="vB_Editor_001_textarea" rows="10" cols="60" style="display: none; width: 540px; height: 250px;" tabindex="1" dir="ltr"></textarea>

<iframe style="border: 2px inset; width: 540px; height: 250px;" tabindex="1" id="vB_Editor_001_iframe"></iframe></td>
<td class="controlbar">
<fieldset id="vB_Editor_001_smiliebox" title="Diễn tả">
<legend>Diễn tả</legend>
<table align="center" border="0" cellpadding="4" cellspacing="0">
<tbody><tr align="center" valign="bottom">

And Field rule of me:
(?:display: none)|(?:message)|(?:msg)|(?:^message$)|(?:^msg$)|(?:description)|(?:description_parent)|(?:txtnoidung)|(?:txtnoidung_HtmlBox)|(?:ads_content)|(?:ads_content$)|(?:content)|(?:noidung)|(?:mota)|(?:vB_Editor_001_textarea)|(?:^vB_Editor_001_textarea$)|(?:editor_textbox_container)|(?:^text$)|(?:text)|(?:textbox)|(?:edit)|(?:editor_textbox)

But it does not working, please help me fix
keithy397

Post by keithy397 »

igo wrote:Hello,

I'm having a problem with autofill forms since I installed firefox 4 .
Now, I can't export anything.
When I try to export a profile or the dynamique tags, the resulting file is empty.

Any Idea how to resolve this ?

great extention, I use it every day on my job, thanks a lot!

Regards,

Did you bump the version to work with the latest build?

Try this bumped version if you didn't.

Remember though that some extensions will not work even after bumping and I can't inform you any further cos I don't use AF anymore.
Cheers,
Keith
igo

Post by igo »

Your links don't work ..
keithy397

Post by keithy397 »

The link is fine, left click to install (you will be prompted to either allow or deny), right click to Save or Save As.
Cheers,
Keith
artsperry

Post by artsperry »

I'm new to Autofill Forms...is there a way to store different billing and shipping addresses in a profile? Thanks.
igo

Post by igo »

keithy397 wrote:The link is fine, left click to install (you will be prompted to either allow or deny), right click to Save or Save As.

the exported files are still 0 bytes.
keithy397

Post by keithy397 »

igo wrote:
keithy397 wrote:The link is fine, left click to install (you will be prompted to either allow or deny), right click to Save or Save As.

the exported files are still 0 bytes.

Left single click - what happens? It downloads a 140kb .xpi as it should for me - so I can't see the problem.
Cheers,
Keith
charonme

Post by charonme »

Is it possible to fill a form *automatically* according to a matching profile or do I have to somehow activate the filling manually every time?
keithy397

Post by keithy397 »

charonme wrote:Is it possible to fill a form *automatically* according to a matching profile or do I have to somehow activate the filling manually every time?

From the AF icon on the toolbar, select what ID you want from the Profile Switcher (from the drop-down menu), if it doesn't automatically fill from that action just left click the icon and it should then.
Cheers,
Keith
electrocatalyst

Post by electrocatalyst »

Hello, I've searched the forums but didn't find anything about my problem.

I want Autofill Forms to read multiple fields from my computer - either from a file (e.g. text file) or from clipboard. I saw there is an option in AF to copy data from clipboard but I'm afraid it will only copy one field.

Is there an easy (or even complicated, with extra scripting) solution for this?

Thank you in advance for your answers.
kstev99

Post by kstev99 »

I am having the same problem as Igo with the exported profile files being 0 bytes. Currently using FF7, but I have had this problem for quite some time, probably before FF4. I am storing the field rules in a custom directory under Advanced Settings, but not the FF profile folder. Also storing the Field Rules Encrypted. The only way for me to backup profiles (I have about 40) is to backup the custom folder. When exporting a single profile, the result is 0 bytes, but when exporting all profiles I get a file 82 bytes, but contains no data

Also having a major problem anytime I remove one of my profiles, the remaining profiles all get scrambled. The Profile names don't match the field rules. Any Ideas?
DDavid

Post by DDavid »

I can't save/export my profiles anymore. All I get when I exported the files is a file with 0 bytes. I'm running FF 6.0.