MozillaZine

[Ext] Autofill Forms - Fill out web forms automatically.

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Cre8tve1

Post Posted March 17th, 2010, 3:56 pm

I've been using the Firefox / Autofill Forms combination for the last year and a half, and very successfully. With the advent of the "new and improved" Firefox, the Autofill Forms no longer appears on the toolbar, and can only be accessed after tagging Tools and Add-ons, which prompts a patch.

I wouldn't mind if it happened once and that was the end of it, but every time I start a work session I need to go through this sequence in order to use the Add-on.

It's as if the version-upgrade patch won't adhere. I would rather not uninstall and reinstall the add-on because I have a ton of profile data loaded into the add-on, and I really don't want to go through the whole thing again.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

www.Cre8tve1.com

llev

Post Posted March 18th, 2010, 2:25 am

Cre8tve1 wrote:With the advent of the "new and improved" Firefox, the Autofill Forms no longer appears on the toolbar, and can only be accessed after tagging Tools and Add-ons, which prompts a patch.

I use Seamonkey, not Firefox, but I heard they share the ability to let you customize toolbars. Right-clicking on, e.g., the Stop or the Reload button, then Customize, you can drag and drop icons to the toolbar from the newly opened window (and conversely).

HTH

jimfitter
Folder@Home

Post Posted March 18th, 2010, 9:29 am

@Cre8tve1: I use Autofill Forms with no toolbar icon, or other problems, running Fx 3.6. Install the MR Tech Toolkit extension, which automatically disables the compatibility testing, along with some other usefull tweaks.
I also use the Nightly Tester Tools extension, which has some redundancies, but together, I haven't had problems installing extensions that aren't normally accepted in the latest builds.

Remember: Many old extensions/themes can, and will cause the latest Firefox to become unstable and/or crash, if installed this way.
The poor have sometimes objected to being governed badly; the rich have always objected to being governed at all. ― G.K. Chesterton

Philip Chee

Post Posted March 18th, 2010, 11:01 am

Try my autofill_forms-0.9.5.2-mod.xpi version from:
http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc.html#autofillforms

This mod should fix the problem with the toolbarbutton not appearing on the nav-bar by default.

Phil

chrisjj

Post Posted March 19th, 2010, 7:04 pm

How may I discover which profiles match the current site?

I am getting failure of profile auto-selection and want to ensure the cuase is not multiple matching profiles.

Thanks,

chrisjj

Post Posted March 19th, 2010, 7:06 pm

I am using

[X] Automatically select the best matching profile

How can I discover which profile has been selected?

Thanks.

nutthatch

Post Posted March 29th, 2010, 2:45 pm

Sorry I am a newbie to this, but with 42 pages to scan through can anybody help and short cut this

I have been using Autofill for the last few months but have recently upgraded to Windows 7 and latest Firefox and in the process have lost my profile.

Can anybody tell me the filename and extension and path if possible

Thanks

llev

Post Posted March 30th, 2010, 5:31 am

nutthatch wrote:Can anybody tell me the filename and extension and path if possible

Rules are stored in prefs.js, under your profile's <salt>.<profilename> directory (don't know where this one is on Windows, but you can search files by name).

Oxied

Post Posted March 31st, 2010, 3:05 pm

Hey! I have some troubles with filling one form. On this page: http://www.k0st4s.org/ptzplace/radness I need to select country (e.g. Russia). Autofill Forms fills all form except "country". Can someone help me? pls

chrisjj

Post Posted March 31st, 2010, 4:18 pm

llev wrote:
nutthatch wrote:Can anybody tell me the filename and extension and path if possible

Rules are stored in prefs.js, under your profile's <salt>.<profilename> directory (don't know where this one is on Windows, but you can search files by name).

FWIW I found it under C:\Documents and Settings\Chris\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\9vsw45ya.default\prefs.js

I was hoping to edit the auto-fill rules directly, having found the UI unworkable e,.g. for moves... but I find them all in one 50,000 character string. Yuk!

llev

Post Posted April 1st, 2010, 4:31 am

Oxied wrote:Hey! I have some troubles with filling one form. On this page: http://www.k0st4s.org/ptzplace/radness I need to select country (e.g. Russia). Autofill Forms fills all form except "country". Can someone help me? pls

Did you try to capture the filled form? (right-click and "add complete form as profile")

Robert Wagner

Post Posted April 1st, 2010, 12:02 pm

I was hoping to edit the auto-fill rules directly, having found the UI unworkable e,.g. for moves... but I find them all in one 50,000 character string. Yuk!

Why not just right-click (control-click on a Mac) on the field in the form and use "Add a Rule for this Field ...."?

Robert

Oxied

Post Posted April 1st, 2010, 5:37 pm

llev wrote:Did you try to capture the filled form? (right-click and "add complete form as profile")

Yes. But it still doesn't work. Do you have any idea how to select "country"?

llev

Post Posted April 2nd, 2010, 5:03 am

Oxied wrote:Do you have any idea how to select "country"?

I don't have it right now to tell you how, but there's a way to display the field properties next to each field. From there you'll be able to define the correct pattern in the rule editor. Have a look also at the various settings related to what properties Autofill Forms matches.

Oxied

Post Posted April 2nd, 2010, 9:56 am

llev wrote:
Oxied wrote:Do you have any idea how to select "country"?

I don't have it right now to tell you how, but there's a way to display the field properties next to each field. From there you'll be able to define the correct pattern in the rule editor. Have a look also at the various settings related to what properties Autofill Forms matches.

of course, I used Dom for Firefox.
Information about a "country" field :
and about a typical field:
It seems Autofill Forms needs to send onclick event to "country" field, but i don't know how to do it :(

Return to Extension/Theme Releases