[Ext] Speed Dial 0.1 : 4-15-2007

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
rfe777

Re: [Ext] Speed Dial 0.1 : 4-15-2007

Post by rfe777 »

Speed Dial doesn't work after it's last update.
Firefox 14.0.1.

Please fix this. Thanks.
DreamRyderX

Post by DreamRyderX »

G'Day,

I love Speed Dial, & have been using it for years now. I have between 900 & 1100 dials in 32 groups. I'm obsessed, but hey this is what Speed Dial is for. ;)

Actually the number of dials I have is really immaterial to my query.

Q. What I was looking for is information on how to search out amongst the total dials for a specific dial.

Is there any way to search within Speed Dial for a specific dial, or even searching the total dials with a keyword?

I've searched the forum the best I could, & I can't seem to find any relevant reference to similar requests/questions.

Thanks heaps.......Bobby ;)
[i]Democracy - is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.
Liberty - is a well armed lamb contesting the vote.[/i][/font]

-- I may disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it. --
nevadacrab

Post by nevadacrab »

I like Speed Dial & have been using it for some time. With version 0.9.6.8 I lost site icons and mini weather. With version 0.9.6.9 I got icons back but mini weather still brings up "unavailable". Anyone else? Any solution?
keithy397

Post by keithy397 »

DreamRyderX wrote:G'Day,
Is there any way to search within Speed Dial for a specific dial, or even searching the total dials with a keyword?

Hi Bobby,

You probably already know but just in case, there's a drop down menu from the magnifying glass in the search box with some options.
Cheers,
Keith
DreamRyderX

Post by DreamRyderX »

I'm at a loss at what you mean....I use Web Search Pro & there's no Magnifying Glass in the search box.

So I went to Customize & got the original Search Box with the Magnifying Glass, left click on the MG did a search (but no menu) & Right click on the MG just brought up a toolbars menu & no options that would even be considered.

No further menus at all??

So, anyone else know if there is any way to search within Speed Dial for a specific dial, or even searching the total/all dials with a keyword?

Have you ever done it?

-- I may disapprove of what you say, but will defend to the death your right to say it. --
keithy397

Post by keithy397 »

I meant this.....

....in the sidebar.
Cheers,
Keith
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

keithy397 wrote:I meant this.....

....in the sidebar.

That search box is from Scrapbook Plus, which you can clearly see in your own picture.

Phil
keithy397

Post by keithy397 »

I've lost the plot, sorry guys!
Cheers,
Keith
DreamRyderX

Post by DreamRyderX »

Ok,,,now you guys have this state of confusion all sorted out....

Does anyone out there know if there is any way to search within Speed Dial for a specific dial, or even searching the total/all dials using a keyword somehow?

I would appreciate it if whoever answers has actually done it successfully, or knows for fact that it isn't possible, & be able to document clearly either way.

Thanks ;)

keithy397

Post by keithy397 »

Firstly, I don't know if there is a way at all to search in SpeedDial, I suspect there isn't.

The only workaround I've found to search for dials or for a particular dial is:-

From SpeedDial Options, export html and then open the html file in Firefox and you then have a list of all dials. I then use Ctrl+F to find what I'm looking for.

Not ideal, but it works for me!
Cheers,
Keith
DreamRyderX

Post by DreamRyderX »

Excellent Work-Around!! Image

It's worked for me for a 7 out of 8 success rate because I never, ever leave the title as dynamic...I always rename, so all I have to do now is re-verify that each one has a logical keyword.

That's a great track record!

Now, unless the actual name doesn't contain a keyword, I'll make it mandatory to put a keyword at the titles end----the find search won't care where the keyword is actually located.

Thanks!! Image

keithy397

Post by keithy397 »

Glad you liked it!

Maybe it could be tweaked a little by automating i.e. via a macro?
Cheers,
Keith
rynhart

Post by rynhart »

..................................................................WEATHER DIAL IS BROKEN

I don't know if this is where I should post this, but I cant find any other major SPEED DIAL Folder or Thread.

A few days ago my Speed Dials Weather Dial stopped working completely.
It was working fine up until then.

No locations work.

I'm using Speed Dial 0.9.6.9 via Fire Fox v14.0.1 on Windows 7 SP1

Thank you for this wonderful add-on, & this feature is very important to my daily life online.

Please post when this problem is anticipated to be resolved, because you don't really know how important something is until it's taken/lost/gone.

Well, I miss this very, very much!
Kitefighter

Post by Kitefighter »

Is there a way to have a tab with dials of a different size?
What I mean is: can I set a dial to span multiple columns?
InPinkClover

Post by InPinkClover »

How I Use Speed Dial

We got rid of cable TV (and telephone - saving $120 a month!) about a year ago and now Speed Dial has become my "tuner." To keep it simple for myself, I use only Firefox for streaming and keep it up on my 2nd monitor as a TV. Anything on Netflix I watch regularly or want to remember to watch, I put on my home page (which is set to SD). Same with any other streams I run into (see image below). I have already donated twice in the years that I have used SD, but since it is such a big part of my daily life, I would be happy to donate again if it were streamlined a bit more. Thank you SOO much for SD! :D

Suggestions

Edit Dial
  • allow DEFAULT size - the pop-up eventually (computer restart?) changes back to a long window after I have resized it
    Edit Dial > LAYOUT > Scaling
  • allow DEFAULT options - I always use "Fit both" so would be handy if that option was always checked
    Edit Dial > CROP
  • allow DEFAULT options - I always crop thumbnails. Would love to streamline the steps so that if I click on Thumbnail Cropping the Crop Selector window automatically opens or something similar, for less clicks.