[Ext] Speed Dial 0.1 : 4-15-2007

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Old ehbien

Post by Old ehbien »

Did a bit of troubleshooting. I have All in One Gestures installed and when i deselect "middle button scrolling" in its Options panel, this works as designed. But.... now I don't have middle button scrolling...
Old joseprio

Post by Old joseprio »

ukegirlie wrote:Did a bit of troubleshooting. I have All in One Gestures installed and when i deselect "middle button scrolling" in its Options panel, this works as designed. But.... now I don't have middle button scrolling...

Thanks for the information... I'll install that extension and check it by myself. It really looks like some kind of conflict.
dpeirce

Post by dpeirce »

joseepiro: 755 might not do it. I dunno why but, even though I (user) am shown as owner of the SDThumbs directory, and I changed the permissions so the world can do anything, Firefox still could not access the directory to make its .png files. Not until as ROOT that I changed the permissions did it work properly.

What tipped me: As user, the directory permissions looked like anyone could enter and do whatever, but the directory wasn't accessable in console with 'ls'. But it was accessible as root. Then, when I changed the permissions as ROOT, finally, firefox was able to write the needed files (and user can now access the directory in console with 'ls').

In faith, Dave
Viva Texas
Mat

Post by Mat »

please improve the thumbnail graphics quality. it is to low-res.
<a href="http://spreadfirefox.com/community/?q=affiliates&id=500&t=1">
Get Firefox</a>
Old joseprio

Post by Old joseprio »

Mat wrote:please improve the thumbnail graphics quality. it is to low-res.

The thumbnail size can help on the thumbnail quality, specially when using big screens. By default it's set at 400 pixels width and 800 pixels height, so feel free to increase this value in the extension settings panel...

Other than that, the image scaling quality is not specially good, but this will be highly improved in Firefox 3.
Mat

Post by Mat »

I dont really see any difference. it looks exactly the same if it is 10x20 or 4000x8000.
(my screen is 1600*1200)

How do i force a refresh of the thumbnails? F5 caused a refresh, but the images stayed at the same quality.
<a href="http://spreadfirefox.com/community/?q=affiliates&id=500&t=1">
Get Firefox</a>
Old joseprio

Post by Old joseprio »

Mat wrote:I dont really see any difference. it looks exactly the same if it is 10x20 or 4000x8000.
(my screen is 1600*1200)

How do i force a refresh of the thumbnails? F5 caused a refresh, but the images stayed at the same quality.

Right now, the thumbnails are only created when assigning the website. So, once you change the resolution, re-assign the thumbnails.

Hopefully, that will change in future releases, but I'm not sure if it's technically possible in Firefox.
lakrids

Post by lakrids »

Thanks for the extension joseprio.
I'd like to report something I'm not sure if it's a bug or on purpose. My firefox is set so when I middle-click a link, it opens a tab in the background. But in speed dial, middle-clicks switches focus to the new tab immediately.
I think it would be better if this behaviour was consistent with firefox's Options setting.
Old joseprio

Post by Old joseprio »

lakrids wrote:Thanks for the extension joseprio.
I'd like to report something I'm not sure if it's a bug or on purpose. My firefox is set so when I middle-click a link, it opens a tab in the background. But in speed dial, middle-clicks switches focus to the new tab immediately.
I think it would be better if this behaviour was consistent with firefox's Options setting.

Thanks for the notice... I'll take a look at that and for the next version it should work as expected :)
keithy397

Post by keithy397 »

When can we expect to see an import/export function joseprio?
Cheers,
Keith
Old joseprio

Post by Old joseprio »

keithy397 wrote:When can we expect to see an import/export function joseprio?

I'm afraid that no news yet. I started a new job, and I'm still relocating, so I still have to investigate about that "hidden browser" stuff I talked about before...
keithy397

Post by keithy397 »

Yuk, they reckon moving/relocating is one of the top 3 stressful situations you can have, be careful!

As for the import/export, take your time, I'm not moving!
Cheers,
Keith
spyder

Post by spyder »

joseprio, after you've settled i have some suggestions about the UI:
- When clicking the Quick Dial button, Quick dial to open a new tab/dialog that's full screen, sort of an overlay over the actual browser
- When the speed dial window is open by clicking a number on the keyboard to open that dial
- when pressing escape, the Speed Dial windows to close.

Take your time tough, as keithy397 said :)
lakrids

Post by lakrids »

I found a compatibility issue with another extension.
Leetkey: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/770

In Speed Dial I have enabled 'Load in blank new tabs'.
In Leetkey there is a feature called 'Open leetkey editor', when using this feature Leetkey opens a new tab which has a text window where you can type stuff. This leetkey feature gets overwritten by Speed Dial.
Old joseprio

Post by Old joseprio »

lakrids wrote:I found a compatibility issue with another extension.
Leetkey: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/770

In Speed Dial I have enabled 'Load in blank new tabs'.
In Leetkey there is a feature called 'Open leetkey editor', when using this feature Leetkey opens a new tab which has a text window where you can type stuff. This leetkey feature gets overwritten by Speed Dial.

I've to improve the functionality to open Speed Dial in new tabs... that's why it's disabled by default. I'll do my best to solve any incompatibilities :)