[Ext] Speed Dial 0.1 : 4-15-2007

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Old joseprio

Post by Old joseprio »

s66v wrote:The icon problem still persists.

Well, seems that AIOS has a problem with the buttons. I'll take a look on that.
Old joseprio

Post by Old joseprio »

joseprio wrote:
s66v wrote:The icon problem still persists.

Well, seems that AIOS has a problem with the buttons. I'll take a look on that.

I was wrong, it had nothing to do with AIOS... There was a problem when using small icons, since I placed a comma in the wrong place :) I just updated the version in AMO.
ne081

Post by ne081 »

Great work! The small icons bug is gone here. Cant wait to see this more configurable in future updates(just like showcase is!). Thanks again!
s66v

Post by s66v »

Thanks. the icon problem is solved. Look forward to your future updates !
keithy397

Post by keithy397 »

I like the idea, cool! I never noticed this on Opera but then, I haven't used it for a while.

How's about an import/export function for those of us who have multiple profiles? Or even better, a method where the data can be shared between profiles?

Great job.
Cheers,
Keith
ne081

Post by ne081 »

I would mostly like to see options to config the number of sites allowed in the dial.Other stuff also like reload frequency and maybe some sort of alert if a site has changed or something,unless thats beyond the scope of this extension.Thanks again.
Old joseprio

Post by Old joseprio »

keithy397 wrote:How's about an import/export function for those of us who have multiple profiles? Or even better, a method where the data can be shared between profiles?

Will keep that in mind for future updates :) Probably the easiest way will be an import/export function, so the result would be just a file.
Old joseprio

Post by Old joseprio »

ne081 wrote:I would mostly like to see options to config the number of sites allowed in the dial.

More than 9 thumbnails in one page doesn't make much sense as "speed dial"... One option I was considering to allow that is to add some kind of tabbed interface. Then, you could access a tab by pressing "Alt" and the number, and then press the thumbnail number. Of course, less than 9 would make sense.

ne081 wrote:Other stuff also like reload frequency and maybe some sort of alert if a site has changed or something,unless thats beyond the scope of this extension.

If I can add some kind of "background page renderer" to refresh the thumbnails, checking if the website has changed would be very easy, and even if it's out of the extension's scope, it's damn useful :) Will keep that in mind!
ne081

Post by ne081 »

Yeah,i meant for less than 9.Any more than that and you might as well be using bookmarks.haha
Awesome if you can get the background page renderer idea to work out.Seems like a great way to keep an eye on emails or some other frequently updating webpage.
keithy397

Post by keithy397 »

joseprio wrote:Will keep that in mind for future updates :) Probably the easiest way will be an import/export function, so the result would be just a file.

Thanks
Cheers,
Keith
Chris313AllNight

Post by Chris313AllNight »

Great extension. You've got me using firefox more over Opera now! I loved the speed dial in Opera and now it's in Firefox!

There is one thing I'd like to see added. What about those people who visit more than 9 sites all the time? Can you add an option to define a certain number of dials past the 9? I personally have like 20-30 sites I visit a day, but wouldn't want to leave them open in tabs all the time, because for some reason, leaving open that many caused problems with my viewing of sites.
Old joseprio

Post by Old joseprio »

Chris313AllNight wrote:Great extension. You've got me using firefox more over Opera now! I loved the speed dial in Opera and now it's in Firefox!

There is one thing I'd like to see added. What about those people who visit more than 9 sites all the time? Can you add an option to define a certain number of dials past the 9? I personally have like 20-30 sites I visit a day, but wouldn't want to leave them open in tabs all the time, because for some reason, leaving open that many caused problems with my viewing of sites.

Well, what about the "tabbed" solution I proposed?

The idea would be that, inside the Speed Dial tab there would be a "sub-tab" bar, where up to 9 tabs tabs could be added (a label on them could be defined that would indicate the "theme" of that Speed Dial tab), containing 9 thumbnails each (so, a total of 81 possible thumbnails). While in Speed Dial, "Alt" plus the number would open the corresponding "thumbnail tab", and then pressing the number would open the thumbnail.

Of course, it wouldn't be difficult to define more than 9 thumbnails, but I think that the thumbnails would look smaller, and the shortcut access wouldn't be as easy as now... Let me know what you think.
Chris313AllNight

Post by Chris313AllNight »

Sounds like an excellent idea. Go with it. I'd love to test it out right now. I love your extensions!
Lost User 73507

Post by Lost User 73507 »

Is this the same extension as this one?

http://showcase.uworks.net/blog/?p=13
Lost User 73507

Post by Lost User 73507 »