[Ext] Speed Dial 0.1 : 4-15-2007

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
solution2u

Post by solution2u »

Nice extension! I like the feature CTRL + number can be used to access the Speed Dial. Keep it up.
tanif

Ctrl + number

Post by tanif »

Nice extension, I like it. Thanks. I'm having a problem though. Its best feature the shortcut Ctrl + number doesn't work. It doesn't override the default action of Firefox when you press ctrl +number that changes the tabs.can you help me with this problem? this shortcut is the main reason i like this extension.
Erroneus

Post by Erroneus »

Great ext. it would be nice though if it was possible only to load it on startup and when clicking the "home" button.

I tried setting chrome://speeddial/content/speeddial.xul as my homepage, but it still opens when a new window is loaded and in speed dial options, both automatic load options is un-checked.
Old joseprio

Re: Ctrl + number

Post by Old joseprio »

tanif wrote:Nice extension, I like it. Thanks. I'm having a problem though. Its best feature the shortcut Ctrl + number doesn't work. It doesn't override the default action of Firefox when you press ctrl +number that changes the tabs.can you help me with this problem? this shortcut is the main reason i like this extension.

Are you using Tab Mix Plus? I think that there's a conflict, there...
Old joseprio

Post by Old joseprio »

Erroneus wrote:Great ext. it would be nice though if it was possible only to load it on startup and when clicking the "home" button.

I tried setting chrome://speeddial/content/speeddial.xul as my homepage, but it still opens when a new window is loaded and in speed dial options, both automatic load options is un-checked.

That's strange, I just checked that if the option is disabled, Speed Dial won't load in blank new windows.

I also verified that if you place a home page, and set the "when firefox starts, show my home page", it will also load in new blank windows. That is default Firefox behavior, and I'm afraid it's not possible for me to modify it. However, I'll consider adding an option to load Speed Dial only when Firefox starts.
Old joseprio

Post by Old joseprio »

keithy397 wrote:When can we expect to see an import/export function joseprio?

Good news on that: I could manage to get the "background loader" to work. That means that I'll be able to add all the features I had in mind :) So, the export function will be there, and will be very easy to implement for me.

However, it will take some time, since I'll need to add quite a lot of new stuff for the next version.... like the thumbnail refresh!
tanif

Post by tanif »

joseprio wrote:
tanif wrote:Nice extension, I like it. Thanks. I'm having a problem though. Its best feature the shortcut Ctrl + number doesn't work. It doesn't override the default action of Firefox when you press ctrl +number that changes the tabs.can you help me with this problem? this shortcut is the main reason i like this extension.

Thanks. That's the problem. I disabled Tab Mix Plus and the shortcut works now. Is there any solution to use both extensions or I'll have to choose between one of them?
Old joseprio

Post by Old joseprio »

tanif wrote:
joseprio wrote:

Thanks. That's the problem. I disabled Tab Mix Plus and the shortcut works now. Is there any solution to use both extensions or I'll have to choose between one of them?

I'll be looking on how to override TMP behavior...
tanif

Post by tanif »

joseprio wrote:
tanif wrote:
joseprio wrote:

I'll be looking on how to override TMP behavior...

Ok. Looking forward to that.
Thanks for the quick reply.
keithy397

Post by keithy397 »

joseprio wrote:
keithy397 wrote:When can we expect to see an import/export function joseprio?

Good news on that: I could manage to get the "background loader" to work. That means that I'll be able to add all the features I had in mind :) So, the export function will be there, and will be very easy to implement for me.

However, it will take some time, since I'll need to add quite a lot of new stuff for the next version.... like the thumbnail refresh!

I'm looking forward to your next release, good stuff!
Cheers,
Keith
lakrids

Post by lakrids »

joseprio wrote:

Code: Select all

#speeddialGrid row:last-child { display: none !important; }
Thanks for the code joseprio.

I managed to make this work in Stylish extension. My only issue now is that the code is valid for "global", and I wanted to change that so it is only valid for Speed Dial.

So I played a little bit and I found out this code seems to work:

@-moz-document url(chrome://speeddial/content/speeddial.xul) {
}

But I'm not really expert programmer, so I wanted to ask you if this is ok or if there's a more efficient code.
Scaletti

Post by Scaletti »

I really like this extension but . . . it appears to break the LiveClick extension?
Old joseprio

Post by Old joseprio »

lakrids wrote:
joseprio wrote:

Thanks for the code joseprio.

I managed to make this work in Stylish extension. My only issue now is that the code is valid for "global", and I wanted to change that so it is only valid for Speed Dial.

So I played a little bit and I found out this code seems to work:

@-moz-document url(chrome://speeddial/content/speeddial.xul) {
}

But I'm not really expert programmer, so I wanted to ask you if this is ok or if there's a more efficient code.

I'm quite sure this should be quite efficient :) Of course, the most efficient way would be that there's some way in my extension to define the number of thumbnails. Perhaps in a future release!
Old joseprio

Post by Old joseprio »

Scaletti wrote:I really like this extension but . . . it appears to break the LiveClick extension?

I'll test that... However, the code that is used to load "Speed Dial" in new tabs is not too reliable (so it may break some extensions). I'll solve that in a future release.
MrMystery

Post by MrMystery »

Excellent extension! Here are a few ideas:

1. Implement CTRL+ALT+[#] to open Speed Dials in a new tab. This would be very handy.

2. Include a way to manually edit Speed Dial links. One way to do this would be to create a Speed Dial folder under bookmarks containing the shortcuts, though some people may not like this idea. Just a thought...

3. Be more consistent with menu organisation. Have the 'Set as Speed Dial' entry below 'Bookmark This Page/Tab' on every menu. For even greater consistency, might 'Set This Tab as Speed Dial' be better? (Sorry for being so pedantic.)

Thanks for all your hard work! :)