New Theme: NASA Night Launch

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Soul Stealer

Post by Soul Stealer »

Fair enough. :)
It's like I said.
Lost User 73507

Post by Lost User 73507 »

I have added the specified code to userChrome.css but my about:blank is just blank and white :(
Here is the code:
@import url("chrome://global/skin/subskins/style-1/subskin.css");

@-moz-document url(about:blank) {
html:not([class]) {
background: url("chrome://global/skin/watermarks/about.blank.sts116-s-021.v010.jpg") no-repeat center center fixed black !important;
}
}
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

Nutty S Man wrote:Fair enough. :)

I suspect, when we have small icons for this theme, we will see many more users come onboard. And with them, will be even more requests. This will be a very very busy place indeed. That'll be fantastic!

Shingoshi
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

anupamsr wrote:I have added the specified code to userChrome.css but my about:blank is just blank and white :(
Here is the code:
@import url("chrome://global/skin/subskins/style-1/subskin.css");

background: url("chrome://global/skin/watermarks/about.blank.sts116-s-021.v010.jpg") no-repeat center center fixed black !important;
}
}

@anupamsr: The code for the subskin should be in userChrome.css, but the code for the blank tab should be in userContent.css, not userChrome.css.

This is confusing. Many people get this mixed up.

userChrome.css alters the UI of Firefox itself, while userContent.css alters the appearance of pages displayed by Firefox, including the blank tab.

Update 2009-May-20: The use of userContent.css to style empty tabs with NASA Night Launch is now un-recommended. There's a better way using Stylish. See this post later in this thread for full details.
Last edited by mcdavis on May 20th, 2009, 9:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Theme Development is Radical Participation.
NNL Beta Builds for Current and Up-coming Firefox
Dear User: Your Help is Needed
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

Does anyone know if you take the maximum HEX value, and subtract from it the HEX value of any background color, would that effectively give the reverse color for something you want to superimpose upon it? Like an icon or text color.

What HEX value would you use to contrast the existing background? #000000 or #FFFFFF
I am guessing you can do something similar to this for RGB values as well? For instance, (255, 0, 0) has the reverse as (0, 255, 255).

Shingoshi
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

Test version with small icons code. The icons themselves are not final.

http://home.comcast.net/~username54321/ ... 070821.jar

If anyone has any requests for userChrome.css customizations to make it fit your particular small icon needs, let me know, and we'll see if there's something we can do.
Cato62

Post by Cato62 »

Great job! Every release of this theme makes it better and better!
"It is difficult to fight against anger, for a man will buy revenge with his soul." ~ Heraclites, 500 B.C.

The Blood Series: BloodFire, BloodFire 3, BloodThunder, BloodSun, & BloodSong
Cato62

Post by Cato62 »

Philip Chee wrote:
mcdavis941 wrote:Thank you for being willing to help me out. Dark themes are kind of a fringe case so I appreciate it.
Please wait at least 12 hours for the mozdev mirrors to synchronize before downloading the Testing Version: Console² 0.3.8+ from http://console2.mozdev.org/. Thanks.

Phil

Philip,

I am anxiously awaiting the chance to test this out too. I'm just wondering if it normally takes this long for the mirrors to sync up? It's been over 24 hours and the link still shows (on hover) that it's still version 0.3.7+. Just wondering, not trying to be a nuisance. ;)
"It is difficult to fight against anger, for a man will buy revenge with his soul." ~ Heraclites, 500 B.C.

The Blood Series: BloodFire, BloodFire 3, BloodThunder, BloodSun, & BloodSong
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

Oh silly me I changed the text but forgot to change the actual link! Here, the next time I make such a mistake you can use this URL to get to the actual download mirrors: http://downloads.mozdev.org/console2/. Everytime you hit this link you'll be sent to a random mirror. Here is a direct link: console2-0.3.8+.xpi. I hope I get it right this time!

Phil
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

Philip,
I have installed the new version in Thunderbird. It seems like the interface has changed. But even if it hasn't, I like it. Thanks to time I have spent working with Macdavis941, I think I will be more inspired to use this extension to check things I otherwise would have ignored. I will try this version now in Firefox again.

Thank you,
Shingoshi

The new version works fine. I have one request for either/both of you when the fix for the extension list appearance issue is available. Please make the enabled extensions appear in white, with the disabled extensions appear in red (light enough to easily read though).
Old Shingoshi

Halloween?

Post by Old Shingoshi »

This is something you never ever want to see. Happened after installing the GlobalSpec search engine extension. Luckily, it resolved itself. I've had this nightmare before, and spent time trying to figure it out. Thankfully, this time I didn't have to.
This is the kind of interface error I used to get with every other dark theme I tried to use before this one.

Shingoshi
Last edited by Old Shingoshi on August 25th, 2007, 2:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
amnesia

Post by amnesia »

hi i really love the dark theme, but i dont like the nasa image, sorry, is there a way to remove it when loading web pages, i just like the darkness
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

amnesia wrote:hi i really love the dark theme, but i dont like the nasa image, sorry, is there a way to remove it when loading web pages, i just like the darkness

Yes. Instead of the code for the NASA image in userContent.css, just put this in instead:

Code: Select all

background: none black !important;
}
}

Update 2009-May-20: The use of userContent.css to style empty tabs with NASA Night Launch is now un-recommended. There's a better way using Stylish. See this post later in this thread for full details.
Last edited by mcdavis on May 20th, 2009, 9:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

I don't know if this is what the earlier remarks about Console2 were referring to or not. But this is what I am experiencing with the latest version of Console2.
Notice my extension list in the sidebar. The gray text is actually for my disabled extensions. The text for my enabled extensions is barely visible.

Shingoshi

http://forums.mozillazine.org/posting.p ... &p=3024470
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

That's possible. I'm not sure if mcdavis has released a new version of his theme that takes advantage of the attribute I added. You could disable Console2 to see if this problem goes away.

Phil