New Theme: NASA Night Launch

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
diametrix

Post by diametrix »

:shock:

With 1.5, you can apply McD's edit
to any theme and create one for TB.

Pete
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

That's ok. But I do hate it when I install windows software in Linux, and I wind up with all these icons on my desktop. Sometimes it can be avoided. But when it can't be, I wind up with two icons for each application installed for windows. That may just be how screwed up my system is, which I know it to be. You'll have to ask steviex if he is running Wine in Linux. Then, if he is, he can tell you if he has the same problem or not. Linux AFAIK never puts icons on the desktop (only if you want some there). They all go into what is our equivalent of the start menu. Everything is just organized by default. Nothing is scattered without evidence of order. So our desktops by default, are very clean (or empty).

Shingoshi
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

Shingoshi wrote:How did you get rid of the text labels in Thunderbird? Mac, did you do that?

Not me!
Theme Development is Radical Participation.
NNL Beta Builds for Current and Up-coming Firefox
Dear User: Your Help is Needed
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

It's kind of funny how many forums I have sending me Happy Birthday emails. And I'm not even sure if I'm happy about it. OLD, SO OLD!

Shingoshi
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

Shingoshi wrote:It's kind of funny how many forums I have sending me Happy Birthday emails. And I'm not even sure if I'm happy about it. OLD, SO OLD!

Don't sweat it. Remember, thirty is the new twenty. :)
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

Yeah, so what the hell is 51!!
Dead Old fart laughing.

Shingoshi
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

Ok, I see now there is an open release available. I am going to restart my browser an try installing it in my old profile and see if I can "get it back", so to speak.

Shingoshi
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

I got it back!! Thank God!

Shingoshi
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

Shingoshi wrote:Yeah, so what the hell is 51!!
Dead Old fart laughing.

Remember, thirty is the new twenty, fifty is the new thirty, and so on ... :)
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

mcdavis941 wrote:
Shingoshi wrote:Yeah, so what the hell is 51!!
Dead Old fart laughing.

Remember, thirty is the new twenty, fifty is the new thirty, and so on ... :)

Oh young man, your kindness exceeds you!

Shingoshi
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

<b>Latest Release</b>

Version 0.6.20070815 — August 15, 2007

Includes several major improvements for the latest Firefox 3.0 alpha (3.0a8, a.k.a. Minefield):

+ Style the new Download Manager (Minefield only)
+ Accommodate new splitter on left of search box in main browser toolbar (Minefield only)
+ Style the new "Content Handling" dialog (Minefield only)
+ Style link color for malware warning page (Minefield only)
+ New subskin "toolbarbutton-corner-radius-4px" (handles round corners on main toolbar buttons for Fx3.0)
+ Adds styling for about:config warning screen (Minefield only)

Bug Fixes:

* Don't put outline around focused tab close button.
* Handle first-run case in feed preview header
* No bg image on main window with subskin (Minefield only) RESOLUTION: magically fixed itself
* Use tree background color for "Choose Folder" (Move Bookmark) Dialog
* Handle chrome URL coloration in Page Info media pane (Minefield only)

Under the Covers:

+ Adds styling for new XUL "scale" element (Minefield only)
+ Handle fix for tab drag and drop indicator https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=338302 (Minefield only)
+ Handle bug 388334 : Page Info theme should be more reusable by extensions. (Minefield only)
+ Use ew-/ns-resize cursor on splitters instead of e-/n-resize https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=389187
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

To follow up on Seamaiden's post about Console²:

seamaiden wrote:Confirmed. Previous versions of the extension were tested back to 0.3.6.3, and the issue persists. I have notified the authors of Console² (Console Squared) about this problem. Hopefully, they will contact mcdavis941 regarding a workaround or fix for this issue. Console² is a core extension that NO ONE should have to disable.

The latest release of NNL has some code in it which seems to work with a custom build of Console2. For this to work, Console2 would have to add an extra attribute to the richlistbox with its binding, so I could write rules like

Code: Select all

richlistbox[fromConsole2="true"] {
  -moz-appearance: none;
  background: url("chrome://global/skin/richlistitem/richlist-gradient-bg.png") bottom right repeat-x #1e1e1e;
  border: 1px solid black;
  color: #bbbbbb;
}

If you want to test this out, PM me with your email address and I'll send you the patched Console2 .xpi for testing.

This issue is that Console2 uses an 'override' command to replace richlistbox.css from the theme with its own version of richlistbox.css, meaning that my theme rules don't even get used without special steps.

So what I've done is add the richlistbox rules back in by way of global.css, which pretty much gets used everywhere, with the new fromConsole2 attribute selector on the rules so they only apply when Console2 is being used. Otherwise, the new rules get ignored and the standard rules apply.

The question is whether this works with all the places that richlistbox occurs in the UI, including:

- the Extensions Manager (for the Tbird users ... and you thought I didn't care)
- the Themes Manager
- the Add-ons Manager
- the Download Manager
- the Error Console
- the Fx3 Page Info dialog
- the Fx3 Protocol Handler dialog
- and all of the dozens of extensions that use richlistbox.

So, consider this an experiment. It would be great if you could let me know how it goes. If this isn't totally whack then I'll ask Philip Chee if he wouldn't mind adding a very small bit of code to Console2 to work with this.
Last edited by mcdavis on August 16th, 2007, 10:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

I've just released Console² 0.3.8. But if you let me know what you need changed I'll put this in the latest testing version.
This issue is that Console2 uses an 'override' command to replace richlistbox.css from the theme with its own version of richlistbox.css, meaning that my theme rules don't even get used without special steps.
Sorry about that. I inherited this from zeniko.

Phil
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

Philip Chee wrote:I've just released Console² 0.3.8. But if you let me know what you need changed I'll put this in the latest testing version.
Sorry about that. I inherited this from zeniko.

Thanks Phil! No need to apologize. Console2 is an awesome extension.

All I had to do was edit your richlistbox.xml in the inner jar (console2.jar) by replacing the <content> tag for the first binding with the line:

<content fromConsole2="true">

because any attributes on the content tag in the binding are applied to the bound element itself. The code ends up looking like this.

Code: Select all

<binding id="richlistbox" extends="chrome://console2/content/listbox.xml#listbox">
      <xul:scrollbox allowevents="true" orient="vertical" anonid="main-box"
                     flex="1" style="overflow: auto;">
        <children />
      </xul:scrollbox>
    </content>

How does that look to you? Whatever you want to call the attribute, I'll write the rules to work with it.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

mcdavis941 wrote:All I had to do was edit your richlistbox.xml in the inner jar (console2.jar) by replacing the <content> tag for the first binding with the line:

because any attributes on the content tag in the binding are applied to the bound element itself.
OK I am planning to use <content Console2themeable="true"> but in the mean time Neil over on #irc said:
NeilAway> why can't NASA write his own version of chrome://console2/skin/richlistbox.css ?
NeilAway> just add skin console2 nightlaunch/1.0 jar:whatever! to the chrome.manifest
Would this be a better solution?

Phil