New Theme: NASA Night Launch

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

mcdavis941 wrote:My preference would be to go with <content console2themeable="true">.
OK. Thanks. I'll update the 0.3.8+ testing version and push it to the mozdev mirrors. Note I am lowercasing the attribute as "console2themeable".

Phil
Cliobritt

Post by Cliobritt »

downloaded this but how do i get it to work??
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

Cliobritt wrote:downloaded this but how do i get it to work??

Cliobrit: is something not working?
Theme Development is Radical Participation.
NNL Beta Builds for Current and Up-coming Firefox
Dear User: Your Help is Needed
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

Philip Chee wrote:
mcdavis941 wrote:My preference would be to go with <content>.
OK. Thanks. I'll update the 0.3.8+ testing version and push it to the mozdev mirrors. Note I am lowercasing the attribute as "console2themeable".

Thank you for being willing to help me out. Dark themes are kind of a fringe case so I appreciate it.
Philip Chee

Post by Philip Chee »

mcdavis941 wrote:Thank you for being willing to help me out. Dark themes are kind of a fringe case so I appreciate it.
Please wait at least 12 hours for the mozdev mirrors to synchronize before downloading the Testing Version: Console² 0.3.8+ from http://console2.mozdev.org/. Thanks.

Phil
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

Shingoshi wrote:I am eager to learn (especially from the best)!

Awesome. I'll be glad to answer questions.

As for the best, that would be the people who wrote

this http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-CSS2/
and this http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Main_Page
and this http://developer.mozilla.org/en/docs/Ca ... _Reference
and who frequent this newgroup http://groups.google.com/group/mozilla. ... css/topics
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

Oh stop with your modesty! Where and/or how do I start?

Shingoshi
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

Shingoshi wrote:Where and/or how do I start?

Seriously, the resources I just listed are the ones you'll want to use. The CSS used in Fx2.0 is based on CSS2, with some Mozilla-specific extensions.

I'm not sure how you like to learn, but I do best having some goal in mind. Maybe you want to pick one of the extensions that I'm not handling in the theme -- didn't you mention FEBE and CLEO? -- and we can start to look at how to handle those.
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

I didn't realize that you were posting the resources I needed to pursue. I guess I just wasn't paying attention. I thought you were up to your familiar modesty, and not listing resources to examine. I need to be more attentive.

Seriously though, your humility is a virtue! But I think by reading your signature, no one should expect anything less.

Shingoshi
Last edited by Old Shingoshi on August 20th, 2007, 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
Soul Stealer

Post by Soul Stealer »

Couldn't this stuff be done via Private Message so the rest of us don't have to sift through one person's personal wants? Image
It's like I said.
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

Nutty S Man wrote:Couldn't this stuff be done via Private Message so the rest of us don't have to sift through one person's personal wants? Image

I may not be the only one who wants to do this. And the suggestions Mac has offered are applicable to anyone who wants to do the same. So why is your griping any better?

Ok. I concede to emails for this.

Shingoshi
Last edited by Old Shingoshi on August 20th, 2007, 10:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

Maybe we should take this offline. Let's go with email.
Soul Stealer

Post by Soul Stealer »

Shingoshi wrote:So why is your griping any better?Shingoshi

Wasn't a gripe. Merely a question. Just seems like the last half dozen pages or so have been all about Shingoshi and what Shingoshi wants ...

If mcdavis wants to continue what you guys are doing in this thread he has the right .... it is his thread after all. And I'll continue skipping over the stuff that doesn't apply to anyone else without another word.
It's like I said.
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

End-user comment and participation is always and will always be welcome. Any who doesn't wish to take part can choose not to receive email notification of new comments. I think this will work for everyone.
Old Shingoshi

Post by Old Shingoshi »

Nutty S Man wrote:
Shingoshi wrote:So why is your griping any better?Shingoshi

Wasn't a gripe. Merely a question. Just seems like the last half dozen pages or so have been all about Shingoshi and what Shingoshi wants ...

If mcdavis wants to continue what you guys are doing in this thread he has the right .... it is his thread after all. And I'll continue skipping over the stuff that doesn't apply to anyone else without another word.

I probably have more extensions installed than most people. So I am more likely to also encounter things that others don't. Almost everything I have asked for has had to do with the way Night Launch displays various elements. Granted, I may ask for a lot. Simply because I have the opportunity to notice more things.

Shingoshi
109 enabled extensions.