New Theme: NASA Night Launch

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
ChefChaudart

Post by ChefChaudart »

In that case, it's fine, so that's an extension issue. You can forget that. You cannot support any single extension ;-)

Thanks.
Do not forget Liu Xiaobo
Cato62

Post by Cato62 »

I am also using Download Manager Tweak and have no issue as far as that extension goes. The only issue I had with an extension was with Console2-0.3.7+. Once disabled, everything returned to normal. I'm using FF 2.0.0.4, WinXP SP2. I hope this helps. :)
"It is difficult to fight against anger, for a man will buy revenge with his soul." ~ Heraclites, 500 B.C.

The Blood Series: BloodFire, BloodFire 3, BloodThunder, BloodSun, & BloodSong
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

ChefChaudart wrote:In that case, it's fine, so that's an extension issue. You can forget that. You cannot support any single extension ;-)

Thanks, but I went ahead and made it at least usable, if not polished.

Theme Development is Radical Participation.
NNL Beta Builds for Current and Up-coming Firefox
Dear User: Your Help is Needed
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

Cato62 wrote:I am also using Download Manager Tweak and have no issue as far as that extension goes. The only issue I had with an extension was with Console2-0.3.7+. Once disabled, everything returned to normal. I'm using FF 2.0.0.4, WinXP SP2. I hope this helps. :)

Thank you Cato that helps a TON. I'll check it out.
FocusedWolf

Post by FocusedWolf »

It is a nice theme. Bit i think the bottom status bar, the button + slider of the scrollbar are a little boring. also the progressbar on the bottom seems a little dwarfted :P

I made a prototype of how i'd do the progress bar...second from top looks best.

http://wolfsstuff.googlepages.com/proto.bmp
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

FocusedWolf wrote:I made a prototype of how i'd do the progress bar...second from top looks best.

http://wolfsstuff.googlepages.com/proto.bmp

So yeah, that's not bad FocusedWolf. I could see that working. I'd prolly boost the saturation and brightness a little to pump up the volume just a bit on the orange, but you're on it.

What all do you have in your statusbar? I think I see IE Tab but I don't recognize the rest of that.
FocusedWolf

Post by FocusedWolf »

mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

ChefChaudart wrote:May I had these issues ;

That part of the UI is changing due to the new "Places" concept of bookmarking in Fx3.0, and I'm going to wait until the Places UI is more finalized before I make a bunch of changes for that.

Thanks again for pointing out these bugs.
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

Latest Release: June 17, 2007 (0.5.20070617)

Adds support (usability, not polish) for Download Manager Tweaks extension.
Fixes issue with MTLI "Restart Firefox" menu item when used in the "File" menu.
Darkspark

Post by Darkspark »

How come sometimes I load a new page, the black space launch background appears before the page has fully loaded, and at other times it does not?

I would like the rocket launch image to always appear when I load a page or open a new tab. What event triggers it to appear?

edit* I figured out this black rocket lauch image only appears when I "middle click" using the mouse. Is there a way to make it appear when I click or open pages using a normal mouse click?
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

Darkspark wrote:How come sometimes I load a new page, the black space launch background appears before the page has fully loaded, and at other times it does not?

I would like the rocket launch image to always appear when I load a page or open a new tab. What event triggers it to appear?

edit* I figured out this black rocket lauch image only appears when I "middle click" using the mouse. Is there a way to make it appear when I click or open pages using a normal mouse click?

@Darkspark:

I'm assuming you're talking about after you add code like this to userContent.css:

Code: Select all

@-moz-document url(about:blank) {
html {
background: url("chrome://global/skin/watermarks/about.blank.sts116-s-021.v010.jpg") no-repeat center center fixed black !important;
}
}

Is that what you mean?

Update 2009-May-20: The use of userContent.css to style empty tabs with NASA Night Launch is now un-recommended. There's a better way using Stylish. See this post later in this thread for full details.
Last edited by mcdavis on May 20th, 2009, 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darkspark

Post by Darkspark »

Hmm. Im not very technical when it comes to code, but yes that image is what I want to appear.
When I first got the theme, it used to appear when I started the browser (before the first page loaded). Now I found it works when a new page is opened in another window (or depending on tab settings, next to the current tab) or when links are opened in tabs in the background (mousewheel click)

For instance clicking the link to the picture posted in your post (3rd post from the top), loads a new tab which is automatically focused on, which loads the image in question. Now is it possible to have this image load even when for instance entering a new web address in the address bar or when the browser first opens, and the hopepage has not yet appeared? Essentially wherever there is white space whilst transitioning between pages. It would really keep the dark theme intact.

You've done a lot of excellent work mcdavis941 and I wouldn't want to further trouble you, are you've probably a host of real bug fixes to complete, but what does the code you wrote perform? Does it ensure the background always appears?

In addition, I think the progress bar at the bottom right of the browser should be kept the same. It looks great as it is. Clean and sharp.

Somethingss that have been mentioned are the lack of small icons which is my only concern. Otherwise works perfectly. No trouble with extensions.
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

Darkspark wrote:Hmm. Im not very technical when it comes to code, but yes that image is what I want to appear.
When I first got the theme, it used to appear when I started the browser (before the first page loaded). Now I found it works when a new page is opened in another window (or depending on tab settings, next to the current tab) or when links are opened in tabs in the background (mousewheel click)

For instance clicking the link to the picture posted in your post (3rd post from the top), loads a new tab which is automatically focused on, which loads the image in question. Now is it possible to have this image load even when for instance entering a new web address in the address bar or when the browser first opens, and the hopepage has not yet appeared? Essentially wherever there is white space whilst transitioning between pages. It would really keep the dark theme intact.

You've done a lot of excellent work mcdavis941 and I wouldn't want to further trouble you, are you've probably a host of real bug fixes to complete, but what does the code you wrote perform? Does it ensure the background always appears?

The above code adds the image to new and empty tabs and sometimes on the background of pages while they are loading. There are always going to be some white flashes, which I can't help without reprogramming Firefox (which isn't going to happen).

In addition, I think the progress bar at the bottom right of the browser should be kept the same. It looks great as it is. Clean and sharp.

I agree. That's a key part of the look and I won't change it. If I did anything it would be as a subskin.

Somethingss that have been mentioned are the lack of small icons which is my only concern. Otherwise works perfectly. No trouble with extensions.

Thanks.
tkmasta

Post by tkmasta »

Here's the screenshots you asked for in the discussion section regarding the cut offs in the Options menu.

I'm using the latest version of Firefox (2.0.0.4) on Windows XP Professional w/ Service Pack 2.

Heres the screenshot for the "Advanced" (Fonts) section:
http://img252.imageshack.us/img252/6047 ... offpb6.jpg

And heres the "Color" section:
http://img526.imageshack.us/img526/393/ ... offkk4.jpg

Both are at a 1:1 scale.
mcdavis

Post by mcdavis »

tkmasta wrote:Here's the screenshots you asked for in the discussion section regarding the cut offs in the Options menu.

I'm using the latest version of Firefox (2.0.0.4) on Windows XP Professional w/ Service Pack 2.

Thank you tkmasta. I'll look into that.

BTW could you tell me what desktop skin you're using? That seem to go really well with the theme (errr, the theme seems to go really well with your desktop :-)).

Thanks, I'll get back to you in a little while.